Su-30 V4 “Hovering Parkjet”

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by RCPowers, May 15, 2014.

1. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Hadn't flown anything on 4S for awhile, so figured it was time to really kick in the afterburners on this little speedster :)

Cheers,

Scott

Lgel, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  2. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I have had a lot of folks asking me about this plane through my You Tube channel over the last few months, so still lots of interest in this classic RC Powers park jet:)

I shot this video to discuss the mods I made, a couple build mistakes and to discuss the durability of a plane built primarily with Dollar Tree foam (Adams readi board) after nearly 300 flights.

#bringbacktheSu30V4

#keepingRCPowersalive

Cheers,

Scott

3. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

One of my projects for the coming months is to do a build video series on an intermediate type park jet as I get lots of questions about my builds through YouTube, my park jet blog, email and PMs here on this forum. I shot this video to discuss my current thought process. Not entirely just about the Su-30 V4, but I thought I would post this here for now, since that is the plane I will be building in the video series:)

As mentioned in the video, the topics I am asked about the most are

- Resizing plans;

- Why and how I do some of the mods I do;

- Building with Dollar Tree foam (Adams readiboard);

- Adapting prop in slot park jets to make the most of lightweight quad motors;

- Setting up the controls in the FlySky FS-i6 transmitter;

- Finishing/painting; and

- Maiden flights and dialing in process.

I hope to demonstrate the best I can how I do all these through this multi part build video series that will start at a later date.

Of course there are many ways to do all of these, I am certainly no expert, but wanted to share what I have learned to pay back/pay forward to this hobby that gives me so much enjoyment.

It will be a month or two probably before I start the process, so if you have any input, please comment here, send me a PM, leave a comment on the You Tube video, etc. If you watch the video on YouTube, there are numerous links to many of the topics I discuss in the video:)

#keepingRCPowersalive

Cheers,

Scott