Parkflyers International Boeing F-15 Silent Eagle G2R: Another Obsession, Another Stunning Project

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Aug 4, 2018.

1. About 50% right. :D

FlyteTime, malukk and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  2. It cruises pretty good, that is with the GepRc GR2306 2750kv quad motor

3. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

So true jimbosflyin. I placed 2826 2200kv on the F/A-18 G1R and it still gave big punch on it. If builders wanna have even more speed with 2826 2200kv, they could go with 1,500mah 4S as the motor can take the higher voltage. They only need to replace ESC that supports 4S batt instead of normal 3S batt :)

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

6. 2 more flights with the new girl, much better now with the throws adjusted and all trimmed in.

Lgel, EricR, e3_Scott and 3 others like this.
  7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Wow! brilliant flights there Wildthing!

You said it's just using a quad motor? That's fast! Waaay fast! It would probably the fastest PI plane with just a normal setup. I wonder if you put an NTM 2.7kv on it. Hopefully mine would fly as fast with 2.6kv Sunnysky

It looks beautiful on low passes Gotta finish mine soon.

Google+

Wildthing, jimbosflyin and andy_downs like this.
  8. It would go like stink with the NTM 2700kv motor but the 2200 4S battery I don't think would fit in. Now that said on 3S and a 6x4 prop it has decent thrust.

jimbosflyin and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  9. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Well done, Jeff, nice flying. Happy to see the GepRC 2306 2750 kv motor working out well for you, it really cranks on 4S as well although quite a bit more amp hungry, drew 60A on the bench, so if your current ESC is capable of handling about 45-50A in the air, it might work out OK with the 6x3 prop :)

Best of luck with the continued flying and testing.

Cheers,

Scott

10. It rocks pretty good on 3S. I only have a 40A esc in there right now. Because the motor and esc are so light balance would be the issue unless a 60A or even an 80A would give me enough counter balance for a 4S battery. My esc and rx are near the back right now. Nice find though Scott.

11. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

What is the brand and burst rating of your 40A ESC?

Cheers,

Scott

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  12. I haven't the faintest idea, I picked them up from BangGood for the combat planes and price was right, brand is Predator

bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Guys. Got a quick chance to maiden the F-15 Silent Eagle in the evening. This plane is stable and really fast!

Just as Wildthing said, it's a wind fighter.

One thing I did which was a bit stupid was, I placed 1,800mah 3S Pulse battery on it without re-balancing it again on maiden flight while I used Leopard Power battery to balance it earlier. Pulse battery has slightly more weight than Leopard Power. So, just slightly nose heavy. Surprised me for few seconds after tossing it in the air, but trimming did the job effortlessly. It flew like on rails.

Most flight was just 30-40%, and max throttle was just around 70%. The result: a stunning Silent Eagle maiden flight

It was my first time ever having the maiden flight in the evening. Having a short 30 mins time slot to do everything. So grateful it was enough.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Google+

Lgel, andy_downs, jimbosflyin and 3 others like this.
  14. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

So glad you had a nice maiden flight Bimo. Your plane looks real nice, really nice built. I know you are proud of what you guys have done with this one. Where do you think this one ranks among the others in your favorites list? Now we need some of those in flight money shots like you've done so many times before!

15. Finally after a long wait, it flies. :)

16. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Also Bimo, we need video of you flying her accompanied by your giggles and enthusiasm. I love that about you bro. :D

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  17. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Really appreciate the kind words FlyteTime

This F-15 Silent Eagle's look, equals to the rest of PI planes since Eurofighter. However, a small inprovement is on the engines and thrusters. I use thick paper to make the shape of it and it gives good look. However, jimbosflyin and Wildthing use 3mm depron which I have no luck finding it here. But any of those work just fine.

I got the video but haven't got the time to edit and give it a proper look. It was only 3 mins of walkaround and 5 mins of flight. I will upload it once it's finished. As always, FlyteTime

Google+

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Yes, and it flew really really nice!
    Hahahaha In the video, it would show that I was a bit nervous as it was my first evening maiden flight and I only had around 15 minutes before it got dark. Wind was around 9-15 knots and plenty of cross winds. But, after few minutes, you'll start hearing me laughing

Google+

Wildthing, jimbosflyin and FlyteTime like this.
  19. A few stills from the last flight. :) Such a pretty bird.

PI F-15 Silent Eagle Flight 3 2018_0816_Moment(6)1.jpg PI F-15 Silent Eagle Flight 3 2018_0816_Moment(5)1.jpg PI F-15 Silent Eagle Flight 3 2018_0816_Moment(7)1.jpg PI F-15 Silent Eagle Flight 3 2018_0816_Moment(8)1.jpg

20. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.