WHAT DID YOU FLY TODAY???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by SONICFOAM, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Nothing but wind and rain on the way so I was happy to get the itch out of the way.I really wish this guy would cut the stupid dried up beans down already :mad:.

Wildthing likes this.
  2. Put some packing tape on the nose and all leading edges

jimbosflyin likes this.
  3. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I knew this one was a floater for landing so no big issues,just kind of plop dropped it rite on top of them.

Wildthing likes this.
  4. Had that where I plopped them down and the stem would go right through the wing. ;)

5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I got a small slice on the top right intake on the first landing comeing in foward so after that I new what to do.All my other planes land comeing in with some foward motion so they would get ripped up,they're just going to have to wait.

Wildthing likes this.
  6. notamedclosed

notamedclosed Ace Pilot

Took out the Su-27 V5. Had a lot of fun for 1.5 batteries before a CFIT incident. Cracked the wingplate and some nose damage but shouldn't take too much to fix it up.

Little slow motion in there. Because if you are going to defy physics you better do it in slow motion.

7. All that stunt flying which was awesome but I don't understand the easy crash???? ;)

jimbosflyin likes this.
  8. notamedclosed

notamedclosed Ace Pilot

All I can say is don't do a low level roll in an elevon only airplane.

jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  9. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

You are one talented pilot.......excellent pilot-plane combo!!!! Chas

10. JTiger

JTiger Airman

Took my T-50v1 for a spin today. VERY WINDY though. Did an accidental barrel roll on takeoff and did some maneuvers I've never seen before

notamedclosed and Wildthing like this.
  11. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Wildthing likes this.
  12. Well weather today was 3 degrees on the plus side and wind around 15k, almost tropical :)

The new Harley Speedster Combat Jet had it's debut. 4 flights later and the new Harley Speedster Combat Jet is dialed in pretty good and should be a contender . Started off a tad nose heavy and throws I had tuned down quite a bit , slowly moved the battery back and adjusted the throws up and it flies like the Baron now and will do almost anything you want it to.
    4th flight is where it is dialed in good, still could move the battery back a hair but with an added streamer it might balance perfectly.

Also had out the new PI A-10 proto type plane, what a joy to fly, super stable , just handles like a dream. Second video I even tried inverted and even though the rolls are not super quick it flies inverted no problem with excellent pitch control. .

homey666 and trying2fly like this.
  13. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

Two beautiful planes and an excellent pilot...thanx for sharing........by the way ..what pwr plant and prop are you using on the Harley chas

Wildthing and homey666 like this.
  14. Thanks Chas.
    It has the Turnigy 2826 10T 1400KV motor, 40A esc. 10X5 prop and 2200 3S battery/

trying2fly likes this.
  15. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

It was so quiet and fast I assumed as much. I could also see the prop turning slower than a 2200 Kvp. I immediately ordered on Ebay your set up minus the Turnigy 2826. It certainly has a "tight" roll.......if I tried that I would probably fall down!!ha! chas

Wildthing likes this.
  16. This would fly with the 2200kv motor no problem, the bigger the prop the easier to cut someone's streamer ;). The initial throws for pitch and roll were very mild but still flew good but in combat you need agility and quick response.

trying2fly likes this.
  17. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

jimbosflyin and homey666 like this.
  18. Well today was sort of a sad and cold day today to fly. An older club member is in palliative care and one of his final wishes was to come out to the field and see some planes fly.

Took out the new PI A10, cut the flight short after what I think was the servos starting to freeze up but landed smooth as silk. Also took out the new Harley Speedster Combat Jet, thing flies just beautiful.

19. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

This F-22 modified wing foil tamed the F-22 to almost a "glider". It would just float when the power was cut but still allowed all out speed when needed. It seemed to be the best of 2 worlds flying. First it was a casual easy to fly plane for the beginner but was still aerobatic enough to satisfy seasoned fliers. It was a lot of fun and the wing turned out to be a happy surprise!! chas Ps the time stamp is not accurate..my video camera was not set with the proper date and time (today is 11-27-18)

Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.