Parkflyers International A-10 Thunderbolt II G1R: Learning Process That Leads to More Excitements

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by bimoadiprakoso, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

not a lot of difference between most parts but does notice on the wing. DSCF1637.JPG

Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  2. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Welldone, Andy! :cool: Good to know you have sorted the issue out. You're gonna loooove this little guy :p Three of us do and it delivered us big surprises. Even Wildthing was flying it today in minus 8 deg snow and he kept on loving it :D:D:D

I will build my 105 (that would be the final released plan) after I finish the F-2 design and build it. Was thinking of the rear mounted of YF-23 but I think it could wait next year ;) Besides, we have several unreleased rear mounted airfoil plans like Eurofighter, F-15 Silent Eagle, and this A-10. The F-2 will follow soon. With jimbosflyin experimenting earlier on F-16, we have a hunch that the F-2 will fly nice as well. It carries similar wing area to the SU-30SM.

Looking forward to see you enjoying the A-10, Andy! ;)

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

andy_downs likes this.
  3. Printers/software can be funny, not sure which plane but not long ago I went to print a replacement piece, zoomed in and hit print view at 100%, well the piece came out distorted. It was larger then it was suppose to be but it wasn't scaled up perfectly, the width didn't match the height. Still haven't figured out that one.

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  4. Even though I hadn't posted it yet but Bimo was stalking me LOL, I did take the A10 out for a spin today, I cut the flight short because I think the servos were freezing up. Last turn it acted funny and didn't respond properly or as normal. Landing was still smooth as silk but my Gatling gun did fall off. :D

5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I went with my own paint scheme on this one,Since Wildthing has his "SNOWFLAKE"I now have the "ARCTIC BLAST" WIN_20181124_19_27_39_Pro.jpg WIN_20181124_19_27_46_Pro.jpg WIN_20181124_19_29_15_Pro.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  6. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

7. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Must have been a typo.:D

8. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

it really does look good in the air even though it made me feel cold just watching,still cant decide on a colour scheme yet ,it might be down to what paint I have to hand,hopefully I should have a few hours to start cutting today fingers crossed.

9. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

a busy day but found time to do my cutting so now a restful evening,most of the pieces cut from my scrap box so very little big sheet used. DSCF1638.JPG

10. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Hey Andy,we just added two small reinforcement rods in the H stabalizer plate to the plan if you would like to add them.

Attached Files:

bimoadiprakoso and andy_downs like this.
  11. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

thx I will do

bimoadiprakoso and jimbosflyin like this.
  12. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Hahaha Stalking? It was announcement on YouTube.

Jimbosflyin, that mew Arctic Blast will be a huge blast! Welldone!

A typo for a purpose LOL

Andy, kindly opt out for the flaps. The final plan will have no flaps on it. My next 105 will be without flaps

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

andy_downs, Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  13. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

not a lot done tonight,trial fitted everything,all good there.glued the spar up then spent ages trying to remove the paper to no avail so given up until I can get some spirit tomorrow.

14. What foam you using?

15. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Pretty sure he's useing MPF,maybe to much spray glue.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  16. Oh, I did that when I first started, had to get the heat gun out and slightly warm it and then it came of nice. Now I just lightly mist it and not a problem and no heat required. .

17. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I haven't glued a single plan to the foam ever.I use small weights to weigh them down.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  18. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

using depron some new and some a friend gave me,the friends depron is where the trouble is,weather he had sprayed it before I don't know but ive just tried wiping it with some spirit and it just falls off,just about to do a bit more and try hobbykings foam glue as I goy it for free.

19. If it is glue if you just heat it up with a heat gun it should come loose also, just don't melt the foam. ;)