Parkflyers International Expertimental: Grumman F-14D Tomcat G1R-S

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Mar 25, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Really appreciate it Andy. It was a nerve wrecking moment for sure. But I thought to give it a go to answer the million dollar question
    Big thanks FlyteTime

So true there. The more I have good planes to choose in front of me, the more difficult to pick some favorites. Aaahh ..... whatever .... I love 'em all lol

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

2. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

Best maiden ever - I wish someone had taken video of your face the whole time you were flying Bimo. Don’t think I’ve ever heard someone so excited in my life! Like a kid on Xmas morning; anyone would think that you didn’t expect it to work Bimo! It was always going to fly - there’s a PI signature on it ;-)
    Great work PI team; high-fives all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Kindly accept my highest appreciation for your kindest words, SB. I sense that your writings came from your genuine heart, not from the keyboard :)

Also, I didn't expect that it would fly that well. I would be already grateful seeing it airborne and came back in one piece. But after flying it for a minute, I never expected it to fly so stable yet still very agile with elevons only as rear mounted motor plane.

Thanks again, SB :) For all the support given.

Google+

4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

So grateful that I managed to have couple of flights this morning. Once again, PI's latest design stole the attention of all members that were flying also at the club. Some were asking straight whether it's for sale or not

The tomcatters (thanks for the decal jimbosflyin!) was the star of the day. It did well on rolls, loops, inverted, split-s, high speed figure-8 turns, etc. in front of them all as they gathered near me watching this beauty flew, swinging its wings many times. Such a dazzling view of this scale looking F-14.

The test on 3-blade Master Airscrew 6x4x3 was showing good results. Less noise and showed good efficiency. The 1,800mah 3S battery reached +/- 30% in 12 min on various throttle kicks between 40-100%.

So much fun flying this morning! So grateful.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Google+

5. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

A real beauty Bimo.:)

6. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

So many planes Bimo, so little space to store them, lol. I need to scrap a few to make room for more but I have none that I'm willing to get rid of.:D

Your F-14 is another one knocked out of the park! Just fantastic buddy.

7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thank you so much BB56 Wouldn't come to this point without you mentoring me even before days of PI.
    Heeey FlyteTime buddy I even gave my old planes away to friends to make some room for my new rear mounted planes.

I now enjoy flying the rear mounted scale ones in casual, with just few rolls, loops, inverted and some others. But not much of aerobatics. I love to look at my planes, watch them fly and keep them as long as possible

Need to build the Typhoon, Foxhound and the F-15 Silent Eagle when the design is finished. I do see some challenges of designing A-10 as well may be with flaps for slow flying. But I really have no idea when it's gonna happen still need to learn some more tricks.

Google+

8. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

That's nice that you gave away planes to your friends, they are lucky to know you, just as we are. I don't know anybody that likes to fly so I think I'm gonna fly them like I stole them and if I drill a couple of them, no big deal, lol.
    So you're going to do an A-10 eh? I built Greg and Jay's Warthog and it's real nice, pusher power, cambered wings, nice size plane. Love to see what you come up with!

9. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Amazing job!! What a spectacullar job you have done!!!! On more favorite plane is F-16 with CFT tanks is that possible to be made???

10. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

WIN_20180303_21_30_17_Pro.jpg WIN_20180303_21_32_25_Pro.jpg
    P I has an F-16 mid prop at the momment Hami on our web site and I presently have a P I rear mount waiting for it's maiden flight and soon as I can verify that ,I think I can convince Bimo to offer the mod in a all new available plan.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  11. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

I am sorry, I can't improve on Ian's quote. What a beauty, and she flies as well as she looks. Astonishing foam plane.

Cheers.

12. TacticalFlight

TacticalFlight Ace Pilot

That is really nice!

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

14. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Amazing plane ypu have build there my friend! Wooohh!!! I like it!! Can you install CTF on that????

15. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I'm shore you can laminate some foam together and sand and shape fuel tanks to hang under the wings

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  16. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Jimbo, you have done a stunning job with the fuselage on this F16 the coke bottle (area rule) shape is brilliant. Nice hot rolled foam technique:)

17. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I like the way the SU-30SM airfoil came out on it also,I should have it in the air soon and I'm pretty confident that it will do well.

18. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Hey Ian,HAPPY BIRTHDAY brother.:cool:

19. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Hey thanks dude:D But don`t tell everybody,,, I don`t do birthdays:)

20. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Yup,me neather.I'm during Christmas.:mad:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018