KingKong / LDARC ET 115 - Brushless indoors FPV Quad

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by DutchRC, Apr 20, 2018.

1. :D now That would be cool huh? 1 charge port to rule the all :)

Wildthing and TomMonton like this.
  2. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I do have a single slot battery charger and a mondo 3s battery to run it on. I use this to quick charge my 2s batteries to keep flying if needed.

..... but you have me thinking now. I can use ac to charge the 3s battery and radio overnight. Plug it into the wall and boom. The various aircraft batteries I would use the multicharger and only worry about loading up the lipo bag for in the field.

My only red flag is I'm charging a big lipo in an enclosed area. I would want to monitor that better I think.

This is definitely an idea worth revisiting again though and thank you Jeff :)[​IMG]

Wildthing likes this.
  3. Okee guys. I've been trying my very best to brake this thing.. Not had any 'luck' with that so far :$
    I've flown it into metal pole's repeatedly.. trees.. paved roads..

Ohw well! Here's some more parkflying fun :)

FED50H and TomMonton like this.
  4. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I would agree... she is a fun little bang around bird.

Even though it has a more dampened down... more docile type behavior than a power house multirotor, it's been my goto craft if I want to go out and "try something", ...or explore a new area.

It was my jumping off craft to really start pushing myself in angle mode, find my perspective from inside a camera lens. Knowing I won't need to keep a bag of propellers, tools and toothbrush to scrub out the equipment when I "try something" again allowed me to relax and get a good feel for things.

This one was a good tip Dutch.

I am also forcing myself to NOT buy the next best thing right now I've had my eye on the kk220 and it's new upgrade but I also understand

.... the next, next best thing is only around the corner again. I'll wait to we get a little closer to spring. I am well into the winter season now.

FED50H and DutchRC like this.
  5. :D I actually use mine to test things (like FPV goggles / receivers) with.. And indeed to scout new spots, and it's basically the only quad I fly over pavement..

Have you seen this video by the way? That Might be a nice step up I think?

6. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Yes... I do plan to order the v2 after the holidays too. My 2s batteries were already showing wear, shorter flight times. Getting tired essentially.

It would appear that they've improved video by updating the camera. Let's hope they added osd of some fashion this time.

Two things come to the top on this.

Lower kv motors, higher input voltage will give up a little better torque when trying to catch the copter in a flip or a dive. 2s tends to struggle at this sometimes. I would see an oscillation I could never exactly tune out. I blamed it on the prop guards under certain conditions.

Secondly you should see longer flight time on 3s running a lower kv. I averaged just over 2.5 minutes per flight using 2s and really am starving for a little more flight time.

I'm eager to see your take on the v2 Dutch ... ...your timing is good

FED50H likes this.
  7. :D yes sir.. all very true things.. more voltage is good in a lot of ways :)
    And yep: the new version does have an OSD :)

Ohw and: I actually did Not take my own advice.. I ordered a ET125 V2 (2S).. mostly because I want to be able to compare it to my ET115 v1...

FED50H and TomMonton like this.
  8. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

i just got a torrent myself...very powerful on 3s....but like all quads it does need some mods..landing legs and some different color props....i hope to post a quick review of mine soon...

DutchRC, TomMonton and Wildthing like this.
  9. yes go! I've never tried the Torrent myself (kinda overpriced over here :$)

10. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Flew mine at Dan's this weekend...he has a better front yard...The difference in video quality on Dutch's vs Tom's is quite noticeable....really leaning towards that camera upgrade...I keep telling myself I don't need it...but it is a big difference...

Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  11. Do yourself a favour :)

FED50H likes this.
  12. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Time to go back to the video and get a refresher, then add a camera to the list for Santa...

Wildthing likes this.
  13. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

i still gotta test mine out on a saved video....

Wildthing likes this.