Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Well built, Andy good luck with the maiden, my friend. Don't forget the BRRRTT

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

hwilton and Wildthing like this.
  2. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I maidened my 100 % A-10 this morning and it really took me by suprise how well it flew,going back with the 105% later on today.

3. Both of mine flew great , with the 3D printed engines it is more aerodynamic and has a little more speed to it but otherwise the same.

4. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

not sure when my maiden will take place as the weathers not on my side at the moment.

5. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Ditto

6. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

YEAHH!!!! Congratulations on the maiden of the A-10, jimbosflyin! :cool: So, 3 planes just confirmed that this one is one helluva keeper ;) Hope to build the 105 once I'm finished with the F-2.

Waiting for homey, Andy and hwilton for their maidens :) Hope the weather could get much friendlier soon guys.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

7. hwilton

hwilton Airman

Starting work on my A-10 twin pusher project by building a test power unit with part of rear fuse.

Extending the Engine Mounts by 1cm and reinforcing fuse to carry HK2612 1900Kv motors allows clearance for 3 blade 5042 Quad props on back of jet engine pods. DSC00532.JPG DSC00531.JPG

8. Awesome. :)

9. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

you beat me to it,ive been cutting out my big plan tonight and goin to do it as a twin.so by the time the weather changes I probally have two to maiden. DSCF1658.JPG

10. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I actually bought my motors to convert my other su to a twin,the twin su is still my fav so the a10s got a lot to live up to.

11. 2018_0916_091735_003.JPG

12. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I was thinking of putting rudders on it but at 40 inch I think I leave it to the motors to turn it.i cant wait for some nice weather.now back to cutting out the rest before bed time.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  13. No, look into the engines. :D :D

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

the second one builds a lot quicker than the 1st.if the weather don't soon get better I will have hundreads to maiden,(well a few anyway,) DSCF1659.JPG

15. Not sure where to post it, but here is the maiden of the new PI F-2 Viper. :)

16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Good job Jeff,looked a little twitchy in the wind.

17. oh I did have the A-10 out for a spin also, was a little short though, the motor cut out. Nice Once I landed and picked it up it started no problem so not sure what the issue is, can't see the esc overheating as it is on the bottom outside of the fuse so wide open. Oh well, good thing this guy glides nice.

18. Most of that was probably me, I didn't have enough up trim so I couldn't relax the stick.

19. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Was that the other Geprc motor ?

20. No this was just the cheap Banggood Racestar 2212 2450kv motor, I did have it on 4S with a 6x4 APC prop, good thing it is cold out. :D