Parkflyers International Expertimental: Grumman F-14D Tomcat G1R-S

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Mar 25, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

No sleep last night brought me to this stage. Everything is verified.

AUW without battery is exactly at 645g. Plan to place 1,800mAh 3S battery on it, just like the SU-30SM and F/A-18. Vertical thrust test with Sunnysky 2600KV showed far more than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. It jumped up at 70-80% throttle.

I had placed Hobbyeagle A3 Super 3 flight stabilization systems as insurance to this plane. I just wanna have casual flights with it, enjoying the scale looking view when it passes.

ESC is Hobbywing Platinum 40A that drives 6v output to RX and servos.

Paint is a blend between Jollyrogers and Tomcatters. Struggling to print the decals with no luck after my notebook got Win 10 new update. Ended me printing the decals using my smartphone.

I hope I could have the maiden flight of this beauty shortly.[​IMG]

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Looks awsome Bimo,good luck with the maiden flite.

6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Very nice build:)

7. FABULOUS

8. Bimo, remember to balance it with the wings swept back.

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks jimbosflyin, BB56 and Wildthing

Will balance the CG when wings are swept, Wildthing. Thanks for the useful tips.

BTW, realized that this built instruction would have 60 pics! That sets this design to be most comprehensive step-by-step building instruction Some steps may be skipped due to possibility to have fixed wing. Much easier when having fixed wing

Google+

10. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

Hi guys, I’m MIA lately but jumping on once in a while to see how the F14 venture is ticking. Looking great you guys; can’t wait to read about your maidens Jim and Bimo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Really appreciate the enthusiasm and support, SB :)

Currently, we're having the Mig-31 Foxhound G1R on the pipeline and nearly completed. Simplicity applied with less reinforcement rods.

Soon, we're gonna have F-15 Silent Eagle G2R following.

upload_2018-5-22_10-1-10.png

We haven't decided it yet whether we're gonna apply new building approach or not for the F-15 SE. But designing all these planes simply keeps my brain working properly during my absence from flying for months.

Building simplicity while retaining the scale look is our main objective ahead. Need to have refreshed designs forward. Hope we could achieve what we're aiming and share it with you guys all ;)

Update: Any interest of having Eurofighter Typhoon with rear mounted plan? FlyteTime had succeeded building the very first prototype :) If there are some, then we might place it on our web page as well.

Google+

12. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

Mig Foxhound......I'll be all over that build.

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Sunday morning .... still no flying for me. Need to continue my work as well as accompanying my daughter to recover at home. Still so grateful to be around my daughter after crazy working times on weekdays.

Mig-31 G1R plan has been completed. May need to have prototypes built first before making it available after the F-14D. Still possibility of having those 2 planes available at the same time as "Cold War Series"? :D

upload_2018-5-27_9-50-34.png

F-15 Silent Eagle design has commenced in between my breaks last night. Would try another approach of building, with hope to enrich score-and-fold building techniques. So grateful that our member jimbosflyin has bold experience on it previously. Wildthing is a building machine, he may finish it before the design is complete :D Hahahaha!

Hope all of you could continue to build and fly folks. So sorry for being absent these days. Have good flights and a great weekend!

Google+

14. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

And FlyteTime is going to finally maiden the rear mount Typhoon in the next few days. It's very windy today as we have Tropical Storm Alberto approaching our area. Stay tuned.

15. Good luck on the maiden.

16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Good luck with the maiden, FlyteTime

Hope things would be ok and the storm wouldn't leave any damage once it's over. Take care my friend.

Google+

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  17. I think if you fly straight into the heart of the storm you should be safe.????????

Flybyknight22 and bimoadiprakoso like this.