Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Well sorry about your computer problems but the engines look good. :) Mount them onto the plane (don't glue yet) so you can determine the exact bottom of the cylinders and mark it. The seams of the nozzles or cones line up with those marks, you then will have a left and right engine so mark that also .

2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

andy_downs, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  3. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I was not really looking forward to building the engine pods but they now finished ready for fixing to the fuselage and I cant believe how easy and simple the parts were to fit together and looking good bringing the plane alive.sorry no pics at the mo.

4. LOL, it was a very simple plane to build. The wing was a little tricky but once done smooth sailing from there on.

5. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

If I may chime in, it is a comfy build, but you have to plan gluing things together after servos are installed. Made my brain work, at least!

Peter

6. At our age we need something to keep that brain working LOL.

7. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

pods and fins not glued on yet but she looks like a Hog.it will soon be ready for filler and paint,no rush as the weathers not lookin all that good. DSCF1645.JPG DSCF1646.JPG

8. Looks awesome Andy except I don't like the location of the elevator servo. Tall grass or weeds you might be tearing it out. You could build a little foam cowl to go over it covering the front half to act like a skid plate just incase.

bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  9. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

although I don't have the problem of tall grass and weeds that's a good idea better safe than sorry.

10. Better safe then sorry. I also gave the tail skid a little coating of epoxy on the bottom edge, even with the multiple landings already there is 0 damage to the foam from skidding..

11. hwilton

hwilton Airman

Will we be able to get the plans for Xmas?

bimoadiprakoso, andy_downs and JTiger like this.
  12. There are no build instructions yet. Bimo is the guy that does all that and he is super busy with work right now. He has 2 sets of instructions to do but maybe send him a private message and see what happens.

Cheers
    Jeff

bimoadiprakoso, andy_downs and JTiger like this.
  13. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Homey's Hawg is getting there.
    Taped off, bit of sanding still on the canopy and then paint. This is definately heading in a good direction!

Peter IMG_20181205_210939_261.jpg

14. Looks great Peter

15. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Welldone, Andy :cool: Looks like she'll be ready for her maiden flight soon.

Schweeet li'l bird, homey :cool: I'm kinda curious how you would express yourself with the A-10, just as we had watched your video of the F/A-18 G1R :D

Hi hwilton :) I will try my best to make the A-10 G1R available for this holidays along with the F-15 SE G2R. I'm totally burdened with year's end work and paperwork at the moment while finishing the F-2A/F-16 G3R design as well.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

andy_downs and jimbosflyin like this.
  16. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

A sneak preview of what we've accomplished with the F-2A/F-16 G3R (G2R was exclusively constructed by jimbosflyin and he had given the team many enhancements so we could go for G3R) project.

upload_2018-12-7_8-6-59.png

So, the parkjet plan would give the option for the builders to construct F-2A or F-16, within a single plan. Only minor changes exist between the two. And it should be an easy construction too, with fairly minimum cuts.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

jimbosflyin, Wildthing and homey666 like this.
  17. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Weather is not conducive to flying and decided to purdy it up.
    This is a Peter special. All foamboard. Paper left on all control surfaces. Peeled the rest.
    $4 of foam. Bimo, Jeff and Jimbo have a beauty here!

Peter 20181207_212932.jpg 20181207_212956.jpg 20181207_213033.jpg

18. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

back on line again,a few hundread pound shorter in the bank balance but hopefully the new laptop wont let me down and I can start back on the hog.

19. Looks great Peter

bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  20. That's one way to fix computer. :)