Parkflyers International Boeing F-15 Silent Eagle G2R: Another Obsession, Another Stunning Project

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Aug 4, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

On 17 March 2009, Boeing first displayed a F-15SE demonstrator. The F-15SE was designed to use fifth-generation fighter technology, such as radar-absorbing materials, to significantly reduce its radar cross-section (RCS). It would have possessed a level of stealth that the U.S. government would have allowed for export, being optimized for air-to-air missions (against X-band radars) and much less effective against ground radars (which use other frequencies). Different levels of RCS reduction were studied, and Boeing stated that this stealth will only be in the range of fifth-generation aircraft such as the F-35 Lightning II from the frontal aspect.

Unique features to the F-15SE were the conformal weapons bays (CWB) that would have replaced the conformal fuel tanks (CFT) to hold weapons internally – thus reducing fuel capacity – and the twin vertical tails canted outward 15° to reduce RCS. Weapons can also be carried externally on hardpoints under each wing. New build F-15SEs were to be lighter and more fuel efficient than Strike Eagle conversions due to the canted tails, fly-by-wire controls, and digital electronic warfare equipment; enabling two additional weapons stations on the wings. The aircraft was to have a Raytheon active electronically scanned array radar, and a new BAE Systems EW system.

upload_2018-8-4_18-26-48.png

All was started when jimbosflyin, Wildthing and me were having a sudden discussion of our next project, which led to an F-15. However, we PI has F-15 Speedbuilt and F-15C G1 already. So, the next F-15 should be a bit different. It brought us all to the idea of designing, the F-15 Silent Eagle which has some slight differences with common F-15, specially on the v-tails. One thing that we agreed to was, it has to have:
    1. Much better scale lines and looking than our earlier designs
    2. It will have rear mounted pusher motor
    3. Airfoil wings
    4. Rigid structure
    5. Easier built than some of more complex designs we had earlier
    So, we started the project immediately. The happy moments started when we saw the 3d depron model, designed with Rhinoceros 6.0. However, we decided to remove the left and right missile bays to give it a slimmer look. The v-tails give a bold signature to it.

upload_2018-8-4_18-32-17.png

Wildthing and I were quite consumed with work, so jimbosflyin managed to built and flew it first. His built was a showcase of an outstanding building skill that makes the F-15 Silent Eagle looks like a storebought plane. Welldone, jimbosflyin.

There are few cuts and panels that might look and feel fragile before construction is completed. With care during construction phase, the result will surely give high satisfaction and surprisingly very rigid structure. With just only 1 carbon rod supporting the wing, it gives none flex so far. The new wing design is also adding one to our list of wing construction methods.

This F-15 Silent Eagle is really a joy to look at as it gives more scale looking than our earlier F-15 designs. A huge pleasure, just to look at the model. Jimbosflyin will share more details on this project. Wilthing and I will catch up soon when we manage to steal some time in between our schedules.

We hope this F-15 Silent Eagle G2R could enrich PI parkjets lineup and bring joy to builders and flyers.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

The P I F-15 G2R will be a beutifull addition to anyones hanger.It will be an easier build for many and require you to have fun.

Snapshot - 2.png

3. Somebody has to take Jimbo's knife away ;) ;)

Mine is finally going together but still a ways away from being done. very cool looking park jet.

2018_0803_092740_002.JPG 2018_0803_092756_004.JPG

4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

WIN_20180722_12_06_11_Pro.jpg WIN_20180722_12_06_30_Pro.jpg WIN_20180722_12_05_10_Pro.jpg The scale lines and looks are an eye catcher for sure,I was stopped several times on the way to the field to discuss it with people that followed me.

5. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Amazing job you have done there guys! A piece of art!! Congarts!!

6. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Oh yeah,I have a lot of fun with them ever since I put them on the SU-30SM.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

What a progress you have there, Wildthing. I made some progress this weekend as well. What a built. I didn't think it was this easy to construct the airframe.
    Hahaha! That's an awesome news, jimbosflyin I must admit, we've reached details to where we haven't come up with, before. And you've proven that it flies as good as the real one.
    Really appreciate it Hami. All builders and flyers like you that keep us motivated to get better and better. Thank you!
    What a great addition jimbosflyin

Google+

8. Well a little wedge filling and sanding done, next to add some gear and after that I have to think about painting , I really don't like painting. :(

2018_0805_103348_001.JPG 2018_0805_103353_002.JPG 2018_0805_103359_003.JPG 2018_0805_103410_004.JPG 2018_0805_103418_005.JPG

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

What a beauty there Wildthing Your wedge filling technique is one of the best I've seen.

So, what paint scheme you're thinking of for this bold one?

Google+

10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

12. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Oh that's RICH! LOL. :D

bimoadiprakoso, malukk and Wildthing like this.
  13. There are a few of you people on this forum that are on my black list for painting. ;) No matter how good mine is you guys just throw paint at it and it comes out spectacular. I HATE YOU :D :D :D :D

14. You just need to send your planes over to my wife for painting. Although I am not sure if you would get them back though

bogusbandit56, Hami21, Lgel and 4 others like this.
  15. They would come out looking perfect . Plus me never getting them back means I wouldn't crash them and they would stay pristine . ;)

16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

HaHaHAHa,I'm laughing my ass off right now Jeff.Thanks I needed that.Hey you wouldnt know why I don't have the tool bar on the top of my reply box all of a sudden do you ?

17. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

18. Lgel

Lgel Ace Pilot

People in this forum are so nice to paint jobs, they even liked two of my paint jobs I was ashamed of.

But there are real artists no doubt here, their paint jobs would make look scale a barn door!

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018