KingKong / LDARC ET 115 - Brushless indoors FPV Quad

Discussion in 'Quadcopters' started by DutchRC, Apr 20, 2018.

1. :D Congrats on breaking it brother! :D You've beaten me to it :)
    Yeah.. no quad is completely bomb-proof ;)

And stop it! I'm trying my best over here Not to allso order up a second one :$

TomMonton likes this.
  2. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I've used JB Weld, foam tac, CA but nothing wants to really stick to this plastic. It needs to be melted and rejoined that way to really hold.

Hot glue is about the only thing that will bite for any length of time ... eventually that also will shake itself loose over time.

Regardless it still flys great as is so there is no immediate worry being this way.

Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  3. I was wondering about that.. the plastick Does look 'different' so I can imagine it can be a challenge to find the right glue..

Q for you: any idea why Kevlar (or is it Cavlar in English :$) isn't used more in this hobby? I have some Kevlar upgrade parts on my Traxxas E-Revo, and it's kinda bomb proof..

I know of ONE frame that uses some kind of kevlar:
    https://www.banggood.com/TransTEC-F...Frame-Kit-6mm-Arm-Carbon-Fiber-p-1300582.html
    Is kevlar unusually expensive? Or hard to machine?

4. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

My guess is carbon fiber is a firmer tension giving up very little flex.

... the other is more flexy ?

5. For sure :)
    Kevlar is far more hard wearing though.. Can't find the right English word for it really.. But well.. bullitproof vests are made out of it for a reason...
    Soooo... kevlar prop-guards? Lipo protectors? etc... I don't come across them though the material seems ideal to me..
    Try buying a sheet of kevlar though... and if you manage to do so: try working on it.. Knives don't get you anywhere.. A Dremel will have a very hard time with it as well :)

6. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

The only other rub I have is the position of the camera lens itself. It rained today but just touch the ground once and it starts to muddy up pretty quick. You can see my point by the line of grass stain across the front.

If it was only a touch higher maybe?
    This thing really cooks in acro mode.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    DutchRC likes this.
  7. LOL :) yep.. I had me some cleaning to do for the last video as well ;)
    I have mine angled Up a bit more now.. it Seems like that has improved things, but it might just have been better luck on my part :)

8. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I did find this though and.... since you have that uber cool new printer you can do this in flexible filament.

I may print this in PLA just to see if it worked but otherwise it would be waay too brittle hanging out on the front that way. [​IMG]

9. That is definately interesting yes :) I printed mine freehand so far (hotglue gun) :p ghehe ;)
    But the glue wouldn't be hard to remove..

FED50H, Wildthing and TomMonton like this.
  10. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Flew my Blade torrent yesterday, after a break from flying...so exciting...it is basically the same, other than the name and the camera on mine is adjustable with lever. Lots of fun in a small package...need to go over to the overgrown field and practice aerobatics...give it a nice cushion for the inevitable crash...

TomMonton and Wildthing like this.
  11. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Well I went ahead and did it anyway and oh boy yes ... a big improvement.

I went forward with the DutchCam mod and installed a runcam swift 2 and boom. I didn't even know all that detail was out there. I ran this on "just default" once post install to see what I had. Very very nice improvement and even better with a few minor adjustments.

I did move the lens up above the line of grass stain and give it a bunch more up-tilt to the viewing angle. That and far less prop guard is crowding up the actual image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Wildthing and DutchRC like this.
  12. :D there you go! world of difference for sure.. Actually seeing stuff is kinda the most important link in the chain huh? :)

Wildthing and TomMonton like this.
  13. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

malukk likes this.
  14. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

you guys may have me convinced...i really want a bigger whoop that is brushless and 2s....will check into this more soon as i get life stuff sorted out....

DutchRC likes this.
  15. You should sir :) I don't have a lot of good proximity flying spots over here, but this quad is definately my favorite for that kind of flying :)

TomMonton likes this.
  16. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

The micro Eagle boasts even better resolution but it lacks the simple OSD features provided in the micro Swift.

That one feature is what led me to the using with the Swift on these aircraft. Did you see any real big returns going with this cam ?

17. Sure.. I think the Eagle is simply kinda The best camera out there, especially in the micro size..
    BUT I would never use it for these ET quads.. it's simply to heavy..

but for proximity flying (in woods) there's kinda nothing better then the Eagle.. You see a lot more..
    NOT that you'd be blind with a Swift offcourse.. (as you can see in my previous video)