Parkflyers International F/A-18 Super Hornet G1R: A New Experience, A New Frontier

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 17, 2017.

1. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Bimo, I cast my vote for a rear mounted Typhoon with true airfoil wing! I would snatch that puppy up in a heartbeat. Make it happen dude.

I've almost finished my Super Hornet and it looks really nice. I love the compact size of it and can't wait to see it in the sky. I've got all the electronics, servos, esc and motor installed. I just have a little bit of gap filling with foam strips and lightweight spackling. Still trying to decide on paint scheme. I may go with VFA-103 Jolly Rogers which is a Navy variant flying from the U.S.S. Eisenhower aircraft carrier. I know I should wait for the maiden before painting but I feel like it's gonna soar like an eagle with my trusty gyro receiver onboard. Pictures coming soon.

You have a great weekend also!

2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi FlyteTime Huge appreciation for your awesome enthusiasm. That kind of spirit surely motivates us to innovate along our journey in creating parkjet designs.

Once we finish with the A-7 design, I will try to modify the rear end of the Eurofighter to accommodate the rear mounted pusher.

Give us some pics please I'm sure your built will have a solid rockin' look FlyteTime. Nice choice of painting scheme. It will surely be a blast for it BTW, it's a HORNET, not an EAGLE

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  3. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Oh that's funny Bimo. Ok, it's gonna buzz like a hornet:D. I hope it doesn't sting me, lol.

4. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

Need to build a mig.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Mine is a bit quite when flying. My friends at the club called it stealthy F-18 As long as we let it flies from us and the blooming flowers at a distance, it won't sting for sure. It surely likes grass on landing

Google+

6. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Frabgeous day! Caloo calay! Mounting tonight and hopefully maiden tomorrow!

Peter

20171117_153419.jpg

7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Yeah! You got that same one as mine homey! Awesome! That little one is a beast!

All the best with the weather homey. Be gentle at the throttle. Throw it at 40-50% throttle, and let it glide before increasing it. It will give a smooth ride.

Google+

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  8. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I just might do one Sarge. Which one do you recommend?

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  9. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Best of luck with your maiden flight homey. I'm just finishing mine up and hope to let her fly in the near future. It should be a big thrill. Tell us how you do.

10. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

I have to wipe my grin off and move slowly before I launch tomorrow. Fingers crossed on the weather. If it's too cold or too windy, nothing's happening, but if it's right, I will post video good or bad!

Peter

Attached Files:

EricR, e3_Scott, FlyteTime and 5 others like this.
  11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Heeey homeeeey!! Thanks for posting the Super Hornet pic my friend Really appreciate it.

I may be able to go to the club for some short flights. Weather forecast shows some showers today. Let's see if I could enjoy flying it before it rains.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Google+

12. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Just finished flying and it's raining heavily now. Wind was so unfriendly before the rain starting to fall.

Managed to have another longer chase cam by a friend with better quality image as it's using GoPro. I'll upload it later

I highly recommend it to use Hobby Eagle A3 Super 2 to bravely fly in such unfriendly wind. About an hour ago, horrible turbulence hit the plane again on a flight and I hit the Auto-balance/Level switch and it just leveled a second after, but the wind dragged it sideways before I punched the throttle to 100%. I feel that it's just too good to crash. The HE A3 Super 2 is surely giving good insurance at certain level.

Google+

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Good luck on the maiden, Remember into the wind at a decent angle and give it a real good heavy chuck.

15. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Good luck with the maiden Homey:)
    Lets hope it doesn`t jabberwocky.

16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

To cold,to windy,Homey don't play dat.:cool:That's OK,neather do I .

17. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Yup and it is just that today:( waaaaa. Homey don't play that.

Peter

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Guys.

Latest video and better one of F/A-18 G1R Aerial Chase Cam. And now it's made for public. This time my friend is using GoPro cam. Except for the landing part. His quad ran out of battery so, I still continued to fly and put the landing shot of earlier video to it. The crosswind came from left so we could see the plane was compensating its nose slightly to the left on touch down.

As we could also see, the thick cloud was quickly building up and the wind was so unpredictable. About an hour from that moment, we had very heavy windy rain as well as thunderstorm. It surely made my car clean, though So lucky that I could get the F/A-18 flew and was enjoying some flights.

Google+

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Wildthing, blkbaron, EricR and 3 others like this.
  19. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Good thing I was sitting down when I watch it,other wise I would probably fall over.o_O:cool:

20. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I like the idea of aerial videography but that is hard to watch as Jimbo said. My head is spinning! How about trying with a fixed wing aircraft, perhaps that would be less dizzying. :eek: