Keeping RCPowers Alive!

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by F1wanabe, Apr 26, 2018.

1. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Yup. Pay for the plans and the instructions are there. The book series is excellent value as well!

Peter

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  2. Chilll

Chilll Rookie

Already purchased, was asking about whats there in my account. Pdfs were downloaded but the instructions and courses have no download links..

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  3. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

Sorry, my mistake. Not all planes come with instructions.

bimoadiprakoso and Sterling101 like this.
  4. gibby1117

gibby1117 Ace Pilot

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party here - but I'm glad to hear that the future of RCPowers is in good hands :)
    Just under 3 months after I bought my first RC plane (Parkzone mini vapor) in Sept 2013, I discovered RCPowers and purchased the V3 set. I was so inspired by these prop slot, thrust vectoring planes that I could build so affordably... and they flew like nothing else out there! Of course I was nowhere near capable of all the V3 planes could dish out. But as many of us do, I built, crashed, repaired (on repeat) my RC Powers planes for quite some time. I learned SO much from these builds and all the time spent learning to fly on those planes. They're a huge part of my RC story, and I'm very thankful for Dave and the rest of the crew's hard work over the years.
    I've had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Greg. Such a great guy! This transferring to his care is a perfect fit for RC Powers.

5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

We are giving priority to transferring the forum first, then v5 plan sales after that, then, when all of that is transferred and working properly, we can work on some of the older content next. We'll keep you updated, but for sure, anything you have in the download account, make sure it's backed up!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Thanks Gibby, and congratulations on being featured in the excellent episode of Motion RC with your f14!

Rcpowers is such an awesome site and we'll do what it takes to keep it going. So many people out there are going to find it the way we did and when they do, we'll try to help them learn the hobby the way Dave, Shannon and Scott did!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

I am most impressed

.. well done Gibby

8. gibby1117

gibby1117 Ace Pilot

Thanks so much, Greg and Tom! :)

9. CrstnJdi

CrstnJdi Airman

Goog question to ask.

10. jimpalmer

jimpalmer Ace Pilot

Dave and Shannon thanks for all you have done. I have had a lot of fun, building crashing and building again, your designs. Well done and I wish you all the best.

bimoadiprakoso, Lgel and Wildthing like this.
  11. unclejamal

unclejamal Ace Pilot

Hi,
    also from my side: thanks for making RCPowers. The first time i saw the flying schoolbus and also the backyard flying of dave at youtube many many years ago, i first did not started into the world of RC. Many years later, i came over RCPowers again and then there was the wish (since is was a boy) to fly an RCPlane. Shortly, but though a year after that, i built my first plane and learned a lot from this site. Until now i gathered a lot of knowledge from this site and am still flying with joy! Thanks Dave and Shannon (and all the others of their team).
    Now looking to the future, thanks in advance for F1wanabe to take over the forum!

PS: not yet looking into the future ;) i just have realised, that purchasing the RCPower planes is already offline.

12. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Is tomorrow the last day before the switch over of the site F1 ? I don't know if it's my PC or the site not allowing me to upload a file

13. Millergren

Millergren Rookie

Thanks to Dave & Shannon, and to everyone else on the Forum making this such an enjoyable and accessible hobby for someone totally new to rc planes. Found the site last fall, and has been a great adventure from constant crashing & repair to well, at least competent flying with only occasional crashes. Looking for to the forum's next life -

Sterling101 and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  14. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

Hey guys, so I finished performing the transfer to the new server yesterday, the whole site is already running on new hardware. You'll notice for example the home page now redirects to the forum.

There were quite a few discussions on exactly how the transfer would happen, most of them involved moving to new forum software which would have caused everyone to lose their downloads and stuff (which is why the earlier messages said what they did).

So far we think we've figured out how to keep the forum and it's accounts in place, definitely expect some changes in the coming weeks but hopefully one of them won't be replacing the forum software.

If you do run into bugs please send me a PM and we'll take care of things.

15. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Excellent work Scott. I was expecting a lot more upset in doing this but now look .... boom

Impressive work sir

16. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Scott did such an awesome job on the forum transfer! I have an 86 post conversation with another company that I was working with before Scott offered his services. They had written script to make the transfer over a period of 5 weeks. You guys would have lost all your downloads and would have had to re-verify your accounts as Dave mentioned in the announcement. After one conversation and a couple emails between Scott, Dave, Shannon and I, Scott completed the transfer in just a couple hours and with no glitches and no input from me! As a matter of fact, on the day of transfer I was out of data range on my phone:eek:. Scott's experience with RCPowers is priceless. So as Scott says, we've got a whole new RCPowers forum on new servers (yes, I noticed the speed increase too!) and a bright new future all thanks to Scott and ClickSimply.com. Awesome! The PDF plans and Cart are coming next. Thanks for your patience and bear with us as we keep moving forward with the new RCPowers!

17. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I have been trying to upload a file( a picture ) and I get a message that I don't have permision for this action,any clue what up with that ?I never had a problem till now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    malukk, Wildthing and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  18. homey666

homey666 Top Gun

I've noticed that when I "like" something, it doesn't show.

Peter

malukk, Wildthing, F1wanabe and 3 others like this.
  19. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I have been trying to upload a file( a picture ) and I get a message that I don't have permision for this action,any clue what up with that ?I never had a problem untill now and right now it giving a problem posting this reply.
    Same here.

F1wanabe, bimoadiprakoso and homey666 like this.
  20. bobdabilduh55

bobdabilduh55 Top Gun

SAME HERE

F1wanabe, bimoadiprakoso and homey666 like this.