Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Whoops, I thought you were talking about the F2 . Yes the A10 has the other GepRc motor in it.

2. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

nice,i really like the look of that.

3. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

just realised,its a good job its not maiden weather I haven't mended my camera rig,job of the day.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  4. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

the hard bit done,motors installed so progress should be fairly normal now. DSCF1661.JPG

5. Did you angle them down towards the cg point? On my large twin my motors are at about an 8 degree angle down.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  6. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

they set roughly the same angle as the rear motor would be,looks to be about neutral so will be a case of suck it and see,if it survives the 1st flight I can use some washers to tilt them.

7. Make sure to add a little up elevator for the first test flight. Oh and do Scott's method for shimming, toothpicks work great for wedges and you just have to loosen the screws not take them right out.

8. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

that's a great idea with the tooth picks especially as its fiddly to get the motors in and out.

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Means a lot to me, and so happy knowing that everyone is having good times with this beta project of the A-10 with single and twin motors big thanks guys.

WOW!!! It finally made it its maiden flight successfully! Congratulations, Wildthing!

Errr ..... mmm ... must .... look ... f ...ff .. for time .... to .... f ...ff .. finish mine ....

Slowly, I've just completed installing the servos and its rods to my F-2, along with wedges filling with home made spackles. I need to fit it the ESC and rx. Extension cables were measured and cut already.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

Wildthing, jimbosflyin and andy_downs like this.
  10. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I don't believe it,bright sunny blue skys and no wind and ive got nothing charged or ready to fly plus other things to do,so much to listening to weather forcasts,total opposite.

11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

managed to do a little bit more,motors wired in and tested and fins and nacs all glued in place.just been checking how its going to balance and with a 3s 2200 balances easy with room to move the batt either way ,1st ways 22oz and the second only ways 24oz which could be cut even further if I went for 20a esc but I have plenty of 30a ones which is good as I don't have to uprate them if I choose to use 4s. DSCF1662.JPG DSCF1663.JPG

12. Looking good Andy.

13. Hey Andy, looking close at the props, are they the same direction?

14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

t
    to be honest ive not even looked I just picked them so to give me some idea of the cg.

15. Run counter rotating if you got

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Sweet progress on the 2nd built, Andy :cool: Plenty of rooms for sure in the compartments.

BTW, I don't think I have shared my video of my A-10 maiden flight. So sorry guys. Been crazy busy these days. So, here's the video of it. I was too stupid when plugging out the battery from it's charging plug after hearing some beeps that in fact, came out from my friend's charger instead of mine :confused: So, the battery wasn't full, yet the A-10 survived an emergency landing once the motor stopped rotating.

Wildthing, jimbosflyin, ... should we start the F-2A thread?

Google+

andy_downs, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  17. Excellenty :)

18. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

andy_downs, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  19. Out for another spin with the PI A-10, such a good stable flyer. motor cut out again but a quick back to 0 throttle and it cut right back in so something going goofy with the esc.

andy_downs and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  20. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

I would simply say, "Snowflake simply reflects groundbreaking milestone of our parkjet lineup!". Fantastic flight, Wildthing :)[​IMG]

105, .... here I come!! :D LOL

Google+

andy_downs, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.