Lipo 'issue'' HELP!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Hami21, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Couldn’t agree more with Jeff’s suggestion. I think it is logical to test continuity using your multimeter to make sure you havent blown the PCB that connects cell 2 and 3. Alternately, check the voltage of individual cells directly on the exposed battery leads. If each of the cells show normal voltage on their leads, then you work your way up...

Hami21 and Wildthing like this.
  2. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hey guys...because I'm not good at my english...i made this video to see and if you can to let me know what should i do...

Wildthing likes this.
  3. At about the 3 minute mark you switched you meter to reading ohms but you were not testing the right way. For continuity you are measuring resistance through 1 circuit, not testing for voltage. For example in that mode when you touch your two probes together the reading is 0 which tells you there is no resistance and that is good. Now say as a example on the positive cable from your battery end hold one probe in there and the other at the soldered joint where that same wire is soldered at the battery. If you have good continuity the reading should be 0.

Just as an example, if I cut the positive wire in the middle you would still show 3.9 V at each cell but no volts at the battery end. Testing each cable/circuit for resistance you will find where the break is.

jimbosflyin and Hami21 like this.
  4. trying2fly

trying2fly Top Gun

For fear of hurting yourself at this point it would be frugal to part with this battery in lieu of a new one. It is not worth a burned hand or a spark flash to the eye....chas

jimbosflyin and Hami21 like this.
  5. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hey guys!! I have great newssss!! Finally one good friend of mine (he is car electrician) have found where the problem was ;) :) he found that in this point that i have the pen it was the (leak) ;) resoder that spot and now i have 4 batteries hehehe next step maiden with F-14 :) :)
    3 of those batteries had the same issue and now all of them are working again!! :) :)

Attached Files:

malukk, jimbosflyin and Wildthing like this.
  6. This is where testing for continuity comes in, not testing for voltage. . Glad it is up and working.

malukk, Hami21 and jimbosflyin like this.
  7. Hami21

Hami21 Ace Pilot

Hopefully now i have 4 of them Thank God! Much more time to fly

malukk and Wildthing like this.