Parkflyers International Design and Build Log: Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Apr 19, 2017.

1. No guns or spinner yet but we have some decals

2017_0506_152303_001.JPG 2017_0506_152312_002.JPG 2017_0506_152321_003.JPG

Flybyknight22, Lgel, EricR and 5 others like this.
  2. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

That is looking sweet! Fine job Jeff!

3. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

4. Thanks guys

FlyteTime and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Brilliant built, mods and of course, flight, Wildthing! You and BB56 have just put the base design into its next level of look and flight envelope. I wish I could build it soon with all schedules unrelated to RC here. Things have been so hectic at my end as I added my schedules that Wednesday is the time I teach less fortunate people and Friday goes for the kids. So, for the last 4 months, I have to pack all my working schedules to Mon, Tue and Thursday and have less flying time on Sat as I must not lessen my attention to my family as well

I'll try to keep up with you guys. That's my commitment too No worries, I'm enjoying all the things life has been giving me. So grateful that is.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

6. Well I had it out today for a couple short flights trying to trim in the flaps and elevator that work together when the flaps are activated. Well down is up right, wrong so I came in and switched that. Out for another little flight to much elevator deflection and brought it in again to change it. I need larger diameter wheels, they don't like grass at all. ;) Just caught the edge of it and a tiny tumble but bent the wing tip slightly so I ended it's testing for today. Both wingtips now have band aids, figured I would do the other one before I bent it. Had to do the same thing to the FT Spitfire, wingtips are the weakest point. I was also trying it in a 25k plus wind and it was handling that like a charm. Short little videos to follow once loaded up. :) Weather holds up testing tomorrow. ;)

7. No worries Bimo, once Ian gets his finished and test flown we will pass on our notes for updates and then you can build that one. :)

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  8. Well this is short little flight 1, somehow in my memory I remembered Ian saying the elevator has to go down when the flaps are deployed, well guess what I did, programmed them up so bring it in and change the programming.

9. Flight #2, even shorter then #1 so it won't bore you. :D

10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Nice research Wildthing It just came cross my mind. If you have potentio on your TX, you may want to use them so you could adjust the flaps in motion. I did this on the Pak Fa T-50 G1 (unreleased plan) and it did well.

Google+

bogusbandit56, Wildthing and EricR like this.
  11. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  12. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Just leave the flaps as they were on the maiden.

13. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

It would also help if you landed your aircraft into the wind.:D

14. A little playing and I'll get them trimmed in, just need to slowly change the elevator percentage compared to the flaps so no big deal. Bimo, no I can't change mine on the fly, that would be cool feature to have.

bogusbandit56 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  15. Thanks, simple rattle can paint job and make a few decals so no where near what a lot of you guys do. ;)

Flybyknight22 and bogusbandit56 like this.
  16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Do you have pot on the TX, Wildthing? If you do, assign it to a channel on your rx amd control it through the pot. Yes, it is awesome to have and control it in variable on the fly

Google+

bogusbandit56 and Wildthing like this.
  17. bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Wildthing likes this.
  19. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Yes you do have to trim the mix precisely and then they change depending on wind strength, that is why I don`t bother . If I had restricted space to land I would have to except the arse pain and set them up.:D

20. Flybyknight22 and bimoadiprakoso like this.