The Italiën job.. A different approach in Quad designs

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by DutchRC, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Halloa guys :)

yes sir.. I've got me a couple of new quads in, and the concept of them is more interesting in itself then just these quads.. These are 4-inch quads, and that is obviously nothing new.. These aren't the powerhouses we've come to expect though, and I think it's good to at least Try this approach :)

An intro:

2. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Incredible timing Mr. Dutch ...

I was just looking at this very mini quad this morning thinking, " man what a performer".

Then I found a brushless brushless whoop to maybe put some fun into this winter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    DutchRC likes this.
  3. Ghehe THAT is very very small brushless quad :D

4. Yes.. that is all very nice offcourse, but does it actually fly well?? :)

5. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

... you had seriously upset the local bird nest. They didn't shut up until after you landed.

Floaty was the same impression i had watching the various videos of this in action. So ultimately it comes down to how do you like it to feel.. light and bouncy ...or a little more heft to carry it through.

The only bad spot I've heard you mention was the frame CF quality and feel.

Decent review Dutch .. I thank you.

DutchRC likes this.
  6. Thanks brother :)
    Yep.. compared to say a GepRC / Sky-Hero / Transtec frame they definately used a 'different' kind of CF ;)
    point of note though: impacts will be less severe with this quad as well..

Yep.. it definately flies differently :) I won't go as far as to say it's really Better offcourse.. Well maybe if you'd fly a very technical racing course..

LOL :) I'm sure I'll get some comments saying I'm disturbing the local wildlife :p

7. The 'famous' HQprops V1S's :) Lets do some testing :)

TomMonton likes this.
  8. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

No birds today ?

The biggest visual difference is the HQ's are made from a stiffer type of plastic blend.

They are stiffer but consequently the will also misshapen after a prop strike .... they are far less forgiving that way.

Having tried the before I prefered them as well.

DutchRC likes this.
  9. Yep.. this is true.. Multirotorparts didn't have them in other plastics (those Are available)..

ohw haha :D You missed the birs? There definately were some :)

10. Allright.. this video is not really about the 200GT's, but this IS why I got me 2 identical ones..

Q for you: before watching the video.. What do you think will be the outcome??

11. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I can hear your birds are back again.

Sounds like a killdeer ?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    DutchRC likes this.
  12. Ghehe yep! :) And good call man! yep! killdeer indeed :D (there is some water neer the field)

TomMonton likes this.