Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

cant wait to fly mine,ive got thur and fri off work but the weather don't look to good but maybe I can squeeze in a flight between the showers.

2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

REC_0001_Moment.jpg My P I A-10 ARCTIC BLAST took it to the skies today for its maiden flight and was even more fun to fly at 105%.ya have to be happy with a successfull maiden. IMG_20181219_144902.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Jimbo! That top shot is a beaut!

Peter

4. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Thanks peter,I haven't had so much fun flying,I flew four batteries thew it and wanted more.I'm taking it back out in the morn before bad weather comes in the afternoon,three inches of rain and 50mph winds.:cool:

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  5. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I'm all charged up and ready,hoping for a break in the weather tomorrow even if its half an hour,i don't think ive flown for about a month so I'm eager to maiden.

6. Awesome Jimbo
    She does fly like a dream :)

7. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

jimbosflyin, ... what a pleasant feeling I have here knowing that you finally flew the Arctic Blast :) Congratulations! The first pic is just brilliant with the sun flares as well. Looks like a real A-10 there. And the second one, no less than a gorgeous pose there :cool:

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

andy_downs, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  8. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Thanks Bimo,I put this one up there with the SU-30SM.They have to be my most favorite plnes to fly.

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

So we both have the same favorites, jimbosflyin ;) Top 2 for me are the SU-30SM and A-10 now. I haven't flown the F-2A yet. It could possible enter the top planes and change it to Top 3 :D

Google+

10. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

OUCH bl--dy stupid OUCH

11. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

jimbosflyin likes this.
  12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

not my finest hour,must find a warmer hobby as my fingers are only DSCF1664.JPG just coming too.nice and sunny but with a brisk cross wind which meant launching into the sun so I went for a cross wind launch for a maiden,not a good idea,that and to much elevator set on the tranny she stalled and nose planted her self,i should no better after all these years but I think the call for a warm home was calling to strongly.not to bad but annoying but she still flew although with to much on the movements making it very sensitive.if its come out I shall post vid soon.

13. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

roll on the warmer weather,didnt realise I had knocked the camera so its not quite in shot.had a couple of flights with ole faithful(SU) I will post as well.

14. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Fantastic Andy,flies nice don't you think ?I had the same problem with the sun and wind as you can see in my previous top pic.So into the sun she went and I managed to see it once I banked it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  15. Ouch !!!! That sucks. Just for the sake of it next launch go atleast 60% throttle and at a 45 degree angle. It takes of straight as an arrow with no torque roll affects even with the higher throttle.

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  16. LOL, last few times out same thing, wind coming from the sun and you can't see squat for the first few critical seconds :D

17. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

looking prettier and more hog like again,changed it slightly moving bulkheads and building freehand so I can move the battery further forward. no real rush as the rains back again. DSCF1665.JPG

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Sorry to know the nose had a hard kiss with the ground, Andy. It's pretty much like having a bad feeling in the beginning amd something happened. Then when we had nothing to loose feeling after, everything seemed to be working fine. Encountered that many times here as well.

May be that's why it's called gut feeling no guts no glory.

Congratulations on the maiden mate. With the new nose, I'm sure no one will know it had a nose transplant. Well done!! The video showed it behaved well. The sound showed that you also hit 30-40% throttle and it's still cruising in the harsh wind.

Google+

19. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

ready to go again along with my new untested video hat,the weather might just be good enough to have a few flights tomorrow fingers crossed. DSCF1666.JPG

20. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

That's awesome! Love the coordination.

Peter