Parkflyers International Boeing F-15 Silent Eagle G2R: Another Obsession, Another Stunning Project

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Aug 4, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Was I right or was I right?

You did an incredible job in building, painting and puttings decals on it Wildthing! Freakin' awesome! Kudos!!

Here's my progress of the F-15 Silent Eagle. It continues to follow the Typhoon, SU-30SM, F/A-18, T-38 and F-14D scale look. Love it! [​IMG][​IMG]

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hami21, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  3. Thanks Bimo

4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I have all the parts cut out already.:cool:I've been flying almost every morning doing small repairs from the soybeans eventhough I'm getting better glideing in on top of them softly.

5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I can't waite to see your choice of paint scheme Bimo.I really can't waite to see your excitement when you throw it in the air.:D

Lgel, Hami21, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I think I will go with Ferris paint scheme. Don't have much time to go for details, so will have to compromise with simplicity jimbosflyin.

Well, watching the pic of your F-15 flying already multiple my excitements already can't wait to finish mine and toss it in the air.

Google+

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Lgel, Hami21, Wildthing and 2 others like this.
  7. I am hoping tomorrows weather is good, day off ;) and I plan on getting all the gear in tonight. Going to test out the little GepRc 2306 2750kv quad motor that Scott had tested. 40A esc and 6X3 TGS prop.

Printing a motor mount adapter for it right this minute. :)

bimoadiprakoso and homey666 like this.
  8. What do you damage the most? All the front leading edges glue on some balsa, light weight and takes a lot more beating compared to plain foam.

9. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I use bamboo skewers on my LE edges of my wings,I just get sticks stuck into the fuse mostly but I like going to the field with a unblemished plane.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  10. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Jeff i dont have worlds to comment....!! YOU ARE THE MAN!! AMAZING JOB AMAZING!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

wow that's really nice,thats going to be hard to beat that paint job.

12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I was thinking of building the f15 but im liking the a10 so might hang on for this one.

13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Andy. Thanks Jimbosflyin loves this plane so much which I believe I will too The flight envelope of the earlier F-15 G1 version flew so nice and I believe this G2R will be much faster while sharing the similar flight envelope. I think it's a refinement over the first G.

A-10 will still be months away from now Andy Please be patient.

Talking about F-15, it's a hot topic now as the F-15s were chasing down the stolen Bombardier aircraft. What a coincidence

Google+

14. Thanks Hami

Thanks Andy

15. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

16. Only 1 battery and 1 flight today so far. PI F15 Silent Eagle Maiden Flight. 1st toss it did get a little thump, needed more pitch and moved the battery back about 1/2" , 2nd toss much better. 1st toss just gave it a round little nose but really no damage. Flies really nice, my snag is I only have 1 1800 3S battery which balances this guy really nice so quick multiple runs aren't going to happen. Now to tune down the roll a bit and then increase the throws for pitch, I am maxed out on the dr for elevators so will need to change my servo arms.

17. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Mine handled great also Jeff,I said it flew nice.I liked the way it tracked around so smooth.

18. Yes it did track nice, once I get the throws set and dr/expo dialed in . The landing was smooth as silk. ;)

My wife likes this one, she doesn't want me to fly it :D , not sure why? ;)

19. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Wildthing, .... that's a schweeet piece of built and airborne footage! It made my heart paced high looking at the video. It's FAST and well tracked!! No wonder the F-15 is considered as the best hardware that flies. Congratulations Jeff, ... errrr, I mean Wildthing!

Can't wait to finish mine

Google+

Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  20. When you find out, let me know

Although I keep thinking that its coz she paints them so well, she doesnt want to see it go down.