Quad racing motors in single motor "prop in slot" Park Jets

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by e3_Scott, May 24, 2018.

1. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I am certainly not the first person to experiment with quad racing motors in park jets, so I take no credit for leading that charge, I know other folks have used them in various different planes and configurations with great success long before I started experimenting :)

However, over the last year experimenting with several different motors, props, ESCs in single motor, "prop in slot" configuration I have learned several basic things that might be useful if you are considering experimenting. I thought I would start a new thread set aside from the Park Jet motor bench testing thread where I have posted a lot of the test info already so that the quad motor info will be easier to find https://rcpowers.com/community/threads/parkjet-motor-bench-testing.15685/

I have had a lot of fun experimenting with many motors, have had some really pleasant surprises that performed far beyond expectations, but also some disappointments that did not live up to the hype, so I wanted to pass along some lessons learned to help you make better choices if you want to experiment. Now that I think I have purchased all the quad motors I can afford for awhile, I will also be doing some review videos in the near future of my top picks (without worrying about cost), the "middle of the pack" bunch in cost and performance and one motor that I think is a real bargain and still provides very good performance for the money:)

Some of the advantages using a quad racing motor over some of the standard 2212 2200 kv size motors that I have learned over the past year (discussing mostly 3S performance here).

- quad racing motors tend to be much lighter, saving anywhere from 15-25 grams just in motor weight alone;
    - paired with the right prop and ESC, they can produce equal to or often far more power than the standard 2212 2200 kv motors, so very high thrust to motor weight ratios;
    - with so much time and effort being put into the development of lighter, more powerful quad racing motors all the time, the performance is increasing in leaps and bounds whereas the 2212 2200 kv motors other than perhaps becoming cheaper, have not changed much in the last several years from a standpoint of weight and power output;
    - although quad motors are often more expensive, because there are so many different companies making them, the competition is fierce and you can often find them for a very reasonable price. For example, I have only paid full price on about 25% of the motors I have purchased in the last year, the rest were all picked up on sale (although one could say I might have gone broke saving money ;));
    - as well, if you find a motor you really like, they are often sold in bunches of four at a more reasonable price;
    - many quad motors are designed to be run on 3-5S, so a wide choice of battery options; and
    -since many folks on this forum are already involved with quads, perhaps you already have a quad motor you could experiment with in a park jet.

However, I have also found some things that a person needs to keep in mind if they want to put a single motor quad setup in a "prop in slot" park jet. I'm discussing mostly 3S use here again and standard 6" props that I have used with other park jet style motors. I have done very little experimenting with props less than 6" or in 3 or more blade configurations in a park jet, so unfortunately I can't be of help there.

- due to their smaller physical size, they often might not have the torque of a 2212 2200 kv motor. Even though the test bench numbers might show incredible performance, sometimes because they are about half the physical size of a 2212 size motor, they just don't have the "muscle" to push a larger, "draggier" plane around or deal with windier conditions. Therefore airplane size and weight becomes very critical. I have found that planes with about 27" wingspan or less and under about 21 oz AUW work the best, as always, the lighter the better;
    - when you build your "prop in slot" plane, you do need to adjust the front of the prop slot quite a bit to compensate for the much shorter "bell/can", otherwise the prop will run far too close to the leading edge of the prop slot causing a lot of noise and causing the prop to run much less effectively/efficiently;
    20180524_152417.jpg
    - with a couple of exceptions, I have found that motors with a stator size of 2306 or better (2406, 2307, 2207, 2208 for example) and greater than 2600 kv seem to give the best power when looking for equal or better power than produced by the 2212 2200 kv motor setups;
    - as already mentioned, they are often considerably more expensive than 2212 2200 kv motors which can often be found on Ebay for $5 USD, but there are some fairly reasonable options available that are pretty peppy and much lighter than a 2212 2200 kv motor setup;
    - they are considerably more "amp hungry" than the 2212 2200 kv motor, normally requiring a 40A ESC on 3S whereas you can often run the 2212 2200 kv motor with a 30A ESC.

So of course these lists are not exhaustive, I'm sure there are more advantages and disadvantages, I just thought I would pass on some of my main lessons learned if you were looking to experiment. I will continue to pass along my specific lessons learned about using single quad motors in a prop in slot park jet as I go along, the learning curve continues to be steep:)

I have created this "table talk" review play list on my YouTube channel which I will continue to add to as I evaluate the long term performance of some of the better quad racing motors I have tested (i.e. those that might be worth spending your money on :)).

Here is the playlist that covers the field testing, it starts with newest video added first, so you will find most of quad motor test videos along with videos comparing some ESCs and props I have experimented with to maximize the performance of my quad racing motors in my park jets towards the beginning of the list, with some much older field test videos towards the end :).

Also, here is the link to my motor test spreadsheet where I have the test info on quad motors I have used in my planes. A couple I have tested that didn't even make it to the spreadsheet, but more on those later in this thread ;). I have also posted numbers for the 2212/6 2200 and 2212/5T 2700 motors as I know those are still very popular so you can compare things like cost, performance, etc to help you make your decision. Whenever I add anything new to the spreadsheet, I change the date at the top so you will know how current the info is. Each motor has it's own tab along the bottom to help you navigate to what you might want to find. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLR_wdkJ1OdGcf5f9jxxxU8qqmz_kXjMQH8NOLjW3NQ/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Flybyknight22, Lgel, XDmToter and 6 others like this.
  2. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Here are some of the best resources I found in my journey learning about quad motors (I also learned a lot more about brushless motors in general) to help me make some better choices after fumbling around on my own for a few months ;)

rcplanepirate's YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/rcplanepirate/videos RCPP has been extremely helpful in finding good choices for motors/props/ESCs to find the most powerful and efficient motors to use in my park jets. His channel has all kinds of testing of many different motors including quad motors/general purpose outrunners and some inrunners/EDFs, etc and he pushes his motors to the max with a multitude of different props and batteries.

EngineerX's YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/EngineerX/videos EngineerX tests primarily quad motors, lots of companies and even viewers send him motors to test. He pulls the motors apart and has very detailed looks inside them, discussing what is going on with the magnets, stator, air gaps, lots of little details that affect a motor's performance I have learned. I found the GepRC motor by watching his channel. His testing is mostly with quad style props, although he often tests with 6x4 props on 3S and his gear can evaluate the actual kv of a motor (give or take about 50 kv) which is helpful as often what is stamped on the motor can be quite higher than what the motor actually provides. His charts are easy to read and he reviews them at the end of each video.

Ryan Harrell runs a website called Mini Quad Test Bench and does very detailed testing on many motors, again many sent to him by manufacturers and vendors https://www.miniquadtestbench.com/ I do admit I find his charts to be difficult to interpret, but he also does very good synopsis of motors that he has tested if you search around a bit and also provides information on the actual kv of motors he has tested. He is widely known as the motor expert among many of the leading quad racing and freestyle folks on YouTube.

The web and YouTube is full of all kinds of information on quad motor reviews and it can get seriously overwhelming, but I have found these three sources to be the most helpful to me:)

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Lgel, bogusbandit56 and Wildthing like this.
  3. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Just posted a response on another post asking about smaller versions of the parkjets (80 percent)...using the newer quad motors and 3, 4, or even 5 blade props would take advantage of the smaller prop and still provide sufficient power...allowing the use of 1300mah 3s packs versus the heavier 1800s and 2200s...or 1300 4s packs with those motors for those that want to burn the skies up.

Flybyknight22, XDmToter and Wildthing like this.
  4. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

More field testing today, using the Racerstar BR2406S 2600 kv motor testing on 3 and 4S with the King King/LDARC 6040 prop:).

Motor link https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...s=detail-left-hotproducts__1&cur_warehouse=CN

Prop link https://www.banggood.com/10-Pairs-K...-p-988179.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Here is a picture of the KK prop compared to the Gemfan 6045 CN prop which I think is a bit better choice for this motor on 3S.
    20180525_093422.jpg
    You can see the Gemfan prop is longer, I think about 3/16" longer, although the blade shape is similar, the GF prop is very stiff.

The flight video of this prop on 3S and 4S.

The more I watch the video, I need to test it again on 4S with the 6x3 EMP prop to validate whether it is actually faster, perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me:(. There isn't a huge jump in speed on 4S like I have seen with other motors, but it still pretty speedy in a light plane like this one and I wanted to do some 4S testing as "proof of concept" with this motor.

As I mentioned a few times in the video, although not the absolute cheapest and not the most powerful, it is middle of the pack and very versatile depending on what you want to do. I have pushed this motor pretty hard for the last several months in bench and field testing with several props and now on 4S and it just keeps running strong. Because of it's fairly unique size of 2406, it actually generates quite a bit of torque compared to some of the more powerful, more expensive and higher kv motors and the 2600 kv allows for a pretty wide range of props depending on whether you want good efficiency, speed or a good combination of both.

It works really well with the Turnigy AE-45A ESC https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ae-45a-brushless-esc.html which is pretty reasonably priced and also very versatile with a wide range of settings that can be changed to optimize the performance of any motor you might have.

As I get a bit more testing done with it on 4S, I will shoot another review video of why I think this is a good budget choice if you want to experiment with a quad racing motor in a single motor "prop in slot" park jet.

Cheers,

Scott

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Good thread, Scott! Like you say, these motors have gotten to the point where they are a great lightweight alternative to the 400 size motor like mjv3. Our Mig twin prop benefits from two quad motors that together weigh less than most 400 size motors but really punch a wallop when used together. But for me the main benefit to using two of these types of quad motors is the ability to use counter rotating props which remove torque roll and therefore increase stability without more weight often giving more than a 2:1 thrust to weight. Their light weigh and smaller prop sizes makes them ideal for use on elevons like on our mig, but I also I love seeing what guys like Lars have done (Airflow) with these small motors putting them just in front of or even within vertical stabilizers due to their light weight and small size. This really adds to the maneuverability as his flights show.

Flybyknight22, Lgel and Wildthing like this.
  6. XDmToter

XDmToter Ace Pilot

My friend and I have a series of Combat Jets that might be just what you are looking for.
    Some of them are designed around the 2208 1600kv motor and a 7" prop while others are designed around the 2208 2600kv motor and a 5" prop. Most are in the range of about a 22" wingspan.
    They would be a good fit for some of these Quad motors that Scott has been reviewing.

You can check them out over on RCGroups.
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1741827-SEMFF-Combat-Jets-with-plans-and-video

My favorite is my F-15

[​IMG]

Flybyknight22, Lgel, FED50H and 2 others like this.
  7. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

There are other consideration to be taken into account of running multi blade high speed props.
    Apart from the drop off in efficiency there is also the noise problem these setups can create.
    With some flying sites very close to built up areas and residential housing, the bagpipe howling of high speed prop in slots are not always appreciated.
    Most clubs in the UK have a Db meter and if your plane is deemed to noisy you are not allowed to fly it.
    The single blade prop is the most efficient, but precision made single blade props are extremely rare and efficiency does not equate to speed.
    Then there is the "modified exhaust moped syndrome" where the rider thinks he is going faster because his moped is making more noise.:D
    There certainly is a lot of differing opinions as to what the best set ups are and I suppose the best is what suits your needs and budget:)
    Personally I wouldn`t spend a lot of money to make a park jet go faster because of the drag and inefficiency of the prop in slot.
    For me to get the best out of the then standard PJ set up 2826 2200kva motor and 6x4 prop of two years ago was the depron flying wing with pusher configuration.
    I know these are not to everyone`s liking but for cheap speed and ability in windy conditions they kick butt.:)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Lgel, F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  8. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Shot a little video with the Racerstar BR2406S 2600 Kv motor on 4S this time using the 6x3 EMP prop.

I have watched this video and the video of the same setup except with the King Kong 6040 prop (post #4 above) and without actual on board speed data, I can't really tell the difference in speed. If I was to give my impression, perhaps it does wind out to a bit faster top speed with the KK 6040 prop (not by much), but acceleration and achieving top speed is better with the 6x3 prop perhaps giving the impression it is as fast. Either way, fairly decent speed from a 2600 kv motor on 4S for a budget price.

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  9. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I know this is not a quad motor, but the HobbyWing Platinum PRO 40A ESC has been instrumental to me pushing the maximum amount of power out of the high end quad racing motors I have been testing compared to the Turnigy Plush ESCs that I have been using for many years. Link to the ESC https://www.banggood.com/HobbyWing-...html?rmmds=myorder&stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN

Updated review video after pushing this ESC to it's limits testing on 4S.

My original review video

A blog post I wrote when I first received this ESC http://scottsparkjetblog.blogspot.com/2018/02/hobbywing-platinum-40a-pro-brushless.html Through considerable testing, I have found that 26.25 degrees timing and 8 KHz on the PWM frequency (both of which are custom settings, not factory default) have worked the best for high performance, high kv motors.

As I said several times in both videos, I know $40 USD is a lot to spend for an ESC, but they have been on sale now and then as you can read about in the blog post. The fact that this ESC performs to or even exceeds its specifications helps soften that price for me a bit (I did get mine on sale;)) considering the number of motors/ESCs/batteries I have tried over the years that never lived up to their specifications.

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing likes this.
  10. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

After over a year of testing about 14 different quad racing motors at the field, accumulating 1000+ flights using quad racing motors in single motor "prop in slot" park jets, here are my recommendations in three different categories. I know this seems like a lot of motors, but it is a very small collection compared to what is available on the market if one looks around. My recommendations are not based solely on the bench test results, but from many flights at the field and how the different motors/props/ESCs work together for best performance. Of course my personal preferences do come into play to suit my flying style, choice of planes and flying environment, yours may differ. You can navigate through my motor test spreadsheet, perhaps there might be something else that suits your budget, flying style and preference.
    :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLR_wdkJ1OdGcf5f9jxxxU8qqmz_kXjMQH8NOLjW3NQ/edit?usp=sharing

Best value

Middle of the pack, decent price, very good performance (plus a couple of duds that I would personally avoid ;))

The top 5 regardless of price, efficiency, just the best for speed, torque and overall performance.

If you watch the videos on YouTube, you will find links to a lot of supporting information I used in my testing or wrote about during the process :)

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    XDmToter and Wildthing like this.
  11. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I had my test rig busy today getting some testing done with a couple motors using the King Kong/LDARC 6040 prop which I field tested in post #4 above but had not gathered any bench test data til now. Link to the prop https://www.banggood.com/10-Pairs-K...50-RC-Multirotors-p-988179.html?rmmds=myorder I will cover the highlights below, but you can also read the full test numbers on the motor test spreadsheet for the two motors I tested, the Racerstar BR2406 2600 and the GepRC GR2306 2750 here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLR_wdkJ1OdGcf5f9jxxxU8qqmz_kXjMQH8NOLjW3NQ/edit?usp=sharing

For the Racerstar motor, I used the Turnigy AE-45A ESC with custom settings of 22.5 degrees timing and 24 KHz on the PWM frequency for both 3S and 4S testing. I saw some very good results for what is essentially a $0.25 USD prop:)

On 3S, thurst performance is about the same as what I saw with the Gemfan 6045 Carbon nylon prop, about 10 gr less thrust with the KK prop at mid and full throttle, but quite a bit more efficient drawing about 3.4A less at full throttle.

On 4S, the numbers are almost identical to what I saw testing the 6x3 EMP prop, perhaps this is why I really couldn't tell the difference in speed at the field, although my eyes aren't what they once were.;) Here are the 4S numbers for the Racerstar motor with the KK 6040 prop.

50% throttle - 17.3A/284.6W producing 800 gr/28.2 oz of thrust;

100% throttle - 43.6A/660.4W producing 1460 gr/51.5 oz of thrust

Again, not bad for such an inexpensive prop on a value priced motor:)

For the GepRC motor, I tested the KK 6040 prop on 3S using the Turnigy AE-45A ESC again with the same settings listed above as that is the ESC I would use on 3S most of the time in most of my planes.

50% throttle - 19A/228.9W producing 695 gr/24.5 oz of thrust;

100% throttle - 39.9A/449.9W producing 1210 gr/42.7 of thrust.

So these numbers are not as good as the numbers produced with the 6x3 EMP prop on 3S, but are better than the numbers with the 6x4 APC gas prop which is about 10 times the price of the KK 6040 prop (for me anyway). It is also more efficient producing this power than either the 6x3 EMP or 6x4 APC gas props.

For the 4S testing, I used the HobbyWing Platinum PRO 40A ESC with custom settings of 26.25 degrees timing and 8 KHz PWM frequency. Here are the numbers with the KK 6040 prop.

50% throttle - 26.1A/420.8W producing 1030 gr/36.3 oz of thrust;

100% throttle - 57.1A/850.4W producing 1780 gr/62.8 oz of thrust.

So this is interesting as the numbers are very close to the 6x3 EMP and also with less amp draw on 4S. What is interesting is that when I hammered the throttle to full, the thrust jumped to about 1830 gr on the test stand for just over a second before settling at 1780 gr (I like to hold the throttle in position for about 5 seconds to get a more valid reading). I had not seen a number that high with the 6x3 EMP bench testing :).

So now that I have my speed test bed Su30 built again, I will continue with the GepRC motor/HobbyWing 40A ESC and 6x3 EMP prop on 4S to see if I can break 100 mph with that setup and then try the KK 6040 prop to see what the results are in the air since I will be using my GPS data logger on the 4S setups to see what sort of top speeds I am getting:)

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing likes this.
  12. I can't keep up Scott. ;)

Lgel and e3_Scott like this.
  13. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

More field testing with the GepRC 2306 2750 kv motor and the King Kong 6040 prop on 3 and 4S as discussed in post #11 above.

3S

4S

Here is a picture comparing the three props I was discussing in the videos.
    2018-06-15 05.54.16.jpg
    There is certainly a difference in the blade shape between the three props as you can see. With the GepRC motor, I was very pleasantly surprised with the field performance of this inexpensive prop on 3S, probably a bit better than the 6x4 APC gas, about equal in top end performance to the 6x3 EMP, but the KK 6040 had slightly better mid range power than both the others. From a noise standpoint, it is about equal to the 6x4 APC gas, and much quieter than the 6x3 EMP on 3S.

If I was doing a lot of 4S flying with this motor, I would be hesitant to use the KK 6040 prop as although the bench numbers indicated a lower amp draw than the 6x3 EMP, the motor was certainly running much hotter. I might squeeze a couple of back to back 4S flights before I would have to let the plane sit for a bit til the motor cooled off as it was getting pretty "toasty".

I hope to get some bench and field testing done with a 2212 2200 kv size motor and the KK 6040 prop to see if that is a good setup since these props are quite inexpensive. More testing to come soon:)

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing and bogusbandit56 like this.
  14. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Hey Scott,

I think you are on to something with these Racestar motors.

My Son and I have about ten of these in different sizes that we use on our racing quads.

We have been using the BR2205s, BR2206s, BR2500, BR2600s etc

These motors a very strong and take a beating.

We race them very very hard on 4S and we have yet to burn up a single motor,... yet.

We mostly use 3-Blade 5” Dal props.

We buy them mostly on eBay.

We pay roughly $40 U.S. for four motors at the lower end and about $15 per motor at the upper end.

So far these racestars have been outstanding motors for us.

e3_Scott and homey666 like this.
  15. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Thanks for the feedback, FBK.

I tested two Racerstar motors over the last year in the single motor/prop in slot setups. The Racerstar BR2306S 2700 kv https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...p-1149532.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN and the BR2406 2600 kv https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...s=detail-left-hotproducts__1&cur_warehouse=CN. I was pleased with the performance of both of them considering the price.

The BR2306 2700 is the least expensive of the quad racing motors that I tested and in a park jet of 19 oz/538 gr or less on calm days, it performed quite well, however I found it lacked mid range torque so on a beefier/"draggier" plane in any kind of wind, it really struggled to muscle it's way through and didn't have the punch one might need to get out of trouble.

Although the BR2406 2600 is a bit more expensive, I found it to be far more versatile with respect to what plane I could use it in, conditions I could fly in and what props I could use. It certainly has the capacity to handle more amps than the 2306 2700, so overall I found it to be my choice for a good "budget" setup.

Cheers,

Scott

Flybyknight22 likes this.
  16. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

A couple of battery review videos I shot recently discussing some batteries I have experimented with as I have been testing numerous quad motors, ESCs, props for more than a year:)

Neither battery is very cheap, but thus far they have performed to specs and noticeably better than some of the other batteries I have used over the years, so I would say thus far I am getting my money's worth and hopefully with proper care by me, they will last a long time :)

Review (kind of a mid term review) of the Gens Ace 2200 3S 45C battery. I purchased mine from a Canadian vendor http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?products_id=9347&osCsid=52888ddbe25c97cfe50a7e8bb1c7dd7d

Initial review of the Tattu R-Line 1550 4S 75C battery, again purchased from a Canadian vendor http://www.snhobbies.com/product_in...=9278&osCsid=52888ddbe25c97cfe50a7e8bb1c7dd7d

I will continue to update my videos as I put more and more flights through these batteries to get an idea of their performance and durability as the flights/cycles build up.

Cheers,

Scott

17. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

I had this little steed out for a good rip today :)
    2018-06-22 09.38.32.jpg
    Today I did a field comparison between the King Kong 6040 https://www.banggood.com/10-Pairs-K...50-RC-Multirotors-p-988179.html?rmmds=myorder and 6x4 APC gas props https://www.amainhobbies.com/apc-6x4-gas-sport-propeller-apc06040/p36472 on the GepRC GR2306 2750 kv motor https://www.banggood.com/Geprc-GR23...p-1240972.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

As mentioned in the video below, I have run these props on this motor in the past, but never in the same plane during the same flying session, so I wanted to do a back to back comparison to see what the difference in the air. I think without a doubt for what I am looking for that the 6x4 APC gas is the better of the two with better acceleration and crisper power between 60-100% throttle and into full throttle vertical climbout.

However, for about 1/10 the price, the King King 6040 prop delivers about 85-90% of the performance of the 6x4 APC gas prop. In a plane where torque roll might be a bit of a problem, the acceleration is a bit softer when hammering the throttle, making torque roll a bit more manageable and if you needed counter rotating props for a twin setup of any kind, the KK props are sold as 10 pairs of each rotation.

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing likes this.
  18. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

A couple of quick product updates on goodies I have been have a lot of success with during my testing and conversion to quad racing motors in my park jets:)

Unfortunately, after it being "out of stock" for about two months, Hobby King has now discontinued the Turnigy AE-45A ESC :(
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ae-45a-brushless-esc.html I have not read or heard if they are simply updating the product or coming out with a new similar line, but it is too bad as I found this ESC to be reasonably priced, lots of ability to be fine tuned and it's performance has been instrumental to me squeezing more power out of many of the quad motors I have tested.

I also noticed that Banggood is offering the GepRC GR2306 2750 kv motor for 19% off normal price, as I write this, they are on sale until July 3rd, 2018 for $18.90 USD as opposed to the regular price of $23.29. These are my favorite motors of all I tested :) https://www.banggood.com/Geprc-GR23...html?rmmds=myorder&ID=528524&cur_warehouse=CN

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing likes this.
  19. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

Just finished up a video review of the SunnySky Edge R2305 2800 kv motor now that I have run over 100 flights on one of the motors I picked up to test in my park jets.:)

Links to the two places I picked up this motor.

AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sun...027.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.67ce4c4dr5XY1c

Banggood - https://www.banggood.com/SunnySky-E...-p-1193563.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Link to the motor test spreadsheet, you will find links to the props and ESCs there if you are interested. As mentioned in the video, unfortunately the Turnigy AE-45A ESC is now showing up as a discontinued product on the Hobby King website :( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLR_wdkJ1OdGcf5f9jxxxU8qqmz_kXjMQH8NOLjW3NQ/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Scott

20. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Hi Everyone -

My mid term review of the GepRC GR2306 2750 kv motor which is my favorite of all the quad motors I tested for park jets.

Cheers,

Scott

Wildthing likes this.