What i finished building/built today.

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by dangermouse650, Jan 9, 2016.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

lol

I just calculate my fleet when it reaches 8 planes, I just decommission 1. I'm about to decommision F-16C or F-15C in exchange to any upcoming design. Or probably SU-37 G1 as I'm still in love watching my SU-34B.
    But I love watching you coming back these days with lots of things to explore BB56.

Anyone care to see F-16XL EDF as G1E? I still have 1 more used EDF. Was thinking if I would continue the successful F-16XL we had to accompany the latest PI Eurofighter Typhoon G1E

I just have to find additional hours from the existing 24 we have today lol

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Wildthing, jimbosflyin and malukk like this.
  2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Eric built a modifies PI F-16XL for a 70mm or 80mm EDF,seems like a good choice by me,This is to coinsadental since I have been planning to build it with the conversion also Bimo.Lets do it.

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Cool! :cool:

Eric modified a standard PI F-16C mid mounted to a pusher, Jim. With a used EDF in my hand, I just don't wanna waste it and turn it into something good. On the other hand, with cranked delta wing on the F-16XL, it saves servos so we could use 2 servos only without rudder, or 3 servos including rudder. Therefore, it could be an efficient built as well.

We'll go with it after I complete the construction guide for the Eurofighter Typhoon G1E so everyone could enjoy building and flying it. I'm still adding one detail at a time now :)

Google+

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    EricR, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Sorry about that,I ment to say F-16C which is the one I was interested in building with an EDF unit.

EricR, bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

No worries Jim. I made a mistake as well, writing "mid mounted to a pusher". Should be to EDF This happened when my fingers were typing without asking my brain first

Google+

EricR, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  6. Rigbone71

Rigbone71 Cadet

Yep she's ugly! was doing a fast build (F-22 v2) & got sidetracked w/the cockpit! (Was waiting for glue to dry)- Really like my aircraft to have pilots- w/1600mah, 2200 kv motor, elevons only & pilot; my weight is 560g. It'll fly slow but I'm ok w/that. I'll maiden it soon as the weather calms down.
    Happy flying!

Attached Files:

7. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

No But I wouldn`t mind the Avro Canada Arrow:)
    I really don`t like doing the same planes over again.

8. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

BB56,

I'm with you.

Re-hashing some of the same planes over and over again with a few improvements/mods here and there gets a little old but not in every case.

9. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

100 percent agree
    Bimo you think the Su series are little over done its all everyone is really doing on here and its really becoming a stain
    you got your previous , Scotts and boxermades etc
    I know there one of the easiest to design and 99.9 percent of the time will fly stable .

But From seeing all these Su series being built i am quickly losing interest in building my balsa Su matter fact I am about 90 percent set to put it on the self of things to build , down the road plan.

Why don't you challenge your self and do something more challenging like BB said Avro , maybe a Tutor or something totally different from the rest Seriously
    An if you do the star wars fighter i will un follow you :)

10. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

3arrows (1).jpg 3arrows (1).jpg 3arrows (1).jpg
    How could you say no to these beauties

11. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

Or one of these beauties Snow bird or F4 Phantom IMG_3988.jpg F4 phantom.jpg

12. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

This is just my own opinion but I think the Phantom is bloody ugly and would not be interested at all.
    It`s not really a cleaver design but a series of compromises.
    For instance the anhedral on the horizontal stabilizer is to off set the dihedral on the wings and that is a compromise for them being in the wrong place to start with. Maybe they printed out the oleo struts first and found the wheels wouldn`t touch the ground.:)

13. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

I beg to differ pretty much all fighter jets go thru a flaw phase just have to look at the latest F22 and F 35 :) its plaged with flaws .. Yet For nearly four decades of service in the U.S. military, the Phantom performed every combat task thrown at it—almost every mission ever defined.
    It kicked the F 104 @ss with the twin J 79 engines that made all the difference . They even used these jets @ Nasa to follow Titan rockets into space closing speed and updating mission control while camera pods mounted under each wing shot film at 900 frames per second. Matching velocity with a Titan rocket for 90 extreme seconds, the Phantom powered through the missile’s thundering wash, then broke away as the rocket surged toward space. Of pacing a Titan II in a two-seat fighter
    at speeds of mach 2.2 and carrying a load of weapons of 18,000 pounds The F4 was a amazing multi roll fighter jet

When comparing it to the Avro in speeds lets have a look
    Avro top speeds 1.98 max height 50,000 feet
    combat radius 660 km
    stats interceptor role
    pay load undefined

F 4 phantom
    To show off their new fighter, the Navy led a series of record-breaking flights early in Phantom development:[3] All in all, the Phantom set 16 world records. Except for Skyburner, all records were achieved in unmodified production aircraft. Five of the speed records remained unbeaten until the F-15 Eagle appeared in 1975

Also the F4 phantom has Ace status where Avro never fought a day in its existence comparing the 2 the F 4 would smear the avro in combat @ 100 percent kill rate over the Avro any day of the week :)
    maximum range check this out 4180 km what was the Avro ?? 610 lol

Altitude F4 98,556 feet the Avro ?? 50,000 F4 doubled it in altitude
    TBH there is no comparison between the 2

Flybyknight22 and dangermouse650 like this.
  14. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

I have been looking around for a good model of the F-4, phantom, she may look ugly too some but it really was a great aircraft. I may just have to give it a try for myself.. One day :)

15. Nightswatch

Nightswatch Top Gun

I agree check out this maiden

16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

was thinking about Avro Arrow and even Super Arrow concept. The Avro looks close to Vigilante with delta.
    Yeah, I feel that as well FBK. I have 2 EDFs on my bench, one with broken impeller (aimed to be installed inside the Typhoon but got broken on bench test), and used one still working fine complete with its ESC. I just don't want to waste it unused so I need to think of a design that accommodate that working EDF. It could be twin engines that sit close to each other like Typhoon, or a single engine like F-16 XL. I've seen a good F-16 pusher design by poormanairforce. But only a little bit of XL out there with 3d fuselage. We've learned so much when designing Eurofighter and introduced us a "new" or improved technique we call "half-line score and fold" to create transitioning shapes. But this doesn't make the XL will be the final call I wouldn't be able to design anything for the next few weeks as well because of my schedules that are not related to RC Also, was thinking about scale look F-18 with redesigned thrust tube just like molded Y thrust tube inside FMS F-18. It's still and will be endless learning process for me and I enjoy it so much, specially being around you guys all
    Errr .... Nope lol

No worries. It's listed on the upcoming designs I have in mind. However, what if we go with EDF for it? Draken is also a good candidate Remember when I told you that I could see RC construction lines on any planes pictures or 3D model I did? Don't know if you're right about me having autistic syndrome or not, but I could see those lines that makes it easier for me to design any planes.

Google+

Wildthing, EricR and jimbosflyin like this.
  17. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

The Draken is one of my favourite jets and it is single engine I have a cheapo 70mm EDF in stock.
    But who doesn`t love the Draken?

Does the next design need to be a jet? Seeing Jeffs Spit and Shoestring flying so well I have a hankering for a sport aerobatic monoplane, but not 3D.
    Leigh has made a beautiful GeeBee and two Spits and they all seem to fly very well.

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Let's try Draken then BB56

I need to flush the last EDF I have in hand

Google+

19. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

20. EricR