Speedbuilt Profile Series - For All Range Scratchbuilders That Would Like To Support Poor Kids

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Feb 8, 2016.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Profile planes were giving me a "no-go" since the very beginning I learned to construct and fly RC planes, about 1.5 year ago. However, this changed once I helped the poor kids to design a racing plane, which the order was given by a group of college students who entered annual national RC plane competition, last September 2015. It was a huge satisfaction, seeing those kids learning to cut depron sheets, constructing them and installing electronics. I started this with 3 of my friends, ended up my self, being alone, guiding those kids as my friends decided to bail out because it's not just time consuming, but it took us to fund the activities from our own pocket. May be for some people, it burdens their personal expenses.

In the end, seeing some of those kids starting to master the skill and knowledge, it really makes me smile from ear to ear.

Then, bogusbandit56 (BB56) gave an idea to open up the chance for any scratchbuilders to participate in donating some small amount of money in order to fund the activities. However, it's not the money we chase down as we all know that we would not collect millions of dollars through this fund raising for those kids. It's the attention given by people who donate their money. We hope, that with this genuine attention, it could be an active motivation for those kids and their families to keep on learning and giving their efforts to survive this tough life, opening up their mindset of struggling and surviving, and of course fighting for their dreams. Won't be easy though, but efforts will pay by itself in the end.

Dave and Shannon, were also giving his enormous support to the activities as well. We couldn't thank them and RCPowers enough for that. Also our special friends from NAMC (North American Mig Consortium). Thank you so much for your support guys. And our appreciation goes to some members here (Fz1Fazer, Splashballz, Slingshot, Wildthing, Boxermad84, F1wanabe, TomMonton, Gibby1117), and some more that we couldn't write down here as the list is gonna be long.

So, enough background story. Finally BB56 and I, decided to start working on some popular jetfighters and I must admit, some of them were the planes of our dreams, and have some profile parkjets. Profile I said? Yes. But earlier, I wrote that I don't like profile parkjet. The main reason is, to have some designs that could be constructed in a very short time, so those kids and their families could build as much as they could with less efforts, so they could sell it to make their own living. It was also influenced by a situation I encountered, which you could read the story, HERE. So, we name it SPEEDBUILT SERIES.

Generally, any plane from Speedbuilt series, could be constructed in a matter of few hours if not minutes. The very first Speedbuilt plane was F-18 which I constructed them in just 2.5 hours in the evening, right after my dinner with my family.

So, at this stage, Speedbuilt series consist of major jetfighters we all know:
    1. F-15 Strike Eagle
    2. F-18 Super Hornet
    3. F-16 Fighting Falcon
    4. F-16 XL Experimental Falcon
    5. F-22 Lightning II
    6. Yakovlev Yak-130
    7. DH-110 Sea Vixen
    8. Saab Draken (under revision)
    9. Sukhoi S-54

The list will grow for sure. :)

Few good things about these Speedbuilt planes are:
    #1 - They are small enough to store in not a spacious room. You could have a stack pile of them :)
    #2 - Since they are small, you could put some in your car trunk and fly some planes in the same day
    #3 - They are very easy to construct as they consist of less panels
    #4 - They fly very stable and tracked well
    #5 - Some designs fly nicely against strong wind
    #6 - They are fun to fly! :)

Here are some compilation videos on the Speedbuilt planes we had a while ago.

So, we would start the official discussion and build thread here. And furthermore, this thread will be shown to those poor kids and families, to keep on motivating them that some one out there are building the same plane as they are. :)

Share some pics and words here guys. Let's give some motivation burst to those kids and their families. :)

There are more and to come, information and downloads of the Speedbuilt Series at THIS PAGE. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

This is great thing you are doing for the poor folks. I know you enjoy doing it but it does take a lot of your free time and energy:)
    My best wishes to the A2R kids and staff,
    Ian.

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hey, it's your "thing" too BB56 :)

I will surely extend your best wishes to A2R kids. ;)

Sent from my LG-F320K using Tapatalk

4. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

Love your work, Bimo and Ian! You are the epitomy of altruism. Now to come up with a name for your partnership... :)

5. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Yes, it is but my contribution is very small. As soon as the weather gets better I will try to do some flight videos that the kids will enjoy. I will have to get Paul out and do some combat flying with the Speed builts, every body likes a good crash:)

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Thank you very much for your kind words and it`s great to see more of you on the forum.
    I hope you have great fun flying this year, Ben.
    I think Bimo came up with the name this evening Scratchbuiltkazaam.

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Splashballz. Thank you so much for your kindest words. We are still far from being good example for other people. At least, we try to.

Partnership? :D I think it's more like togetherness than partnership. Everyone is warmly welcome to join. And some of those kids starting to know some popular names here in this forum such as Ian, Scott, Jeff, Ben, Ric, Andreas, Dave NAMC, Stephan, Dave, Jay, Greg, Dan, etc. :D

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  8. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

"Scratchbuiltkazam!" seems to be the magic word to bring joy and laughter in scratchbuilding :) What do you think, guys?

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Never underestimate yourself BB56. Your contribution is way beyond what you can think. The fact is, this may never happen this far without you support :) and those kids appreciate it so much, showed in some of their conversations.

So, you have been giving a lot already, BB56 :)

Good crash? Ooohhhh....I love to see some I only had 1 video of my good crash when the T-50 Mk1 slammin' the ground as it ran out of the battery all of a sudden while went diving. :D

10. I think what you two are doing is awesome, to much in this world is driven by greed not care.

Speedbuiltkazam , just throwing it out there.

Lgel and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks again Wildthing for the kindest words. Your continuing support is highly appreciated :)

Some kids were asking what car you were driving during the race events.

Wildthing likes this.
  12. All the race car pictures that I sent to you and there are more but I drove all of them.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Cool Wildthing. Thanks. Were it Ford, Chevy and Chrysler? I still remember Pontiac was quite famous in such race events in US.

Wildthing likes this.
  14. Here's one on U tube, I am outside pole, inside car takes me into the wall, 1st lap.

This was an Arca race, placed third. car #5 , black with teeth and flames.,

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  15. Most of mine were always Chev, did have a couple Dodge power plants, great horse power but blew them up.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Awesome Wildthing! Thanks! Those kids would love to watch the videos of their "Uncle Jeff" or should I say "King Jeff" in action. :)

I will share it with them once I meet them this weekend. :)

I love hearing the engines roaring. Used to play with my 4.0 liter Cherokee, with high deck Super Swampers and everything else doing off roads with my friends. :)

Wildthing likes this.
  17. Well over the course of years I have drag raced, raced dirt bikes and even 3 wheelers. Anything with an engine in it I would drive.

Flybyknight22 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  18. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

When can we buy the plans for the YAK-130?

bogusbandit56 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  19. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thank you so much for your kind support, sirskyhi. Well, it's not for sale actually but it's available for a very small amount of donation to support the learning activities.

Most plan will hopefully available this week. Including Yak-130 :) Stay tuned my friend.

bogusbandit56 and Wildthing like this.
  20. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Thanks, I look forward to the donation :)