WHAT DID YOU FLY TODAY???

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by SONICFOAM, Nov 20, 2010.

1. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Sorry to hear the bad news but these things happen to all of us.:(

2. notamedclosed

notamedclosed Ace Pilot

Perfect Saturday for flying.

unnamed.jpg

Had a blast with the Durafly T-28. First plane with retracts and it was a good day for landing practice.

3. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

It looks like I'm going to be getting soaked with rain for the next 7 days so discharging my batteries,I did get out over the past three days to test my P I F-15 G2R prototype and put it through its paces with out standing results.Wildthing is currently building his and Bimo will start as soon as his work load calms down one of these days.:)

bimoadiprakoso and Lgel like this.
  4. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Time for a tracker/beeper of some sort. Some the Bluetooth tiles/trackers are cheap....you still have to be within Bluetooth range, but it definitely help with a search.

bimoadiprakoso, Lgel and Wildthing like this.
  5. notamedclosed

notamedclosed Ace Pilot

Speaking of beepers and trackers. Lost my 3" miniquad 3 weeks ago chasing a club members plane.

[​IMG]

Figured it had fell into the water because no video/RSSI signal. Yesterday a club member found it. Everything was conformal coated for water resistance but 3 weeks in dirty water is too much for conformal coating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what the XM+ receiver looks like after cleaning in IPA. Might be salvageable if I can replace those corroded components.

[​IMG]

Another option for those running a Taranis with a receiver with smart port is a GPS. It sends back the GPS coordinates to your transmitter. Even if you lose battery in the crash it will record the last coordinates which can at least get you in the right area.

6. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Yes, could help, but I suspect the glider was not lost for everyone...
    Cheers.

bimoadiprakoso, FED50H and Wildthing like this.
  7. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Snapshot - 2.png Snapshot - 2.png Was out flying my P I F-15 G2R prototype last week end,finally able to upload pics again.Thanks Scott.

8. bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  9. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

We should be seeing yours and Bimos in the air shortly.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  10. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Splendid plane, looks like the real thing, and great picture.

Cheers.

11. With the way work is going by the end of the day I am just tuckered out and even the foam feels heavy ;)

12. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

You are ripe for hot air ballooning!
    Cheers.

13. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Wait till you get over 60, just the thought of work will bugger you:D

14. LOL, Some days I feel 80

15. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  16. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Flew my ST Fox on the slope yesterday in marginal conditions (wind previsions were not good for coming days so I flew) , so marginal I had to land her in emergency after a single circle to avoid loosing her in the sea. On landing downwind I broke nose (had survived to 3 months sloping) and a wing.

Repaired her, was very happy not to have reinforced wing tips (something must give, and avoid transferring all loads to wing fixation on fuselage), to have wings joined by velcro, and to have stuffed the location of the missing motor with foam.

Flew her today in marginal conditions -doubted a lot before throwing her-, but as always, a repaired glider flies much better than new, so she stood airborne for 70 minutes until wind died.

We have very hot temps, but surprisingly thermal winds are very weak (may be sea is too hot).

Cheers.

17. quorneng

quorneng Ace Pilot

I flew this yesterday as it was almost a flat calm, warm but overcast.
    18Sep17.JPG
    48" (1.2 m) span and very simple to set up. Charge the battery, go to the field and fly.
    Looks simple and it is to fly, but its magic ingredient is light weight, good aerodynamics and a big battery. For all practical purposes it can fly as long as you want!
    I intended to fly for 30 minutes just to refresh my 'stick time' so I took my watch as there is no timer on my 35 Meg gear.
    The watch showed 30 minutes from launch only to notice it had stopped!
    At the time it was about as high as I was comfortable with so a long glide down to a nice spot landing just a few feet away. All very relaxing.
    On returning to my car the actual flight was confirmed at close to an hour. No wonder my neck felt a bit stiff.
    Discharging its 2s battery to 'storage' level after the flight showed it had used just over 1000 mAh. Now if only that battery really had its claimed 6 Ah capacity. It doesn't but even with only 2 Ah the 'Endurance' can fly for a long time!

18. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

I suppose we are not afflicted by the not invented here syndrome, so I report what I saw.

Today a member of the club flew his FT Spitfire (standard build), finished and with a realistic livery painted.

He had already flown her half finished, with paper covering the upper parts of the fuse, and it flew very well, but now the plane looks superb, and flies marvellously, fast, silent, sure footed.

We all stopped our preparations, and looked at his fighter's aerobatics, for a warbird she looks very easy to fly.

She has no landing gear, avoiding the most difficult tasks for a small warbird, take off and landing.

Cheers.

19. Newt

Newt Administrator

Great day for some aerotowing[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

20. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

What a beautiful glider, the grass on the ground is something I only can dream to land on.
    Cheers.