WHAT DID YOU FLY TODAY???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by SONICFOAM, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Th
    That could make it fun to find. :D

notamedclosed likes this.
  2. Lets see, I flew my new design of the Antonov AN-2 Colt, flew great until the motor fell out :D .

Then had the new proto type F2 Viper from PI, nice looking plane :)

Also had out the new PI A10, not sure why but the motor cut out and once landed it was working again, nice that it glides beautifully.

Last was to test my new wing configuration on Double Ugly, I forgot he had that rx in it I was having range problems with so I had soldered a new antenna into it. Still fails, 20 feet max,

3. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

4. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

That was some great flying...............congrats on your skill....chas

Wildthing likes this.
  5. Up first is my design of the Antonov AN-2 Colt this is the MK2 proto type scaled up to 120% and now has dihedral built into the wings. Flight 1 very short just a tad tail heavy so brought it in and moved the battery forward about 1/2" even though in the video I said back , duh. Flight 2 much better until the screws came out of the motor mount, my fault as I could hear the vibration and just kept on going. She did glide in for a nice smooth landing .

Here is my flight from today with the F-2 Viper, this guy just has a cheep Racestar 2212 2450kv motor with a 6X4 APC prop on it and it cruises really good. Slowly finding the optimum dr settings . First attempt at landing I did a double touch and go then full throttle back up and then came in for a perfect smooth landing.

Out for another spin with the PI A-10, such a good stable flyer. motor cut out again but a quick back to 0 throttle and it cut right back in so something going goofy with the esc.

Ugly Stick bit the big one, she now rests in a garbage can It wasn't lifting and then bang up she went and then down she came.

6. Got 2 flights in today with my new Antonov AN-2 Colt and this time the motor stayed in. ;) Now that it is all trimmed in and the throws set she is a smooth flyer. Won't win any speed races that is unless it's against a hot air balloon ;) but it flies solid. Launches smooth, glides in for a nice soft landing, stall rate is pretty low so you can really putt around.

7. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Had my modified RC Powers Su-30 V4 out for a good amount of "rippage" on 3 and 4S testing a new motor:)

3S video

4S video

#keepingRCPowersalive

Cheers,

Scott

bogusbandit56 and Sterling101 like this.
  8. Newt

Newt Administrator

I've been told that this 77 second video is boring!
    Well, I agree. No wing flexing high speed banana passes, that's for sure.
    The point was that it was sunny and 60°F here in upstate NY in December and I got to fly for a half hour with out freezing to death, in a T shirt!

9. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Maiden of my full fuse modified SBach 342 in possibly the worst conditions I could have chosen!
    Winds were a steady 12MPH all morning and it started raining just as I arrived at the flying field.
    Wasn't going to go home without a flight though so sent it up anyway and I have to admit it flew ok considering the weather conditions. Found it was blowing it down field quite a lot from all the wind so couldn't harrier or prop hang but it proved the plane will fly and seems to be well balanced. Next step will be some undercarriage I think...

trying2fly, Wildthing and Newt like this.
  10. For as light as it is it looked like it handled the wind pretty good. :)

trying2fly and Sterling101 like this.
  11. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Did better than I was expecting I must admit. Will be a solid flier I think once it's not windy and raining :D

trying2fly and Wildthing like this.
  12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

very nice cant wait to see it on a nice sunny day.

trying2fly, Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.
  13. Sterling101

Sterling101 Top Gun

Nor me - to be fair, I'm looking forward to a nice sunny day in general lol

trying2fly and Wildthing like this.
  14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

using my new hatcam set up to film my PFI SU30 twin,a bit to windy to flat spin but just about managed it at 3.20

15. That looked like a pretty good flat spin to me, you have that guy dialed in just beautiful. :)

trying2fly and Sterling101 like this.
  16. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

its my go to plane its not the fastest but handles just about anything you throw at it,im going to convert my single motor one to twin as well just in case.

trying2fly, Sterling101 and Wildthing like this.
  17. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Nice flying Andy:)

Wildthing, trying2fly and Sterling101 like this.
  18. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

You can see the twin props having the effect of a gyro in the wind.:)

Sterling101 and andy_downs like this.
  19. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

My BV 215 is brilliant at flat spinning and it can do it all on it`s own. All I have to do is stall it and it then lands it`s self.
    I`ve never had any damage as the plane is so light and the landings are slow, the higher the better.
    I have never been able to get it out of the spin once it starts:D

20. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I'm glad the SU pulls out ok as I hate to think what the out come would be,although I can cut the throttle add full up elev and she just floats down like a leaf,never landed like it but it might be a good fail safe if all else fails.