Parkflyers International Design and Build Log: Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Apr 19, 2017.

1. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

No! That`s very modest for you Jeff:)

bimoadiprakoso, Hami21 and Wildthing like this.
  2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

It`s a shame this plane has taken a year and a half to get the plans finalized now all the interest has died out.
    It is one of the most enjoyable planes I have flown and it looks superb in the air.

3. All we would is Bimo's blessing. ;)

bimoadiprakoso and Hami21 like this.
  4. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Yep you guys should release those plans a lot of people would be intersted in build this amazing plane ;) I had some more progress on the Weekend and the result is..... :) hehe closer to the maiden :)

Attached Files:

5. Superb Hami. :)

6. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Thanks budy ;) with your help i accomplish to make it fly ;)

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

What a lovely progress of the warbird you built there, Hami. Wish you the best luck flying it. I'm sure you're gonna love it just as Wildthing and BB56 :)

Feels so stupid that I haven't got the time to build it.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Hami21 and jimbosflyin like this.
  8. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Thanks budy ;) wish everything will go perfect :) :) You should build this plane Man you must have this plane in your collection ;) ;)

9. Hey @Hami21 haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is ok. Just curious how your build is going.

10. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

HeY Jeff! Sorry for been away for a little while... :(I was dealing with some issues both health and personal but now everything comes to the normal line! had an issue with my waistline and i couldnt do anything for a while.... :( Missed you guys are you everybody ok? Truth is that i didn't make it to finish my P-40 and now i should get to deal with it so i can complete it since i feel better. How are you guys Jeff you are ok??

11. Glad to here you are feeling better. Don't push yourself to hard, this is just a hobby and if it get's parked for awhile no problem, your health comes first.

12. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

After several months trying to get time to build it. Well it's almost finished. Need to put in the electronics. Hopefully video soon. Well then again maybe not. I'm baby sitting my 3 year old grandson next week. Well maybe for following week. 20181103_201015_HDR.jpg

13. Awesome, can\t wait :)

14. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Can you post some pictures of how you mounted your landing gear?

15. I will dig it out and take some pictures. They are nothing fancy though. ;)

16. Here are a couple pictures. Just a square piece of 3/32 plywood, flattened some aluminum tubing to use as straps, bent some wire and hot glued it on. Make sure the wheels end up way infront of the cg mark so when you land it doesn't nose plant. The mount itself is just ahead of the cg mark so it doesn't affect the battery location to much. 2018_1104_091442_001.JPG 2018_1104_091459_003.JPG

17. Hmmmm, almost winter here and snow could show up any time, maybe time to put the skis on. ;)

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  18. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Oh ya Wildthing, how did you build the skids? And thanks for the photos of the landing gear. :)

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  19. Oh, those are actually a couple years old, I originally built them for the Spitfire. I will have to go way back and see if I can find my pictured.

20. sirskyhi

sirskyhi Ace Pilot

Wildthing no rush. My 3 year old grandson will be spend 4 days with us. You can just imaging how much time I'll have to work on my plane. None... :( But I don't get to see him that much so the wait is worth it :)