Parkflyers International F/A-18 Super Hornet G1R: A New Experience, A New Frontier

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 17, 2017.

1. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Mine was getting away from me with the heay winds I had also,but I lucked out and got controle of it.I almost lost it once or twice.:rolleyes:

2. Congrats :)

3. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Hey guys here's my Super Hornet that I have just finished. Well almost, I still have to add the thrusters and I may paint the bottom light grey. Lots of gap filling and sanding but worth the effort. I'm looking forward to tossing her to the wind as soon as I can. I can tell this is going to be my favorite build so far. I love the size and scale look of it. Thanks Bimo for creating this awesome airplane! IMG_20171126_214005.jpg IMG_20171126_213929.jpg

Attached Files:

4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Oh my ..... what a beauty FlyteTime!!!

You did well on putting it all together. You, Wildthing, homey666, jimbosflyin and Splashballz have been bringing more joy to this design to me. I couldn't thank you guys all enough for sharing all pics.

Looks so much better than mine, FlyteTime AWESOME!!!

Toss it against the wind just like jimbosflyin did, my friend. Be gentle on the throttle. It's just to good to have unexpected situation.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

5. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I forgot to mention that I have it set up with ailerons and elevator. 30 amp esc and the trusty Turnigy 2200 motor. Also to help me keep it under control my Spektrum gyro receiver. The thrust is fantastic on her. Not sure the AUW but I'm gonna buy a scale so I'll know just how much it weighs. I used foam cure and hot glue for construction. That paint job took some time but I like how it came out. Now on to my Su-34 V5. Already have all the parts cut out so it shouldn't take nearly as long to build as the F-18. Loving every minute of it!

6. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Thanks a lot Bimo for the compliments. It was such fun building it. I'm waiting for the rear mount, true airfoil Eurofighter you promised me! Maybe after the Corsair?

7. Very cool, very nice. :)

8. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Thanks Jeff. :)

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Yes, I still remember when I built mine. I pushed it way over the edge (2 days without sleep) doing my work in daylights and continue building in the evening Sounds crazy but I believe it's worth doing the sacrifice.

Corsair is progressing, eventhough not as fast as the F/A-18. Very few spare time these days. Specially in this year's end and fiscal year closing. Airfoil rear mounted Eurofighter will follow after, my friend. Have no worries.

Google+

10. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Wow Bimo, don't push yourself too hard, you need some relaxation time or you'll make yourself sick. That Corsair is going to be interesting for sure. And thanks for the reassurance on the Euro, I'm gonna rebuild my RCP Euro as well (wrecked a while back) as it's a super nice little plane in itself. It's next in line after the Su-34 V5.

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks FlyteTime one of my relaxation time is having discussions with you guys all. It clears up my mind even in the highest tension moments I have in my workdays

Have no worries on the Eurofighter. I'd love to fly it more than 5 minutes so it's in my list, after the Corsair. Heck .... I'm now interested in designing SU-30SM as well as rear mounted one. The lower vertical stabilizers surely make huge difference. I felt it on our SU-35 G2. However, looking at the pictures of it, its biggest challenge now is its wing. Most SUs have thin wing airfoil plate for sure Another puzzle we at PI love to solve.

Isn't she beautiful?

[​IMG]

And I hope BB56 would love to build and fly the Corsair once the design is finished. Just like the old days. The wingspan is exactly 700mm

Google+

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  12. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Great job FlyteTime,set your expo's on the high side and good luck on the maiden flite.

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Man! I'm on my way home now and I think I figured out how to make the airfoil for the SU-30SM I guess my brain doesn't stop thinking about it after this. Oh well, it's a curse (on the bright side anyway) when people can imagine construction lines because they interact with 3d objects too much

Google+

14. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

You could just wrap depron over a carbon rod and have a symmetrical section and use carbon rod along the leading edge to add shape and reinforcement to the wing.
    I doubt if I will be building any more SU`s or F15`s for a long time.:D

15. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Good suggestion BB56, thanks I may need to experiment with something else too. Experimenting makes the adrenaline rushes even more lemme finish the Corsair for you. Then I will convert the Typhoon into rear pusher.

And the SU-30SM follows after. I'm still amazed on how the SUs fly The objective is still have to be easy to construct. May be easier than the SU-35 G2, but performs better. Hopefully

Now we have more F/A-18 catching up on the maiden flights. Really excited knowing more Hornets will breath the sky.

Google+

16. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

Forget the rest.......just work on the archer

Attached Files:

17. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I managed to take a snap shot of one of 3 frames of the video I tried to take on my maiden flite of my Blue Angel SUN000_Moment(2).jpg where it could be seen.Only proof I have at the moment.

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

19. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

The stalks are sticking out of the ground about a foot high where they were cut, I have to really line up my approach landinding on ten foot wide area's of grass.You can see how windy it was by the tree's blowing over.

20. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Sound like a real challenge on landing with only 10 feet wide airstrip, jimbosflyin Awesome!

Google+

blkbaron, Wildthing and FlyteTime like this.