news outa USA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thunder, May 14, 2018.

1. I agree 100%, my view is they all start off innocent with the right intentions and soon as they are elected 180 degree turn so none can be truly trusted.

Flybyknight22 and bogusbandit56 like this.
  2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

They fall into the pockets of the lobbyist.
    Money makes the world go round, so they say.
    You need to be a very motivated person to enter the political arena but their motives are all wrong.
    I suppose we`re stuck with it because any citizens that try to speak out against it are silenced.
    I think this will be my first and last rant on these subjects.

F1wanabe, FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.
  3. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

[​IMG]
    I remember this episode now.
    It was the late 1970`s and early 80`s that I had a gig as Freddy Mercury`s sex stunt stand in double.
    I would look after the young ladies whilst Freddy went trawling the bars and clubs for young naval ratings.
    I was at the bar asking for cheese and pineapple cubes on cocktail sticks (you can do that when you are a celebrity), anyhow Lo Phat appears by the side of me and accuses me of getting free cheese just because I was a famous queen. I shouted at him "I`m not Elton bloody John you cheeky ba******* and you can see the results for your self.

4. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Bandit,

You still sporting the angry Stash?

Wildthing likes this.
  5. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

I think you’re on to something there Wild.

Pontius Pilate wanted to do the right thing at first but ended up turning over an innocent man to be crucified.

He was probably a libertarian or running on a 3rd party ticket and didn’t need the controversy.

Barabus was cool with it though.

F1wanabe, Wildthing and FlyteTime like this.
  6. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Not on your nelly LOL. It`s very Village People don`t you think?

Flybyknight22, F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  7. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Freedom fighter or terrorist? One mans meat is another mans poison.
    I think Jesus was a very well meaning person but posed a threat to the Jewish establishment.
    Most Roman ethics would be considered barbaric by any modern civilized country.
    This is all I have to say about that.

F1wanabe likes this.
  8. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I knew that my ebike would come in for some flak but I am not bothered as I am an old hippy at heart and I love my mother earth more than anything.
    Most people don`t give her a second thought and are not concerned for their children and grand children. If we keep exploiting the Old Dear like we have there will be nothing for future generations.
    Without her we are all dead and we should all be thankful for her bounties and not abuse her, but greed has put her at great risk and we should all try to do a bit to help.

F1wanabe likes this.
  9. Ian and his bike gang. ;)

44645-95df760d8a5a81e54baa8e372a2438c22e8eaef3-story_inline_image.jpg

10. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

That guy waving looks like me.
    It doesn`t matter how big your hog is as long as you have fun , which these guy`s obviously are:D
    It takes more bottle to ride a small bike than it does a big one:D
    I`ve had some nice comments on my ebike(from 8 year old girls mainly) LOL

F1wanabe, Wildthing and malukk like this.
  11. CrstnJdi

CrstnJdi Airman

Yeah, riiiiiight. *LOL :p

F1wanabe and malukk like this.
  12. CrstnJdi

CrstnJdi Airman

And either fortunate or unfortunate, America has been doing both. *sighs*

bogusbandit56 and F1wanabe like this.
  13. CrstnJdi

CrstnJdi Airman

Wildthing likes this.
  14. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Electric motorcycles are nothing to turn your nose up to. The Isle of Man has an electric division (TT Zero) and those bikes get around the course at an average speed of right at 100 m.p.h. and the Superbikes at roughly 130 m.p.h. Plus the power comes on like a rheostat! Some people think a motorcycle that doesn't have a throaty exhaust just isn't right but I would personally love to have the reduced noise while riding through the countryside. :)

What type of E bike do you own BB?

bogusbandit56 and F1wanabe like this.
  15. All these electric bikes and cars are built using fossil fuels and more, how are the batteries made, heck as they wear out where are we going to dispose of them . There is no energy source that regenerates or is self sufficient without using fossil fuels somewhere down the line. Yes less carbon footprint afterwards but how much larger is the footprint to build it.

Flybyknight22 and F1wanabe like this.
  16. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I wasn't really speaking to the virtues of the carbon footprint, just that the technology has advanced so much and that the prospect of a virtually quiet form of transportation would be very cool. ;) The only way I can think to eliminate fossil fuel use all together in manufacturing and powering vehicles is to go back to the foot powered cars of the Flintstones. :p:p Yabba dabba do. :D This was an American cartoon of the sixties that I used to watch as a kid.
    giphy.gif

This fellow had a great idea but it failed in the end. He was born in my hometown of Mobile, Alabama. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newman's_energy_machine

17. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

Electric motors are very efficient and powerful, it`s the fuel storage system that is the problem (batteries).

FlyteTime and Wildthing like this.
  18. Home every lunch from public school and Flintstones were on at 12 noon. :)

FlyteTime likes this.
  19. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Didn't know it aired in Canada. The modern stone aged family. :) I remember as a kid wondering how the heck the rear stone wheel stayed on the wooden frame, lol. Those were the good ole days where there wasn't a care in the world!

Wildthing likes this.
  20. We do have tv here in Canada... ;)

Flybyknight22 likes this.