Keeping RCPowers Alive!

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by F1wanabe, Apr 26, 2018.

1. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Yes, just discussed with Scott and it should be shortly. Scott is doing a lot of behind the scenes tings to get ready for a nice software update and the cart is part of that. Thanks for your patience!

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  2. DualDesertEagle

DualDesertEagle Ace Pilot

Ok, learning to fly for me may not have happened here but this is where I really started diving deep into the matter. Before joining here I was basically mostly scraping the surface and apart from building a model or 2 by myself from parts kits once in a while I've always used RTF models or ARF models since I didn't trust my building skills all that much. That changed when I finished my F-18 V3 and I will sure as hell build another one of them someday, maybe then full size with a proper drive set.

It's sad to see Dave & co stop making models despite never being able to buy any paid-for ones due to my absolute hate on PayPal's unsafe handling of customer data and me not wanting to get a credit card.
    That said, I still got the MiG-29 V1 and luckily found a link for the X-31 plans so at least I got those yet to try out and I'm sure they'll both be awesome!

3. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Yeah, I hear what you are saying.

Everybody hated to see Dave go.

Do I wish he was back and active in the forum again? Yes, yes I do.

He’s moved on, nothing that I know of will ever bring him back here on a permanent basis but life goes on. I wish him well.

I’m sure FRC and the rest of the fellas running the forum will bring some new and interesting planes for us to build and fly just like Dave used to.

But Hey!, they already have tons of different plans for planes out that people can buy, build dnd fly.

I recommend buying and Building some of those!

They are great planes like the amazing hovering Alpha Jet and The Mig 2.88 just to name a couple, both of which I have had a great time building and flying.

They have already mentioned that the RCP version V planes will be back for sale on the site soon so that’s excellent. Lots more planes there to enjoy!

I always bought more planes from Dave than I ever intended to build or fly simply to support him and this forum. I also bought his “E-Books” for the same reason.

I hope to do the same with the new owners.

This is a good place to hang out with fellow scratch builders and flyers. We need to support it when we can with our purchases of good plans and by participating with others here that enjoy the hobby as much as we do.

I plan to do both.

4. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Just a heads up, while Scott works on the RCPowers cart system, we're making the RCPowers V5 plans available through the FRCFoamies cart.

5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

There wouldn't be enough words to express my personal gratitude for all the efforts in keeping RCP forum alive for all of us.

This forum is surely a warm home for parkjet builders they could find on the web. Weldone RCP team!

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

6. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

these guys are working hard (and losing their own $) keeping this place going. So i'm thankful to them everyday...

7. btoner

btoner Rookie

Picked up the F-22 V5 and T-50 V5 to add to my others.

Going to grab the F-35 V5 next.

Thanks!

... Bill

8. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

F35 is one of my favorite slow fliers! Flaps, Vtails, 2s power system- Love it!

Wildthing and jimbosflyin like this.
  9. btoner

btoner Rookie

Couldn't resist the Black Friday sale and picked up the F-35, F-18, F-16, and SU-34 V5s.

I might not ever get to build them all but if it helps in a small way to keep this site and community going it is worth it.

The real SU-34 is one of my all time favorite airframes. I just find something about the side-by-side seat configuration very cool!

... Bill

10. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

That's awesome Bill, thank you very much for your support, definitely helps to keep this place going.

Jay, from www.frcfoamies.com

F1wanabe likes this.