WHAT DID YOU FLY TODAY???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by SONICFOAM, Nov 20, 2010.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

2200 3s he will be up there all day.:D

Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.
  2. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Just send it up and come back later when it's one :D

andy_downs and Wildthing like this.
  3. not if you actually fly it and not glide around. ;)

andy_downs and Sterling101 like this.
  4. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Bit like my Hawk that I ran dry after three minutes this afternoon and ended up landing in the field instead of getting back to the runway :D

andy_downs and Wildthing like this.
  5. Was able to sneak out today for one flight, cold but no wind so only one battery . Annie with it's new skis and color. This girl flies solid as a rock, I am not use to flying this slow
    :D

6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Nice!

andy_downs, Sterling101 and Wildthing like this.
  7. hey I figured out the eyes on the back, not an owl, they resemble the old video game PacMan. ;)

andy_downs and Sterling101 like this.
  8. mastermalpass086

mastermalpass086 Ace Pilot

That thing's an absolute beauty! Rather I jealous I must say, today was sunny without the slightest hint of wind. Perfect day to maiden the Dh.82, I thought! Dh.82 thought otherwise. First off, FPV signal was useless - I've put the control Tx next to the video Tx, need to re-arrange that. Figured I would go ahead and fly-by-eye. Dh.82 didn't agree with that either, with the roughness of the pitch being too much even for her massive wheels, she spat off the propeller before she moved an inch.

So, instead, the FT Mini Scout was maidened instead. T/O from ground was a no-go with this as well, but I'm not so afraid of hand-launching this one. After trimming out the torque roll, it proved to be quite a stress-free little bug and I think, until I find a better field, mini planes will be taking up most of my flight hours (ignoring rotor-wings). Foolishly, I let my Dad have a go. I knew he was likely to crash, but not rip a whole wing off! Ah well, I've got it epoxing back together as we speak - with such a low wing-loading (I mean, it can fly on 1/4 throttle) I'm sure it will be fine to fly again.

Didn't catch any footage today, so here's a pic of everyone before they got a bit muddy.

[​IMG]

9. Bend a new landing gear, mount in the same spot but extend the legs and bend them forward so the wheels are just behind the prop

10. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

Are those little planes hard to see? Do you have to fly real close and how susceptible are they to wind? It looks like your plane would be so much fun!!! chas

andy_downs, Sterling101 and Wildthing like this.
  11. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Why don`t you ask to borrow your dad`s car just after he has washed it?
    You know the rest :D

12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

really nice,looks great in the air

13. Thanks

Sterling101 likes this.
  14. mastermalpass086

If you're referring to the Dh.82, I'm afraid it's not as simple as bending a new one. The landing gear on this plane is effectively twelve parts. I'm simply going to need to find a smoother spot in the pitch, or lay down some boards to accelerate from.

This plane's stability at slow speed makes it easy to keep close, and relatively low, so keeping sight isn't hard. Regardless, the colour scheme is designed to help keep orientation. The back and wing tips are green, nose is red, and it's all white on the underside. I think I will be making more of these, minis seem to be forgiving... Has anyone made a half-size Su-34?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  15. mastermalpass086

Yesterday was another calm, but misty day, and with repairs to the Mini Scout being done so quickly, I took it out for a longer, more successful flight. It's a pretty agile bird for being rudder+Elevator with a huge dihedral.

After that, I headed to the north coast to visit my auntie, where the Quadcopter was sent up to catch some view of the Estuary.

Repairs and reinforcement work on the Dh.82 are complete. I just have to sort out that FPV interference problem, and weather permitting, an actual maiden of it should be soon. I do hope at least... I first started planning the plane nearly a year ago, now, it was meant to be my plane of 2018!

16. notamedclosed

notamedclosed Ace Pilot

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas.

I've been battling equipment failures (darn miniquads have to much stuff going on) but I managed to get a working quad together while I'm out at the farm for the holidays.

17. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Finished the year off with a bang with a couple of my favorite park jets:) No video today, just lots of flights, lots of 4S action and lots of fun! Today I broke the 200 flight mark with the F-22 V5 in the picture, made primarily of Dollar Tree foam:)
    20181231_085419.jpg

Happy New Year!

#keepingRCPowersalive

Cheers,

Scott

18. Ummm, -29 here this morning, no bang here. :D :D

JTiger and Sterling101 like this.
  19. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I'm in the middle of charging batteries at the mo hoping the weathers going to hold for a maiden to day of the a10 twin

20. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I took the little AN2 that Jeff designed to the flying field for it`s maiden flight.
    As usual the wind picked up and was pretty choppy and the plane did get blown about quite a bit.
    The good news is that it did fly and I managed rolls loops and inverted.
    To be honest at 900 mm wingspan it was not the easiest plane to fly as I kept loosing orientation.
    The bad news the mobius battery was flat.