Keeping RCPowers Alive!

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by F1wanabe, Apr 26, 2018.

1. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

Hey guys, yeah happy to be back, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm looking forward to removing the banner at the top saying "RCPowers is Closing", because it's actually just getting started. :cool:

2. I have some white out. ;)

3. flyhighhobbies

flyhighhobbies Administrator

Welcome back, I can't wait to see what's coming up for the future.
    I have built many planes and started from my buddy telling me about this site and got hooked since.

4. FED50H

FED50H Administrator

Fantastic...continuing awesomeness....

5. TomMonton

TomMonton Administrator

Wonderful news ... it feels like we're getting the band back together

Welcome back Scott.

6. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

Welcome back Scott, just like the good old days again! I can see great times ahead, really looking forward to keeping this site going!

Jay, from www.frcfoamies.com

7. callisto

callisto Airman

Adding 2 cents from South Africa: Dave's videos got me interested after I got tired of 90% fiddling and 10% flying with helicopters. To all the members of this fantastically approachable and friendly group: I thank you.

Should any of you travel to South Africa, call on me for a beer! j o h a n f s <a t > g ma il

8. apklug

apklug Airman

Great to have you back!

9. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

Oh my, ..... finest news I read today! :eek: It's gonna be awesooommme!!! :D I only read and heard about you Scott. Fearsome homecoming! (Isn't that like latest Spiderman movie?) :D

Just as Wildthing, I'm a late comer as well.

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

10. EricR

EricR Ace Pilot

Great news!!

11. Argonath

Argonath Top Gun

Welcome Back Scott. Looking forward to what you've cooked up in your absence from RCP

12. Agent_J

Agent_J Cadet

I’ve been holding off on posting on this topic because, well, it makes me sad. While I’m sure Dave and Shannon will check in from time to time, and the return of Scott Lott is very welcome news, an era is ending and I don’t like change.

I found RCPowers very shortly after my brother introduced me to the hobby. A small article in Model Airplane News about Scott Lott’s Firefox brought me to the website, and from that moment on, this has been my go-to site for my R/C questions. Thanks to Dave and Scott and Shannon and Val and Keith, I learned how to properly build foam airplanes. How to wire up increasingly intricate control schemes. How to control a plane’s stability through the simple act of moving the battery. Multiple lessons big and small that have allowed me to enjoy the hobby more and suffer setbacks less. And the very best part of all, the part that I tell everyone who asks about it, is that if everything goes wrong, I’m just out a few bucks of foam and paint. All the important stuff like receivers and motors and servos can go right into the next project. Thanks to RCPowers, I’ve crashed a plane and literally had new one built and ready to go the next day. You can’t pull that off with store-bought planes or scratch-built balsa.

So I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who worked to create RCPowers. You’ve brought me a lot of joy, both in the planes I’ve built with your plans and guidance, and in the videos you’ve posted over the years. I’ll think of you kindly every time I pull out a sheet of foam to begin a new project, and every time I send one of your designs skyward.

One more flight. Always.

13. JettaManDan

JettaManDan Administrator

Scott coming back makes this awesome! We will be doing some cool stuff going forward!

14. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

Well said Agent_J, you got me all teary eyed with your message. But in life everything changes, nothing ever stays the same. :)

15. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

So when RCP is officially closed all the plans are gone gone for ever and ever? I have a couple I want to acquire if that's the case.

16. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

We're working on that now. Everything needs to be transfered (and that's a lot of work for Scott!) so if you want to be safe, get the plans you want now! The Forum transfer has priority since it's the most active part of RCPowers, then we'll get working on seeing what we can do with the rest.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Ace Pilot

Dave and Scott,

Thanks for all the work you put into this community. So many good memories. Even though i left the hobby years ago, I am grateful for what you've built here. Your videos, even before you started releasing parkjet plans, opened a new window into the hobby for me that i didn't know was possible.

I also echo F1's sentiment to JettaManDan, Crankshaw who freely gave pointers and tips to others with lots of patients.

F1Wanabe and et al, thank you for taking this forum on so that all this can continue. You are a hero.

Thanks, -Blaumph

18. Matt476

Matt476 Cadet

Wow really can't be leave this is happening! Dave and his channel are probably the main reason im building and flying RC. Thank you so much for this Dave!! Therese something about thees little park jets that I love! I got a few questions however. Will there still be ANY way to get some of the plans later on? currently I only have one? Also is the YouTube channel going to stay up?

Best of luck Dave, we wont forget you!!

Matt

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  19. Chilll

Chilll Rookie

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  20. Chilll

Chilll Rookie

What about the instructions and courses.You cant download those.Will they still be there

bimoadiprakoso and CrstnJdi like this.