NEW Avios Grand Tundra (unbox and flight test video)

Discussion in 'Storebought Planes' started by dominicm, Mar 14, 2018.

1. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

still no hope of getting the grand tundra flying,finally got the batt tray and glue after a lot of insisting,new hatch also arrived but had to cut out the magnets as they were the wrong way round,wires seem to be ok so decided to build it all up,not enough vortex generators,missing nuts for the u/c and flaps on one wing loose and not aligned properly,also the motor sound like its got a loose magnet,i want a exchange plane now but as ive not got the original pakageing so I don't know if that's going to be possible but as they don't list spare wings and motor I don't see what choice they have.moan over.

Lgel likes this.
  2. That sucks, it sounds like you got their box of reject parts.

3. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Reading this is leaning more towards neglect. To make this right they should ship an entirely new plane and just let it go. They have your online receipt, purchase information and the ONLY bullet point they can argue about is shipping.

I'd be making a bunch of noise about this. Poking at them everyday until something happens.

I can't help it but lose a little more respect in HK's products and customer handling skills. It frustrates me just knowing this is happening to the honest customer.

homey666, Wildthing and Lgel like this.
  4. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

H/K have tiold me to send it back so hopefully I shall have a flyable one soon.i wired up the motor tonight and it don't sound to good.

Wildthing likes this.
  5. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

its been a long time coming but ive finally got a new one although its cost me £19 more than any one else having to send it all back but its here and ive just built it all up(so far so good),just the electrics and servos to set up and weathers lookin good for the weekend so I should be maidening it.

6. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

its been a long time coming but ive finally got a new one although its cost me £19 more than any one else having to send it all back but its here and ive just built it all up(so far so good),just the electrics and servos to set up and weathers lookin good for the weekend so I should be maidening it.

Lgel likes this.
  7. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

its taken from march 25thbut its finally met the skies,a bit blustery today but had six nice flights,still got to work out flight times but at least 7 mins leaving a good reserve.

Lgel, TomMonton and Wildthing like this.
  8. Glad you finally got it in the air, can't imagine how frustrating the whole ordeal was.

Lgel and TomMonton like this.
  9. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Congrats !! ... finally huh.

You have definitely earned this one.

Wildthing likes this.