Keeping RCPowers Alive!

Discussion in 'Scratchbuilding!' started by F1wanabe, Apr 26, 2018.

1. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Ace Pilot

2. Sidewayskiwi

Sidewayskiwi Ace Pilot

Try this again
    Hi guys
    Going to miss the you tube stuff
    RCPowers got me into park jets
    What is going to happen the the PDF plan archive
    Already I can't access V3&4 fleet plans
    Also I noticed the SU 34 V5 I purchased last year is no longer avail also
    Had a link for F117 V2 large but that's dried up (put it away till iam not a rookie)
    Can anyone shed any light on this ?
    Regards
    Robf (sidewayskiwi)

borg187 likes this.
  3. Sidewayskiwi

Sidewayskiwi Ace Pilot

Hi guys
    Loved the you tube stuff
    Helped entertain me through a very tough time being crippled after an accident and awaiting surgery
    Got a question or three
    The PDF plan archive
    What will happen to it?
    Already can't access V3&4 fleet plans
    Also had a link to F117 V2 large PDF plans but that's dried up too
    Any idea what's happening with the plans??
    Regards
    Robf(sidewayskiwi)

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  4. I would like also like to thank Dave Powers, Scott Lott, Shannon for many years of support and getting people like me into this hobby. I came across Dave's videos about 10 years ago on youtube... I cant remember the exact days but I believe he would have flying videos on Mondays(?), teaching/technical videos on Wed(?) and then marketing/other videos on Friday(?) where he would talk a lot about how you could do what you like to do in life - a true inspiration! In fact, I never missed any of his videos when he posted... One of the best things that Dave did (and why I am a fan) is that he broke down complex things in a very simple way. To give an example was when he was explaining the CG preference for hovering a plane with an analogy of balancing the broom stick in his Extra-300 videos. And thats just one of many examples if you have seen his videos.

What got me hooked to this hobby were Dave's 4 videos in particular amongst a lot of them.

First one was the F-22 with world's first thrust vectoring where he had some crazy aerobatics along with some smoke cartridges attached to the wing tips that was just too good:

Second was the flying school bus which was just way too cool!

Third was the SU-37 aerobatics video(s) where he shows off some crazy stability and my favorite maneuver "High-alpha". In fact this was even before I knew how to fly or build planes, high alpha became my favorite maneuver just by watching this video with some crazy experiments and just so much technical details/explanations in these videos (along with sense of humor):

And then comes the crazy experiment with the F-35 VTOL which I do not recall anyone else did before Dave (at least not that I recall anyone doing it) - just a ton of info from this project:

All I can say is I wouldn't have been here with this hobby without DavePowers and RCPowers members and people that I have met over the years on this forum. Thank you for all the knowledge, fun, inspiration, and everything else over these years with all the amazing airplane designs. Wish you all the best for future endeavors. THANK YOU!!!

As sad as I may be in seeing Dave go, I am glad that Greg and Jay will keep this forum going. RCPowers is just the best forum with great people and knowledge and too big to close down so... cant THANK YOU guys enough for stepping up your game and keeping this going!!

5. bimoadiprakoso

bimoadiprakoso Top Gun

The announcement is just bringing huge shock to me.

Few years back, I flew my first scartchbuilt plane. The RCP F-35 v2 after tiling the multiple small papers plan to a single big sheet. It flew even for 18 secs as it was my first flight. It initally brought me here to this point.

RCP forum has been such good and helpful place for people who wanna build their confidence, not just to fly but even experiencing greatness through building their own planes by their own hands. It's a totally game changer in the industry.

Dave Powers, Scot Lott and Shannon have been tremendously bringing tons of joy to if not hundreds of thousands, but millions of scratchbuilders. Including me. Like said in many posts, I couldn't thank you guys all enough, for it.

Reading at first that RCP is closing, made me really sad. But knowing that Greg will continue the web for us all, I think it's a great gift for all RCP members. Thank you for keeping this forum alive, Greg.

Dave, Scot and Shannon, I personally extend my highest appreciation to you all with hope, that whatever you guys are doing ahead, I do believe it would place another exceptional milestone for you guys. I always look up high on you all. BIG THANKS ..... Endlessly!

Parkflyers International Parkjets

My Scratchbuilding Journey

Google+

borg187, FlyteTime, FED50H and 6 others like this.
  6. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

All things must come to an end.
    Very sad to hear about Dave giving up this forum.
    Dave and Shannon will be sorely missed.

Very nice that F1 will carry on the work.

Fair winds and following seas to Dave and Shannon.
    God Bless,
    Dennie

borg187, FlyteTime, F1wanabe and 2 others like this.
  7. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Hello Sideways,

Not sure why you are having an issue downloading your previously "purchased" plans.

I just downloaded everything you said wasnt working just fine but these were plans that were in my "download archive" folder that I previously paid for.

I hope you are able to get your issue sorted out.
    Good luck,
    Dennie

borg187, Sidewayskiwi and Wildthing like this.
  8. Sidewayskiwi

Sidewayskiwi Ace Pilot

Hi Dennie
    The V3/4 fleet I haven't brought but went back to get some and it comes up RCPowers server disconnected/unavailable/not responding
    Went back to get the F117 V3 and SU 34 V3
    Brought the F35 V3 a month or two ago and they were all avail back then
    I've brought the SU34V5 a while ago
    Mig29V5 and Su35 also
    Asked Shannon on chat but no reply
    So don't know really

borg187 and Flybyknight22 like this.
  9. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

If you didn`t purchase the V4 planes they are no longer available.
    The V3 havent been available from 2014.

borg187, Flybyknight22 and Wildthing like this.
  10. Flybyknight22

Flybyknight22 Top Gun

Yup,

Looking back I really am glad that I purchased every version now.

All are a nice collection to have even if I didn’t fly every one.

Now I need all of Bimo’s :p

jimbosflyin, borg187, EricR and 2 others like this.
  11. FlyteTime

FlyteTime Ace Pilot

I want to thank you Dave and Shannon for all the work you guys put into creating this wonderful forum that I consider to be like home. When things are going well and when things are going not so well, this community and all the great folks have been like a haven to me. Without y'all I would have never gotten into this hobby, I feel sure about that. I love you guys like family as I look forward to a long future ahead on the site with Greg and Jay at the helm. Best of luck in your future endeavors Dave and Shannon. Please visit us often and let us know how you guys are doing!

borg187, malukk, EricR and 5 others like this.
  12. XDmToter

XDmToter Ace Pilot

The only RCPowers plan that I Don't have is the SU-34 V5... I just might have to take advantage of the 25% off sale to make my collection complete.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    borg187, Sidewayskiwi, malukk and 3 others like this.
  13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

The v5's replaced the v4's
    I agree with you 100 %! Dave and RCPowers got me through some tough times with my company and the distraction of building, testing, chatting with you guys then meeting up with Jay was really amazing! This community must survive and it will!

borg187, Sterling101, Bobfrog and 4 others like this.
  14. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

unlike a lot of the guys here I was already a rc flyer and needed a new challenge at the time,never even heard of depron before and very new to electric I thought why not give it a try,so back in 2012 I think,remembered coming across Daves vids and this site and as they say the rest is history I'm still here,dont get me wrong I love my petrol planes but as the uk weather is not the best these days and the last few years it seems to be getting worse,(a few good weeks in the summer if ya lucky)I like to just turn up and fly not fiddle about putting things together in the cold,the guys at my club couldn't get their head round why would you want to fly a bit of foam about but since I started flying them I would say 50% of the guys now have a foamy of some sort some depron home builds some store bought.one of the best friendliest sites going,long may it live.

15. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

I only wish the RCP plans would continue to be available,they are so benefitial to many that want to get in the air very easally.I hope Greg can work something out with Dave and Shannon to keep them available.It cost money to have these domains so it would help with that at least.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    borg187, F1wanabe, malukk and 2 others like this.
  16. andy_downs

andy_downs Ace Pilot

would copyright or what other rules and regs still apply to allow people to transfer copies of plans to others or could the new site/owners be able to come to some sort of deal to take them over,seems a shame to loose them for ever,

17. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

The transfer only applies to the forum and I'll let Dave comment on plan availability in the future at the appropriate time. We'll have updates as we get through the process! Thanks for all the support, guys!

jimbosflyin, malukk and Wildthing like this.
  18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

That would be a bonus since having guys write the script to make the transfer wasn't cheap! :D But worth every penny, IMHO. Everything will transfer and a simple verification of account should be all that is needed to continue onto the new site with your current account.

19. Sidewayskiwi

Sidewayskiwi Ace Pilot

No SU34 V5 plans for sale I saw
    Got mine @ 6 months ago

20. ScottLott

ScottLott Administrator

I'm happy to hear all the work the community has put into this site isn't going to be lost!

And thank you x1,000,000 to you guys for making this place what it is. Without the awesome people here RCPowers would have never been the success it was.

Last edited: May 8, 2018