Replace ink jet cartridge`s or buy a new cheap printer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by bogusbandit56, Jun 6, 2018.

1. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

You might want to give the Epson EP-2550 a look Ian. I discovered this after realizing the diminishing returns on those crappy little expensive as heck cartridges. It uses individual bottles of ink, not sure the capacity but I've had mine for at least 6 months and have only used about 1/4 of each bottle. And that's printing a lot of plans and decals and manuals and such. Best thing is it came with completely filled bottles. They claimed the ink would last about 2 years which in my experience is probably going to be true. Plus you get the benefit of color printing if that means anything to you (printing color decals for our model planes). Check it out. Here's a link to it on Amazon. $219.00 US dollars.

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Thanks Flyte but that`s a bit to tasty for my pocket:D If I had another use for a printer apart from plane plans I would consider it.:)

FlyteTime, Wildthing and Lgel like this.
  3. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

I have an older version of something like this.
    I am speaking of something under 100 €.

Cheers.

trying2fly likes this.
  4. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

Although laser jets are neat....best to consider application. Even though the cost of ink in ink jet printers is exorbitant it is still more practical to purchase than lasers if you do not have additional work loads(professional/commercial). For hobby/home use it is hard to beat the HP Envy 4520, It cost 49.00 at Office Max and the ink lasts just about as long as any of the ink jet printers. chas

5. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

So true and funny.
    Cheers.

Wildthing and Sterling101 like this.
  6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

That is EXACTLY the problem:mad:
    Even when you replace one ink another low ink pops up to stop the printer from working.
    For what use my printer is , I might as well have just plugged an empty box into the computer , it would have done as much and cost less.

Lgel and Wildthing like this.
  7. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Compatible toner cartridges cost around 8€ each for 2100 print pages for my Laserjet, I use one a year.

Cheers.

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.