Parkflyers International Expertimental: Grumman F-14D Tomcat G1R-S

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hehe thank you budy ;) :) one step before the maiden :) I'll not add any paint just wanna see how this will fly and then paint will come after ;) tomorow I'll upload photos of it :)

2. Remember to balance the plane with the wings swept back but launch with them out.

3. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hmm i have those wings fixed Jeff... Unfortunately dont have radio that supports mixes with channels and thats the reason why I duild it as fixed wing...now how do i balance it? Cog is at the same spot again?
    Thank you Kostas

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  5. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Mm...so i have to move forward the COG About 1,5 in?? My weight now is almost 518gr with out battery

6. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Here is the Cog according to the plans how many cm should i go forward?

Attached Files:

7. 1/2 inch or 12mm, maybe even start with 10mm. Balance it first at the cg marks then move the battery slightly ahead, make it slightly nose heavy using the spec cg marks.

What I do once I find the balance I like I mark on the battery tray with a pen where the battery is and which battery I used so when I go to fly a plain I am not checking the balance each and every time. Me lazy :D

It flew being tail heavy but it was a little bit of a handful.

8. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

I did as you said Jeff now with 1cm forward it seems like slightly nose heavy ;) auw is 688gr :) hope to end up well haha i am lazy to....doing excactly as you're doing mark the spot and ready for rake off ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  9. Just be careful it may need to be moved some more. Once you find the right spot it flies great. With the wings out you have very good pitch control, roll is a tad sluggish, still good but sluggish.

10. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

I'll keep this in mind ;) ;) i did this mode if i can call that a mode inside the canopy to secure the battery in place :) and infront of the battery as well placed one small piece of foam to control the battery from moving forward :) for the canopy i did this

Attached Files:

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

12. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hello Bimo :) hmm Wings are fixed as you know because i dont have radio to support both of those fuctions... :/ hmm on mine wings are fixed! I follow the marks and the maximun open range was that :/ is that wrong? As Jeff mentioned before This would be good to be slightly nose heavy!

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Could you kindly take a pic from the top Hami? That would give us much better pic to analyze.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Flybyknight22 and Hami21 like this.
  14. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Here Bimo ;) also one photo of the marks

Attached Files:

15. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Flybyknight22, Hami21 and Wildthing like this.
  16. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Great!! So wngs are at the right spot so I'll move on with this plane :) Maiden :) :) hehehe You and Jeff on this plane helped me a lot thank you very very much guys when i make the maiden I'll send it to you and Jeff via private message to see it first ;)

17. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

What an awesome plane!! GUYS I HAVE A GREAT-FANTASTIC-AMAZING TIME with this plane!! sluggish on loops...but even though if it has enough altitute then everything is just perfect!! Fast and unique in the air!! It flies like you set it on rails! Very very stable guys trouly stable! Roll also is a bit rought but with altitute you got it ;) I'll make and video when someone comes along to capture the moment ;) hehehe AMAZING!!!! Jeff you are the man ;) finnaly COG is 10mm forward with wings extended ;) some times i didnt have my fingers on the sticks and it flies by its own hehehe ;) great plane guys BUILD IT ;) and Support PI ;) Thank you guys

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  18. Good to hear the maiden went good, my first launch it floated off like a butterfly. ;)
    Roll will be sluggish, pitch should be good. Not sure with your radio you have but if you can't turn up the d/r at all move the control rods out farther on the servo arms so you increase the throw.

With wings extended mine looped easy peasy, roll was sluggish and then with the wings swept back it was just the opposite.

19. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hehe Yepp ;) it went perfect! Yours to fly that good? :) thats greta to hear ;) COG was excactly where you said it will be ;)
    Roll is indeed sluggish... :/ pitch was great ;) my radio is this HK6S 6CH this is not that good but now i cant afford for something better :/
    With wings back for sure it flies faster and you can do better roll for sure! Now paint job must be done and of course i should find a person to capture the flight ;)

20. Mine flies great in both modes, super happy yours went smooth.