Parkflyers International Expertimental: Grumman F-14D Tomcat G1R-S

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Mar 25, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

malukk's recommendation listed by Wildthing will work okay. I may get some myself as stocks. I'm thinking about building another one with different paint scheme. This F-14D rocks! It attracted most attention in my club everytime I flew this guy. The show was indeed when it was performing the swinging wing :D

Our servo recommendation is based on 2 crucial things:
    1. Torque (should be 3kg or above)
    2. Size (should be similar to JX PS-1171MG (dimension: 30x12x32 cm)

Other than the recommended servo size, it may be possible, but also may lead to some trimmings ;)

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

malukk, Hami21, colorc and 3 others like this.
  2. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Some more improvement guys with F-14 and P-40! At this moment I'm installing servos for ailerons! i want more authority with this plane because my wings are fixed and i can't do any rolls or loop... hope this add would affect it in a better way....soon video with a flight guys! ;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. Fantastic job on both planes Hami.

bimoadiprakoso, andy_downs and Hami21 like this.
  4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Hey Hami,I like the elleron mod.I couldn't see where you had your hinges on them,I would stick them center of the two sheets of depron and bevel it on top and bottom,this way they are equal air flow over both ellerons when you activate them,just my two cents bro.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    bimoadiprakoso, andy_downs and Hami21 like this.
  5. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Ηello My friend!!! Jimbo hehehe i have done exactly as you said ;) I placed the hinges in the middle of the depron so air flow to be equal! check the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zwAbubkpU ;) always your opinion is welcome to me i want to share and learn :D :D :D

Thank you so much my friend if you say so then that means that the job is done ;) You are master and always your opinion matter the most :D :)

6. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Great job there Hami.I've just did a lot of reading and observing of other planes and how and why things are done.

7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.