FRCFOAMIES SU37 MK2

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

Sorry about that,I just remembered it was the beacon fabri-tac that melted the foam.I might check 3 in 1 out to test it.

bimoadiprakoso and Wildthing like this.
  2. Seems no worse then the UHU, The price of Foam Tac 2 oz for me is $10.00 US plus freight, the 3 in 1 for 4 oz is $12.00 CAD and in town. Another hobby store here had some other foam glue and it was $6.00 CAD for a 1 oz bottle.

bimoadiprakoso likes this.
  3. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

That's why i mostly use BSI,cheaper for a lot more.I've been using it for a couple years now.

4. I did find with this glue it holds really good but if you leave a big blob of it, it will melt the foam but if your contact surfaces are true and not much glue required no issues. On 2 planes I have maybe 3 spots that show some melting but not bad. I did a little reading and the UHU and Foam Tac will slightly melt the foam also but not as bad.

5. jimbosflyin

jimbosflyin Top Gun

that is what they are suppose to do,giving you the bond and if used correctly and as discibbed in the derections they work great.If your getting globs as you said,your useing way too much,this tpoic has been discoused to it's fulliist in previose theads.I'm done.

6. I wasn't opening up a new discussion I was just letting you know what I found with this glue, that's it.

jimbosflyin and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  7. Well the SU37 MK2 has some color, just going to give it a clear coat and other than final set up ready to rock. Now to start painting the F16XL. 2016-01-16 16.42.34.jpg 2016-01-16 16.42.43.jpg 2016-01-16 16.42.52.jpg 2016-01-16 16.43.00.jpg

Airflow, F1wanabe, Slingshot and 5 others like this.
  8. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

I may have stumbled onto a good prop combination for the SU35. On a zoom 450 I have a Master Air Screw scimitar 6.5x3.5. Has turned it into a vertical climbing wonder.

9. The zoom 450 how does it compare to the basic 2200kv that I have on most of my planes other then my F16XL which has the NTM 28-36 2700kv?

10. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

I think it comes up somewhere between the NTM and the little Turnigy motor. The Zoom 450 is my goto motor for most planes now, it just flies nice and is fairly cheap.

11. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

12. So did you give up any speed or throttle response. 1/2" larger prop but less pitch correct me if I am wrong but more rpm , more thrust/torque but less speed and battery life. Learning "air", "props" is all new to me. put me on the ground with high HP and rubber & asphalt a heck we can even throw dirt in there and I will help you out. lol.

F1wanabe and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  13. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

I come from boat racing so props selection is something near and dear to my heart. the thing is props are a little bit of black magic. pitch, diameter, slip and in boat terms cup and rake all play into a very complicated answer. the only real way to find the best prop is to make a few educated guesses and then try as many combinations as your wallet will afford. I think many of these park jets will do better with more diameter just because the body of the plane blocks or disrupts air flow to the prop.

14. Oh definitely if a person wanted to play with the wallet anything can happen but I think largely the size of plane, motor , prop and the under rated esc (35A) with their combination here is to keep the cost down and still give you great performance. Definitely the 2200kv motor will handle a bigger prop but then you will also have to upgrade the esc, If I run my SU37 MK2 at full throttle to long the esc cuts out, I've added more air ducts and still no change so I do have an extra 50A esc which I just put in and of course it cost more. This is also flying while it is -8 Celsius. Props in this case are peanuts cost wise as long as you don't have a huge pile of new junk ones. (not like boat props)

F1wanabe and bimoadiprakoso like this.
  15. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I'll be interested to try that prop, CRMERC! I like the 450 on the 6x3 emp because of good speed, power and low amp draw. The larger diameter will draw more amps but should allow tv vanes to get better response. I would go up to a 40/50 amp esc for sure, though. Thanks for the tip!

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

Wildthing likes this.
  16. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

I have always run the 40 amp ESC on the 450 and have never had an issue so far. I have had 3 or 4 props on SU35 so far including the 6x3 emp and a 6x3 carbon fiber unit. The main advantage of the 6.5x3.5 is acceleration. From launch the plane will just climb out with just a light toss where the other props needed a few feet to gain speed. Keep in mind I have a fairly heavy setup because of the paper coverings.

F1wanabe and Wildthing like this.
  17. That might be a good try on my F16XL which has the ntm 2700 motor on it and it is a little slower on the start. Once it gets going it's a rocket.

F1wanabe likes this.
  18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Wildthing likes this.
  19. CRMERC

CRMERC Ace Pilot

I am running the 7 inch version of this prop on the YF23 right now as well. I don't have any speed numbers as of yet but the vertical climb is the best of any prop so far.

naumansiddiqui and Wildthing like this.
  20. scott0910

scott0910 Ace Pilot

I likes this plane, it's very beautiful!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Airflow, RCUrso, kjdubuque and 5 others like this.