WHAT DID YOU FLY TODAY???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by SONICFOAM, Nov 20, 2010.

1. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

This footage wasn't obviously all shot in one day, but I put together a little montage of some of my best high speed passes from 2018 :)

Included are the RC Powers Su-30 V4, F-15 V5, T50 V5 and F-22 V5 as well as the NAMC Mig-35B, lots of 4S action mixed in all planes using my favorite quad racing motors. :)

#keepingRCPowersalive

Cheers,

Scott

2. Nice. :)

Sterling101, andy_downs and e3_Scott like this.
  3. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Ya baby! Love that stuff. Thanks Scott!
    Went out for a double maiden today ..... sounds funny (haven't ever done that!....lol)
    Too windy for my skills and I haven't been out for at least 5 weeks. Drove home pouting.
    Hopefully get the PFI A10 and Chimera out tomorrow!

Peter

4. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

5. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Well, the PFI A 10 maiden didn't go well, but my trusty flying wings always come through. This is a cool looking plane and extremely stable.
    Merry Christmas!

Peter

And the Homey 2

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  6. What happened Peter?

andy_downs likes this.
  7. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Torque roll insanity. Probably too much throttle. Launched at 45 degrees, went about 30 feet, then twisted to the right and nosed in. I've never been good with park jets. Too finicky for me. Especially the tail mounts. I'm okay with mid mounts. Same thing happened with my Talon.
    C'est la vie. I came home and ate a $#!+ ton of chocolate and I feel better! Lol

Peter

8. That's to bad, sorry to hear that. Man I launched mine at 60% throttle and this is on 4S and it didn't show any torque roll, I had to think fast because I was losing sight of it quickly. ;) I can't seem to normally hand launch a conventional plane , I need landing gear and a runway then I watch others with the same plane and it just floats out of their hand. ;)

Sterling101, andy_downs and homey666 like this.
  9. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Nice maiden with chimera, it flies very well but the prop doesn`t sound balanced to me:)
    Happy Christmas:)

Sterling101, andy_downs and Wildthing like this.
  10. Hey Peter did you video the A10?

Sterling101 likes this.
  11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I'm only launching mine at about 30 degrees and 50-60% throttle,if it does tend to roll its to the left,could it have been a stall as that's what happened to mine on the maiden but that was my thought for not checking that I had to much elevator set up on it.all I can say is don't give up on this one,looks and flys great in the sky.

Wildthing, homey666 and Sterling101 like this.
  12. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Hey Andy,

My motor is rotating left, that's why it rolled right. These Sunnysky motors I've been using are threaded that way and it gives me an excuse to use up all the lefty extra props I have! Lol

Peter

andy_downs, Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.
  13. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

First couple of flights since adding the undercarriage. Decided to test on the runway as the other field is waterlogged again.

Initial flight was on an 8x4 prop and the CG moved back slightly but was a little too tail happy and a little under powered so moved
    the CG forwards again and swapped out the 8x4 for an 8x6 prop for the second flight.

Much better but highlights that I'm no 3D pilot and it may need a little more power (that's right Jeff :D ). Am re-printing a new, much lighter, UC mount and will make some better wire legs up that are a little less flexible before trying again.

On the plus side it's still in one piece ;)

14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

nice flight times

Sterling101 and Wildthing like this.
  15. What have you got in there now for a motor?

andy_downs and Sterling101 like this.
  16. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Running a Turnigy 2826/10 1400kv - not a power house by any stretch of the imagination but can swing the prop ok and on the thrust stand shows about 800g with the 8x6 prop. It's possible I'm losing some thrust from the fuselage being in the way too though as it's quite a wide front on it. Might be one to get the software out and see if I can thin it down a bit perhaps...

I've got a 3530 1100kv that can swing an 11x7 quite well but not sure the extra weight will be quite so handy from it though....

andy_downs and Wildthing like this.
  17. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Not too shabby for a 1000mah 3S really and it's not like it wasn't pulling some amps all the time either.
    I think on a less windy day it might get even better flight times but I did have some left at the end of each flight enough to do some go-arounds so that's always handy.

18. Try a 10X5 prop on it, spins it no problem. I run the same motor with a 40A esc and 2200 3S battery in the combat planes and I get great thrust out of it.

andy_downs and Sterling101 like this.
  19. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

I'll get a 10x5 ordered and see what I can get out of it :)

20. You will like it. The APC electric is really good (forgot the numbers) the APC gas or sport prop gives just about 10 more oz of thrust at the cost of 2 more amps. downside to the gas is getting it mounted properly without vibration, it's centering holes are slightly different then the electric props. I bet it is double the thrust you have now

Sterling101 and andy_downs like this.