Parkflyers International F/A-18 Super Hornet G1R: A New Experience, A New Frontier

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 17, 2017.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

well ive got the plans, now to find the time to build it,firstly to sort the printing,my printers no longer with us but in printer heaven and my local print shop doesn't open weekends when I'm off work,weathers not that good so no rush.

2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Andy Things get a bit slower here, so we could start work on PI's next project. Hope this would be another blast as we learned many many things in our journey in the past as well as experimenting with the latest F/A-18.

Enjoy the holidays everyone!

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

A sneak peak, following the F/A-18 G1R design. We try to break our own boundaries to generate better design than our previous ones.

One design that consists of modular construction (top and bottom), so you finish the whole upper module, followed by lower module, then join them together like lego.

Model is still being unmentioned, so guessing game may quite be entertaining. Anyone can point what it is? [​IMG]

Google+

4. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I know it's not the converted Typhoon, lol. Su-30 perhaps?

5. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

It looks sweet Bimo with the cambered LERX and wing! You are THE MAN. ;) How's about functional canards? That would be even sweeter!

Wildthing likes this.
  6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

LOL the Typhoon is almost complete. The construction of the inner EDF tube that makes it strong. I didn't know it was quite challenging to replace it as we still use the intake. Had some ideas on reinforcements but some were validated inside the computer and didn't seem to work well. I'm still on it FlyteTime

Google+

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Wildthing and FlyteTime like this.
  7. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Did I guess right? And if so what prize do I win? :D

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  8. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.
  9. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

So I was messing around painting the new nose and replacing the prop when I realized the nut thread was for a ccw rotation. This explains why I haven't had a successful maiden yet! The prop was loosening from launch as I was running cw. Soooo I'm now running the Sunnysky 2400 with a 6x4.5 ccw prop. Whenever winter takes a break I'll be out there!

Peter

10. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Su-33?

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  11. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Cat's out of the bag.

12. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

FlyteTime, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I encountered that as well waaay back in time however I was lucky enough to land the plane safely. It was RCP SU-34 and glad to have such plane with huge lift and awesome gliding characteristics.

Google+

FlyteTime, Wildthing and homey666 like this.
  14. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

15. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

nice I want one,just love your wings it brings a whole new look to these jets.

16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks Andy Really appreciate the support.

We are quite excited that we finally have few planes on our release schedules:
    1. LVT A-7 Corsair II (just need a tiny change on down thrust angle on mounting as the motor axis is lower than the wing plate)
    2. Sukhoi SU-30SM (finally it's revealed )
    3. Eurofighter Typhoon (with rear mounted pusher and airfoil)

The F/A-18 was the door opener for us to have better looking parkjets on our designs. We learned a lot since SU-35 G2, Aeronca L3 Tourer, EDF Typhoon and F/A-18. We now mix them all into the SU-30SM which I love the look of it having unique fuselage design (like the SU-34) compares to other jets. Hopefully this will fly as good as our other parkjets. The wingspan is 700m which is more than enough to have huge lift. The scale is outstanding on this one. The biggest challenge when designing the SU-30SM was to have the least construction complexity with all those scale details and curves. The software helped us in defining the bent surfaces/panels without the need to heat up the depron (no particular bensing techniques) while avoiding it to break.

Google+

FlyteTime, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  17. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I was thinking about another SU but now I shall weight for this one,im just a self confessed SU nut.

18. I have ran quite a few that way, I just make sure they are super tight. I have had after landing and of course most props touch the ground in all the park jets and then I go to take off and the prop falls on the ground. :D

19. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Man, you got me on a minor technicality on the variant of the Su-30. :rolleyes: I think I deserve to win the prize anyway. :p Looking forward to the Corsair and the new Eurofighter.

20. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

been trying to print the plans using tiled sheets with problems,when printed so the 50cm graph reads 50 it doesn't fit on the page,to make it fit the page ineed to print at 95% then it coming out something like 23 1/2 inchs,way to small for me,any susgestions thx Andy

bimoadiprakoso likes this.