Thanks RCpowers!

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by theplumber717, Aug 26, 2014.

1. theplumber717

theplumber717 Ace Pilot

Wow!! flew my newly built f18v4 today, first time. I have never flown a easier flying, more stable plane! I'm hooked! cannot wait to build the others. Anyone reading this and do not have the v4 package, Get it, it's well worth it! I could not be happier! Thank you Rcpowers, and other's that have helped me on this forum.

Gary

2. TomMonton

TomMonton Top Gun

Dewd..... you're on your way now. :)

Like a bad rash the more i flew the more better i wanted to build.

Congrats.

theplumber717 and RobDavis like this.
  3. theplumber717

theplumber717 Ace Pilot

Fun! Fun! Fun! That's what this hobby is. Everything i dreamed about doing when i was i a kid, I finally got too, and now from this site/people, i have building plans/skills to make and experiment on my own and fly. It's pretty amazing, with the rite knowledge, tools and a couple part's, you can make something defy gravity like that. And then come back to you safely. It's great feeling, that it used to be 2 sheet's of flat lifeless foam, that now take's to the sky.

Airflow, DavePowers and ericma1 like this.
  4. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

I think that's the first time building has been compared to getting a rash! :p

So happy to hear about your successful flight plumber, where's your build pictures!?

5. theplumber717

theplumber717 Ace Pilot

Here you go

Attached Files:

6. fmt2bx

fmt2bx Ace Pilot

I couldn't agree more. I'm fairly new to RC but RCpowers got me hooked as well. What I find terrific is that my kids are into it as well. 8 and 10 years old but they love it. My boy has been watching the RCPOWERS videos and asked me if he could build the SU30 while I build the SU34.
    Of course, nothing else would make me happier.
    He is mesmerized by the fact that the sheet of foam turns into an airplane. What a fantastic way to spend time. A hobby which teaches so many new and interesting skills.
    Thank you guys!

ScottLott and DavePowers like this.
  7. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Hey Gary! So good to hear, thanks so much for letting us know.
    I got started in RC because I saw some old guy flying planes in our neighborhood.
    I dreamed as a little kid that I could some day do that too.
    Almost every time I take a foamie out I think back to "how hard" it use to be and how easy it is now.
    So glad you can join us! And your F-18 looks real good. Blue looks so right on that plane.

ScottLott and Airflow like this.
  8. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

That is the best, father and son. Constructive, positive, confidence building experiences with dad during the formative years. Its more than just foam huh. Tell your son that the Su-34 is alot faster so he better look out for dad in the air!

ScottLott and fmt2bx like this.
  9. Rustyfingers

Rustyfingers Ace Pilot

image.jpg
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for making the V4 pack so damn good! I have only built the the SU 30 to date but foam is on the way and the F18 plans are ready. Love the build techniques you have developed and the instructions leave no quesswork. Plus the forums and the fellas on them are so helpful. Great stuff! Ive got the Mig plans printed too - winters are long in CT!! Thanks a million.

10. DavePowers

DavePowers Administrator

Thanks alot Rusty! We put alot into the stuff outside the plane itself as well.
    Very glad its been helpful for you and got you in the air faster.