Parkflyers International F/A-18 Super Hornet G1R: A New Experience, A New Frontier

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 17, 2017.

1. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Did it print at A4 or letter,In U.S we print at letter size so on the layout of page size it should say something like 8 1/2 by 11.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  2. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

thx ,I shall investigate,its not my printer so I'm not familiar with it yet

3. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I think it is the paper size, here in the uk it is only 11 5/8x1/4 (297x210) so not really compatable,ive taken it to the largest setting without loosing the + markers but even then its still only 24 1/2 inches I would prefer it the other way nearer to 30inch my fav size,shall have to weight till ive got some time off and go to the printers.

bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

lol

Hey, have no worries. Eventhough you didn't get the jackpot, there's a prize waiting for you when it's the time. Patience is virtue

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

FlyteTime likes this.
  5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Andy try useing the full page version and in the printing page choose posterize and set at 100%,it should tell you how many pages you will have and should be ok.

FlyteTime and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Andy

1. What's your printer?
    2. What software you use to open and print the pdf?
    3. When it's telling you it's larger than the paper size, is there any "proceed" button to execute?
    4. Any "borderless" print option?

Phew, .... I just bombardier you with questions don't I?

Google+

FlyteTime and jimbosflyin like this.
  7. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

You forgot to ask him for his social security # and bank account #.Maybe where his great great grandma was born.:rolleyes::cool:

bimoadiprakoso and FlyteTime like this.
  8. When you do the poster setup make sure to also turn on the "tabs" and I like the labels also so the pages are numbered. Actually when I do the poster print I use the untiled file also.

9. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Hi Andy,
    I am sorry to hear of your recent troubles and loss.

i had problems with printing from bimo`s letter size.
    Use the A0 plan and go to your printer and set it for poster and 100% and cut marks it will show how the plans will be printed.
    It should look something like this. IMG_20171230_011817868.jpg

10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

PI's next gen (G3) airframe is finished. We didn't think it would be this good looking. Just as sirskyhi mentioned earlier when he built the F/A-18, I personally couldn't believe it was constructed from 2 pieces of flat depron sheet.

When I was swinging it in the air, I could feel much bigger lift on this one compares to the F/A-18 G1R. If this one flies well, I think I'm gonna put some of my planes on sale This, so far, has the best looking scale lines of score and fold PI parkjet designs. Oh yes, I think it will fly much much faster than the SU-35 G2 on standard setup I wonder about the Typhoon with airfoil and pusher.

Our best achivement, probably. YOU DECIDE! [​IMG][​IMG]

Google+

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    apklug, FlyteTime, homey666 and 3 others like this.
  11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

the SU ive been waiting for just sheer beauty,you have to look twice to see its [email protected] and not store bought,if it flys as good as looks then non of my other planes will get a look in.

12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

knowing nothing about techy things ive stunned my self,ive managed to down load new softwhere to sort my printing,i now retiled the plan to my fav size of 30 inch (actually 30.5) I forgot to check the scale.it uses an extra 8 pages so more sticking together but now happy and looking forward to cutting,well that's if I can get the SU out of my mind.Happy New year (of building) to one and all.

13. And if you check off "labels" all the pages will have what row and page number on them.

14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

getting ahead of my self but I need a scheme,theres these but would take a lot of patience. thY8B0V9DS.jpg thCW2021UY.jpg

15. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

they say love don't always run smoothly and the love of this one is deffo one of them,although I thought I had sorted my printing everything looked good but on sticking sheets together it was (plane) to see bits were missing,the new software prints with a unremovable margin all round the sheets cutting the edges off,so ive spent the morning pinning the sheets to aboard running tape over the joints and drawing in the missing bits.everything seems to lign up,well with in a mm or two over large areas,i shall do my usual thing and make card templates so hopefully foam cutting tomorrow.it must be love.

16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Andy,Mine printed it out the same way with the ends of the lines running beyond the margin,it should be OK,my F-18's went together spot on.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  17. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

its like a drug I couldn't wait any longer I had to cut some foam.or was it being fed up sticking and making templates,its the only DSCF1427.JPG piece so far but looking good,its turned out bigger than I wanted the final span being 30 3/4 rather than 30 but not enough to worry about as I will be running 4s

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Awesome Andy Looking good.

I think I'm deeply addicted with this as well. This drug has been making me getting lack of sleep the last 5 days. Every evening I feel that I have to continue the SU-30SM. I just finished put spackles on it. I have to do it every evening as I don't wanna take my time away from my daughter when she's not sleeping

Google+

homey666, FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.
  19. You will be fine even on 3S, that is depending what motor you put in. I have the Paidiss 3500kv in mine on 3S and more then enough power. :)

bimoadiprakoso and FlyteTime like this.
  20. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

totally agree family 1st but a very close second for the planes.lol