Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

a little bit more done,taking shape already,the hobbyking glue does the job but I wouldn't really recommend it though,very thick and stringy. DSCF1639.JPG

2. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I need help,every time I plug my camera into my lap top to upload pictures it freezes the laptop and I have to turn off and restart.

3. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

When my hand held camera was doing that to me I started takeing my bench picture with the camera on my lap top if yours has one.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  4. Is there anything you can try that is different, say different usb port and cable. Do you have to turn on the camera manually once it is plugged in or does it do it automatically? Start up the windows program before you plug in the phone. Anything just to see if it changes.

JTiger, bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  5. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

started the wing tonight,ready to fold and glue but its to late in the evening and I don't want to rush this stage.i will also try different ports for my camera tomorrow.

6. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

slowly does it.i don't like using my glue gun as you have to be quick and im not plus mines a bit to hot,i must invest in a better one,that said the wings went together very easy so no need to panic.it looks like being another wet weekend so should get a good few hours on it. DSCF1640.JPG DSCF1641.JPG

7. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

I was wondering about the wing tips should they be bent down like the fullsize . I notice yours are left straight as on the plan so ive gone with that.

8. You could score on the inside edge and fold them down, I left mine straight out.

I know they aren't on the plans but make sure to cut some holes for the servo wires . I just left the servos loose and pulled the wires through to the center of the wing and added my Y lead to them. I taped the connections so when I went to install the wing and had to pull the wires through they wouldn't come disconnected . The servos I just left dangling until I was ready to install the wheel pods. If you go back in the thread there should be pictures.

9. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

thx for that,i might try the wing tips after the maiden,as for the servos im going to chanel the foam and tape over the leads for easy access incase I need to change servos at any time.if I go quite its because im having laptop problems,it keeps freezing at random now.

10. Go through all the programs you have installed and uninstall ones you never use, free up some memory, especially any anti virus software. Years ago I had Norten Anitvirus, at the beginning great but everytime it did an update the computer got slower and slower until the point it just kept crashing, uninstalled it and computer was up to speed again.

11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

ive still got plenty of space and haven't installed anything new but I do have got Norton which is playing about so I may try that thx.

JTiger, bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  12. It is not necessarily the room on the hard drive, all the programs even if not open have things in the background running and eating up memory space not storage space. Do the control,alt, delete buttons and open up task manager and look at what is using memory.

JTiger and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  13. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

another nice benefit of this plane is that I can finally use up some of my short off cuts of carbon tube.just remembered ive got to add the extra tail tubes DSCF1642.JPG

14. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Only add them if you feel that you need them Andy,I had them added in becouse Depron will not be used anymore and all other foams will need some extra stiffness in this area like mine did with MPF.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  15. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

should the bottom sheet cover the sides or have I cut it wrong although it looks the same as the plan DSCF1643.JPG

16. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

That's the way mine was Andy,I filled it with foam strips and sanded .I also glued strips along the whole edge for the bottom to sit and glue on to.

17. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

thx that what I intended doing,just thought it could be left a little wider so not having to add strips just sanding needed.

18. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

HaHa,that would be to easy:rolleyes:.

19. I filled those gaps also. ;)

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  20. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

another day wasted only the engine pods started.spent 6 hrs sorting laptop,was told to reset it to factory settings (very hard to do when it keeps freezing) but finally got it done so took a photo and uploaded it only for my laptop to freeze DSCF1644.JPG again,me thinks it needs proper help.