Parkflyers International F/A-18 Super Hornet G1R: A New Experience, A New Frontier

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 17, 2017.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

hahaha

Yeah, I guess extreme fpv is not for everyone. I have my minicam and video transmitter setup for "pilot's view" when doing FPV with my parkjets as I'm so tied up with my early obsession in becoming jetfighter pilot.

Doing maneuvers like rolls, loops, inverted etc. using my fatshark gear or 7" display is just amusing for me as I've been playing Falcon 4 (F-16 simulation) for decades The VR systems I have now extends the experience as well.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

2. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

It was extreme for sure, lol. The quad kept going up and down and doing rolls, I'd like a view that stayed level with your plane. That would be awesome. It's not too late to become a fighter pilot, you look like a young man. ;)

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I will try to use my Mavic next time, FlyteTime.

BTW, I'm already 45 yo, so I think it will be extreme Parkjet FPV for me

Here's another pic taken during aerial chase. An F/A-18 soaring in Indonesia sky as Cumulonimbus was approaching Quite epic.

[​IMG]

Google+

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I was sitting down and still managed to fall over:D

5. blkbaron

blkbaron Ace Pilot

You gotta stop having that extra glass of port:D

6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

The funny thing is I can watch some geezer jump out of a plane and be fine, but if I see a base jumper throw himself off a cliff it really up sets me. May be I have to many falling dreams, they ARE VERY disturbing.

7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I used to perform bungee jumping. However, since it took lots of prep and could only be performed in some few certain places, it took my interest no more. So that's why I now do extreme FPV using plane, not quad And I don't think my head could take that high G tension anymore on any jump.

Another pic of dauntless F/A-18 Makes me wanna fly again and again. Well, it wouldn't happen this week as I will be on my business trip May be I will have time to finish the A-7 Corsair II design. Let's just see.

[​IMG]

Google+

Wildthing, blkbaron and jimbosflyin like this.
  8. blkbaron

blkbaron Ace Pilot

Just make sure u wake up b4 u hit the ground:D:D

9. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

A-7 looks like a Whale Shark eating krill.That big open mouth will cause a lot of drag.

10. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

It would probably make a good EDF at the right size.
    It is very chubby:)

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Flybyknight22, Wildthing and blkbaron like this.
  12. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Hey Bimo, got my F-18 printed out and starting to get her cut out. I hate holidays. you know, I gotta do the family thing for a few days, It will just keep calling me. I might sneak a few minutes in now and then until the family goes home. I think I built your F15 last year at this time and did get it built with the family here. Anyway hopefully I'll have some maiden video by next weekend. I love the design and you guys really kept the pieces down. Can't wait to get her in the air.

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi sirskyhi thank you so much for your continuing support and update. Well, different things in life are just making our life richer, aren't they? And family is surely the sweetest thing among all those.

Anyway, scratchbuilding is another thing that boosts our adrenaline Take your time my friend. The Super Hornet won't leave your table without you telling it.

Good luck with the building and keep us posted

Google+

FlyteTime, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  14. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Bimo,

I wouldn’t worry too much about the large opening on the Corsair.

I really do not see that as a major problem at all.

For instance, FRC designed the X-32 Guppy that had a huge opening in the front and the plane flew ok.

I built one and it flew ok it just didn’t have much in the way of “Super” flight performance,

It flew in a more scale like manner but wasn’t fast or “super” maneuverable until the entire lower part of the plane was chopped off :) then it became the FRC “REMIX”.

Lots of video on the Guppy in their thread.

15. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Bimo,

Again the open mouth of the Corsair adds extra possibilities like BB56 said an optional EDF build looks doable also.

Here is a link to my Guppy X-32 build showing a huge opening in the front.

I doubt your opening is this large and the Guppy flew ok.

In this link there was room for an optional “Gun Camera” :)

https://www.rcpowers.com/community/...-x-32-guppy-parkjet.17320/page-25#post-228213

https://www.rcpowers.com/community/...-x-32-guppy-parkjet.17320/page-25#post-228213

16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi FBK Thank you for the kind encouragement my friend.

Well, I'm not gonna change anything on the out side so we will keep it scale. We would only thingk the workaround for the "inside" of the fuselage, to keep the airflow runs smoother until it reaches the motor. Therefore, it could also lessen the drag and hopefully create smooth airflow and deliver better flight envelope for the Corsair

The only constraint for me now is time to finish it. I'm away from home now and loaded with work related things. I hope I could finish the design soon. I will have a look at the Guppy video after this

Google+

17. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

blkbaron, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  18. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I got out to maidon my Blue Angel this morning being impatiant with the wind,my first toss was not exactly into the wind just little to the left which blew it right over into the high grass(only cracked a wing tip missle)Second launch derectly into the wind and it glided up smoothly,fully controlable with 3/4 inch throws each way with my elevons(elerons are mech linked with only a 1/4 inch throw one way).I tried taking video but it was out of frame for the intire flite :(.All in all the plane flew awsome,easy to controle and it did what my thumbs told it to do :D. Now back to building my larger one so I can see it a little better when it gets just a little to far away to make out up from down.Very happy with this plane and like Bimo said,you just want to keep flying it over and over.:cool:

19. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Way to go, Jimbo!

20. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Congratulations, jimbosflyin!

It now has become my favorite jet and star at the club. Those less fortunate guys got plenty orders from my club members hoping it will start to change their luck.

Also, I believe your 4 by 2 setup (4 control surfaces by 2 servos) is the best setup, jimbosflyin. May be in the future, I may buuld a larger one with that particular setup. Less hassles. Only needs 3 channels (ail, elev and throttle) and it flies well.

Again, congratulations my friend. Made only 3 flights on Saturday as the wind was so crazy almost the whole day. It reached around 50-60kph averagely at the club and almost made a huge 50cc rc cub couldn't land. It circled and approached the landing area many many times before it landed after some bouncy touch downs. Most of the members were applausing as we were thrilled with the possibility that it might not land in one piece..

However, in those 3 flights, the F/A-18 was horribly shaken plenty of times as the gusts were stronger up there. With the wind blowing that strong, it landed at very slow ground speed when facing the wind. It scared me a bit if the wind just stop for a second or two, that could possibly make the plane stall all of a sudden. Luckily, it made 3 good flights and landings

Google+