What i finished building/built today.

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by dangermouse650, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I served when the old F4 was in its heyday and perhaps because of that I have a very soft spot for it.

There is absolutely no doubting the fact that the Phantom in its day was one of the greatest top ten fighters of all time, because of that thousands were built and the records it set and its incredible longevity are LEGENDARY.

That fact about the Phantom is undisputable.

BUT, making it into a fold and score Foamy seems frought with challenges, perhaps it could be done well by somebody, maybe. I'm just not sure it could be done to look scale, built easily and still fly reasonably well but if it could I would want to build it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  3. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I am not bothered how fast and how many people it has killed. with the wing wing where it is, a score and fold parkjet Phantom would probably be a miserable plane to fly. All the weight is on the top and handling would suffer. If you just wanted to pootle about lazy circles with a 3 axis stabilizer, then fine.

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  4. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

Really what would really be the difference instead of under fuse nacciles your doing it to the sides lol seriously all the weight is on top of all park flyers anyways, batteries ESC pretty much all electronics are sitting on the wing on all Parkflyers . fuse sides are above wing attached above ??
    again whats the difference. I mean seriously how many here static balance there wings or elevators :) people here only balance horizontal guess what the 16 is balanced vertical as well :) may elextronics are not wing center but centered to the fuse you think that may do something
    I believe even shannon and them are starting to realize having batteries etc centered into the fuse may just be a better design
    With better flight characteristics etc
    I know it would be just harder to design an get right phantom i just looked at planes appears not as hard as lets say a scaled A 10 or even really scaled Su .

with EDf's in the picture and money now being spent why not a twin P 38 lighting
    but the Phantom still falls under Delta wing design , but with curved wing tip ends etc

All i was trying to get at is and i think you agree enough of the Su designs already and come up with something else
    TBH i do not really care what it is as long as its something different
    a designer only gets better when he challenges him self

An d even thou i may not build it i just like seeing new planes in the sky

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    bimoadiprakoso and e3_Scott like this.
  6. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

wild please show me :)

7. NAMC Mig 35B , SU-27, PI SU-35 SU-37 and on and on . ;)

bimoadiprakoso and e3_Scott like this.
  8. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

Go take a picture of the the su battery in it

9. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I personally have'nt seen you build or fly any of the score and fold planes offered on this forum at all Nightswatch.All the desighners here are puting out planes that are easy to build and fly from the newbee to the advanced pilots.Key word is easy,for every body to build and fly with a piece of foam and a little emagination.If you want more advanced and harder builds go to Wattflyer or some where.I know we are all happy here with what we are doing with no negativity,or being put down .I'm sorry,but I personally can't take the coments any more,I have made freinds here and have had a lot of fun with talking with them,but lately I've been sighning off pissed off.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Well said Jim :cool:

When we pursue the excitements of doing scratchbuilding, we share the joy to other builders and flyers. Not just keeping things to ourselves. It's the joy of sharing to others, not telling others to do things we enjoy and wanna see, while those people might struggling putting their efforts just to please one or few persons. An un-equilibrium.

Humbly, I'm personally not embarrassed to admit that I've been learning a lot from RCPowers and its gurus: Dave Powers (@DavePowers), Scott Lott (@ScottLott), Shannon (@Shannon). They have been delivering revolutionary designs from profile, up to 3d fuselage parkjets. It took a lot of efforts and good attitude to educate thousands of people around the world to have the guts to jump into rc parkjet scratchbuilding, simplifying it and finally receive high acknowledgements and respects.

Some people here have lots of knowledge yet they share and talk to others like they've just learned it. In my humble perspective, attitude matters :) I give them all my thumbs up and high respect.

And Dave being in RC world for, let's say, a really long time, he and Shannon are still responding positively to any questions, requests and even just simple questions. I've personally never seen any "Just google or do search in this forum if you wanna to know it" answer from any highly respected founders and members here. They are behaving so well, along they teach us all on how to behave as well without telling us what to do. And even when some people tried to design their own planes, they support them to do so by encouraging them. None I've seen they just criticize,underestimate and let them down.

It's important for us all to try harder to be positive because it will never be enough. Recognitions and respects will follow us without having to ask for it.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

paulh998, e3_Scott, EricR and 4 others like this.
  11. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

In all the months you have been commenting on this forum you have not bothered to find out what goes into designing and building a good parkjet. If you had bothered to look at the plans and listen to the designers, you would find the electrics are not just strewn around in the fuselage willy nilly.
    Care is taken to CENTRE the elctronics to get the best handling out of the plane.
    The only recent design to have the battery and electronics above the wing is Daves Hydrojet and that is more of a novelty than a serious jet.
    A good plane is not about how pretty it looks but how well it performs in the air.
    Aero modeling means different things to different folk, personally I would take handling and performance over looks. There are some lucky gifted people that can do both.
    Putting looks above handling will give you and your friends something to talk about while sitting on the ground but a poorly handling plane usually ends in tears.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    paulh998, e3_Scott, EricR and 4 others like this.
  12. pileit1

pileit1 Ace Pilot

That's right bogus, and a model that doesn't fly well spends most of it's life on the ground because it's not fun to fly.

e3_Scott, homey666, EricR and 4 others like this.
  13. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Had this done back in November and the motor finally arrived today. It's a Magnum Reloaded. Pretty hard to hide the battery and balance properly and seems just a bit tail heavy. It has an 1800kv motor swinging a 8x4 prop. Should be fun! We'll see soon enough!

Peter

2017-04-04 20.16.57.jpg

jimbosflyin, EricR, e3_Scott and 2 others like this.
  14. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Peter -

Is that built from a kit or a set of plans? Looks very cool...and cool is good...:cool:

Cheers,

Scott

jimbosflyin and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  15. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Free plans I got somewhere. It's pretty cool looking. There's a ton of vids out there. Also 2 versions. One has an enclosed "cockpit" & one has an open "cockpit". This one build video I found is drier than a popcorn fart but had some tips I used.

Peter

16. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

It is a fun little plane for a 3 channel, i was using it to chase my bro and his ezyfly. Flies nice and slow, i built the fuselage with the lid off one of those foam boxes. :)

17. pileit1

pileit1 Ace Pilot

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    e3_Scott likes this.
  18. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

My brother has been itching for something a bit faster than the ezyfly so i brought out the corro and cut an Su-37 profile. I let him build it so he can get ideas how to do it himself.
    [​IMG]
    Maiden flight was uneventful, it flew really well, once i trimmed it i handed him the controls, he was thrilled. So he took it home and decorated it.
    [​IMG]
    By the way, it has already proven itself by finding a nose into the dirt, just like my corro mig, just picked it up and threw it back in the air. :)

Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.
  19. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

I have persisted with getting an agricultural plane going, after the demise of my agwagon i built a piper pawnee, am currently in the middle of painting it.
    [​IMG]
    Maiden flight was less than graceful, all control surfaces were working, on launch it was about 10 feet and into the ground, i wasn't too sure what happened. I picked it up and the elevator was facing down so i trimmed it up. Launched again and got maybe 2minutes of flight, holding the elevator up as i had no more trim then all of a sudden she started doing loops and was into the ground. Upon inspection, the grub screw on the servo arm had come out. Well, as they say, they do fly better with some scars, this thing is a real floater, very acrobatic when you want to throw it around, yet very stable and docile if you want to cruise.
    Next project, Jeremy and i plan on a twin build of the P.I Su-35.

Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.