Parkflyers International Expertimental: Grumman F-14D Tomcat G1R-S

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Mar 25, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

2. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Thanks Bimo, we should be okay, the center of the storm track has moved to the east a good bit so it's not expected to be that bad where I live. Thanks for thinking about me brother.

3. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Theoretically you are correct Jeff, the center of a hurricane has an eye where it is very calm. The center of Hurricane Ivan (2004) went right over my house and we were in the eye. Wind went from 125 mph to dead calm, then back to 125 coming from the other direction. Very freaky! This is a tropical storm with no defined eye wall so I think I'll keep her inside till it passes, lol.

4. Splashballz

Splashballz Ace Pilot

... and don’t forget the old rule FT - always launch your plane upwind into the hurricane. You’d hate to throw it downwind and not have enough lift for a smooth launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I couldn't let go of thinking of good friends, and you're on the list brother

Good to know the storm went away.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Finally, ..... it flew beautifully! Oh man! I slipped into the field this morning for a single maiden flight, and it amazed me even until I'm writing it now.

It's obviously so stable and agile considering as elevons only. With wings collapsed, both roll and loop were aggressive. Roll was sluggish with wings opened. Only needed to trim right and that was all.

No changes in CG. We got that right Wildthing and jimbosflyin!! The carbon rods and some few hidden aerodynamics cuts work like a charm in balancing the CG. We cracked the case guys!

After three months without flying, this maiden flight made me soooo nervous Phew!

Now, need to finish the building/instruction guide.[​IMG]

Google+

7. That's just super Bimo. Glad to see you actually made it out to fly finally. :)

8. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks Wildthing it's absolutely a keeper. One of a kind in my hangar. It flew without any surprises. Only my thumbs that were having tremors

It left my hand when doing the hand launch butter smooth

Need to experiment with 3 blades prop on next flights

Google+

9. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Way to go Bimo! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together! Welcome back to the realm of flight...

Flybyknight22, Hami21, malukk and 3 others like this.
  10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks FlyteTime Flying it once during maiden flight, had made me feel like living in paradise so grateful for the 30 minutes I had at the club.

The F-15 Silent Eagle project will follow soon. Hopefully the Mig-31 Foxhound would be verified once Wildthing is done with the Avro Arrow

Google+

11. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Bimo, somewhere down the line maybe a B-58 Hustler? Always loved that airplane. ;)

12. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

13. apklug

apklug Airman

Yes I have been waiting for the Typhoon checking daily....

Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  14. After a few months of no flying and you pick the most elaborate plane to maiden. :D :D NERVES OF STEEL. ;)

15. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I also managed to get mine in the air between the rain drops yesterday,I only had gotten in three laps before haveing to bring it down but the good news is that it's still in one piece and yes,I think my stomack still hurts from being so nervouse throwing it in the air for the first time.It kind of reminded me off Chevy Chase saying..."this is crazy-this is crazy-this is crazy!:cool:

16. Glad to hear the maiden went good, nice when a plan comes together. She does launch nice and smooth .

17. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Nerves of steel? I'd rather consider it as brainless :D not practicing with my earlier plane and went straight with the F-14 for its maiden. Hahaha :D

Fearsome jimbosflyin! Good to know that you had the maiden flight as well. :cool:

Yes, indeed Wildthing. No torque roll what so ever. And it even landed like the T-38 :) It brought me tons of confusions as my favorite planes number is growing now :D lol

Google+

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

19. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

really nice,months away but some nice flying especially on the maiden.

20. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

So happy you had a successful maiden Bimo. Another winner from the PI factory! Yeah, it's hard to pick a favorite when they are all so dang awesome.