Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

one problem with my hatcam is when launching and flying close you end up like this. Marty_Feldman_3.jpg

2. :D :D :D

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  3. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

only just looked at this one as the cam batt went flat but it its got about 3/4 of the vid on it,i was just doing slow and fast passes to see how it handled,in a nut shell very good,very pleased.

4. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hi Newt. The only reason why dihedral is a must is that the real A-10 carries dihedral wings :) And I now love and enjoy flying my planes scale too. That's the reason why we head to rear mounted motor since F/A-18.
    Andy, I couldn't do better in flying and documenting my flights. Welldone! And your A-10 behaved so well just like the rest of ours
    Hahahaha! That guy looks like Barry Manilow!

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

5. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

well nearing compleation of the twin A10,probally the worst part of any build now done the dreaded gap filling,so tomorrow will trim and fill all the imperfections and maybe a paint job,thinking artic scheme.

6. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

tradition at our club is the boxing day morning fly(or chat and mince pies) so took the A10 and had eight successful six min flights,people are going to love this plane.

7. So far mine has been flawless also other then twice my esc has cut out, quickly back to 0 throttle and back up and away it goes but flying is just super. Peter had an issue with torque roll on launch and crashed his which is to bad, mine has shown 0 torque roll so not sure what happened.

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  8. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

that's a shame,ive not noticed any torque roll either,on a standard 3s 2200kv setup its probally my fastest jet so far great for those low fast strafing runs,brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.as long as its launched directly into the wind I cant understand the crash issue unless the tail or somethings not quite square.mines got unlimited vertical and gradually goes to one side but that could be sorted cutting out rudders and re glueing to compensate for the drift but its that minor I shant bother.wheres them tanks.

bimoadiprakoso, hwilton and Wildthing like this.
  9. hwilton

hwilton Airman

No torgue roll with twin contra-rotating props...coming soon when I finish the build...busy family Xmas!

10. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I just mushed the nose on one of mine,rainy week end easy fix.

11. WHAT?????? :D :D

12. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Slow low turn stall.:cool:

13. Did you video it?

14. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Didn't even bring the cam with me.

15. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

All fixed and ready to remaiden tomorrow if the weather co-operates. I've decided I was too hot on the throttle on launch first try. Maybe a little aggressive on the aoa as well! Too excited I guess!

Peter

16. Ok, good luck. Maybe less throttle but then give it a hard chuck.

You probably did do this so no screaming but make sure the control surfaces are going the right way, stupid me has down that. :D

17. Hey Peter do you side arm the launch or overhand? I do the overhand myself, tried the side arm and I just couldn't let go at the right time a put it into a slight spin which then of course ended up in a crash. :)

18. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Ya, I do side arm. I'll do overhand. Might as well! Thanks mang.

Peter

19. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

nearly there,sort the linkages and put the rx in and balance so next weekend should be the maiden weather permiting. DSCF1673.JPG DSCF1680.JPG DSCF1677.JPG

20. bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.