Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi guys. Just wanna share an update ...

THIS LITTLE GUY ... FLIES SO WELL!

You're so right Wildthing, when I tossed it at 60 deg angle up, it immediately cruised in straight path on 60% throttle. On ground test, 50% throttle gave more than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio already.

It's nimble, agile as well as super stable. I didn't use flaps much as it floated nicely.

Did a stupid thing on the ground before flight. When I recharged the battery, it seemed that my friend's charger was beeping and I thought it was mine, finished. So immediately I unplugged the battery from my charger, and placed in on the A-10. During maiden flight, the throttle cut was active at low voltage so it landed but survived the maiden

This little guy flies slow and fast without issue. The lowest throttle with flaps was 20% and it's still cruising.

Jimbosflyin, get your A-10 airborne and experience the fun! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    malukk, homey666, andy_downs and 3 others like this.
  2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Glad you were able to get it in the air Bimo.:D

3. Told you. :)

4. I don't really think this guy needs flaps at all, I am sure I was down to 10 - 15% throttle and it didn't stall.

5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Thanks, jimbosflyin :) you're gonna have the same experience flying it too, soon. Yesterday morning felt like "Mmm .... mmmm .... mmmust ..... fff ... f .. ff .. fly .... thiss .....ppp ... plane ..." :confused:

I will remove the flaps so it will be free of the excessive 25g of extra servos ;)

I think I am now thinking of building the 105 version of it. Man!!! Why is it feeling that I need 10 hands, 36 hours a day and gallons of coffee in order to do the 105, F-2 design as well as YF-23 rear mounted? Hahahaha :D

Google+

andy_downs, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  6. I sent you the plans, just print them off and start building. ;)

andy_downs and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  7. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I'm really liking the 105 version Bimo,looks like the ideal size.

8. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Will do, Wildthing. However, I feel that the bigger size would need some reinforcement for the wing. Let me try to look for 0.5mm carbon strip. I feel that it should be enough to hold the wing without flex. Thinking about getting a compact airbrush unit as well :D Oh, and I might buy spare times as well. Need a bunch of it :D LOL

Everyone at the club loved this A-10 eventhough it's the original 100% size. But with the 105, I think it would be adorable :D but not cute.

Got a low pass pic from a screen shot. I'm imagining it performing the .... BBBRRRRRRTTT!!!! :p

upload_2018-11-21_20-50-48.png
    (edited)

Google+

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

10. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  11. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Bimo,what I ment by saying that I don't prefer flat wings like Deltas I guess is becouse I loose sight of them to easy.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  12. I don't like flat wings as they just don't look as cool. ;)

jimbosflyin and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  13. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Got it, jimbosflyin ;)

I was actually thinking of redoing more scale YF-23 with wing type like F-14D, driven by rear mounted pusher :D That ATF jet has been my love at first sight :p

Permission to experiment with it, after finishing the F-2 design guys :) Wanna experiment with alternative aileron design for sandwich wingplate. Meanwhile, the progress of the F-2 is shown below. I haven't got much spare times these days.

upload_2018-11-22_18-26-8.png

Oh, btw. I found a supplier for 3mm depron just today. Placed an order for 2 sheets of 1m x 1m size.

Google+

jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

just got to stock up on glue and buy one more servo and I will be good to go,not even started and im thinking of colour scheme,the artic scheme as really taken my eye.

15. LOL, frick you are as bad as Jimbo, paint scheme before it's even started on. :)

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I usually have two paint schemes picked out before we even have the plans started.:rolleyes:

17. You both make me sick. ;)

18. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

This one is going in the booth tonight. WIN_20181122_16_52_16_Pro.jpg

19. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hahaha I keep on laughing to myself reading posts as we make fun of ourselves as well. Thanks guys.

Andy, you may want to remove the flaps from it as it may be useless. On my next built, I will surely remove it and it will surely get at least 25g less weight from 2 servos removal. Besides, flaps function can be provided through ailerons.

Wildthing, jimbosflyin ... that's it, I'm getting my airbrush soon it would surely be useful for the next A-10, F-2 and YF-23. Year end's holiday, ... here I come

Jimbosflyin, that's a good looking PI A-10. Looks coming out from a manufacturer ready for paint job and prepared for an aeromodeling show

Google+

20. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Your going to love the airbrush Bimo,I still use one of mine from when I was 12 yrs old.I could shadow every panel line if I wanted to,the limits are endless