FRCFOAMIES SU37 MK2

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Fz1Fazer

Fz1Fazer Ace Pilot

Thanx for the explanation, I don't know this stuff yet but now I know what I have to look for :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. bogusbandit56

bogusbandit56 Top Gun

I bought mine on line from eBay ,polyurethane multi surface glue. If you have a Wickes DIY store near you they may stock Gorilla glue.( Well they do here in the UK.) I think you are better off with UHU Por as the PU glue has a tack time of 30-60 mins and a cure time of 24 hours, but does have gap filling properties.

F1wanabe likes this.
  3. Fz1Fazer

Fz1Fazer Ace Pilot

I wanna use my good old UHU POR in future too but something foaming should be fine to reinforce the inner nose and maybe to fill some gaps ;)

F1wanabe and bogusbandit56 like this.
  4. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Update Su-37 Mk2 XL Quattro (light)
    The two brand new TGY 2200kv are on, New propellers too.
    Got a package from HK today, Master AirScrew 6x4/3 ;-D YES!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I've four TGY 2200kv motors instead of 2 NTM 2700kv/2 TGY 2200kv
    Installing the new 40A TGY Plush Speed controllers. Two 4s 2000mAh batteries instead of three.
    That are mounted vertically in the fuselage.
    [​IMG]

kjdubuque likes this.
  5. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Short clip of the powertrain setup process, a lot can go wrong here ... But everything seems to work as it did with last year's more powerful system.

1080HD

6. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

The Mk2 XL Quattro lightweight edition ready for a test flight. The new lighter powertrain reduced the weight from last year's 96 Oz down to 77.7 Oz. 18,3 Oz that's almost the weight of a RTF 100% scale FRC Mk2 . Static thrust now reduced to 160 oz from previous 196 oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Beautiful Lars! That lowered wing loading should produce some excellent maneuvers!

Airflow likes this.
  8. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Yes Greg, maybe... But i'm a bit worried about the Thrust-to-weight ratio that has decreased... :eek: I don't know yet if this will be so good... If I'm going to "like" :confused: the loss of the reassurance I had before.., with the two NTM 2700 ...

in any case, landings will be less dramatic:rolleyes:! And that was actually my primary thought behind this change in weight.

malukk likes this.
  9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Well, as I like to point out to anyone who will listen I think the performance advantages of lower wing loading often add more than more thrust. Although in your case of doing a lot of vertical flying, you may be right. I predict it'll fly great!

Airflow and malukk like this.
  10. Wow Lars, this plane looks so beautiful!
    It looks like a store bought plane or better :D
    How are you adding the lerx skin to the plane? Any templates underneath it?
    I do want to build this plane too, but don't know when will that happen...

Airflow likes this.
  11. Slingshot

Slingshot Ace Pilot

Wow, just wow! :)

F1wanabe and Airflow like this.
  12. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Yes malukk:)you are right, templates underneath. (BWB) Blended wing/lerx body design
    High lift to drag ratio can be achieved by this design methodology = lifting body.

Both Su and MiG have this design, and their designers claim that this is what gives these planes such good flight characteristics. And I can notice a marked difference if I do not build them this way! I build all my Russian planes like this. Filled lerx surfaces, like the original.

Su Mk2 is a very nice plane to fly, plus it looks good.:cool:
    If you ever get the time, build it!:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The FRC MK1 Fullback BWB design
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks underneath the skin of a scale model of the Su-34
    [​IMG]

13. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Greg, Yes, you have an important point to convey! Yes there are also exceptions to the rule depending on how you "mainly" going to fly the plane. ;-)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    F1wanabe likes this.
  14. Slingshot

Slingshot Ace Pilot

Awesome work there Airflow, hopefully one day I can build something that nice. :) I'd love to give an F-14 a try someday.

F1wanabe, malukk and Airflow like this.
  15. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

The Tomcat is a nice one :)

malukk and Slingshot like this.
  16. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

Airflow, they are nice. Maybe one day i will learn to be a master builder. Makes my latest look even more crappy now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

DangerM Brilliant, nothing wrong with that!:) Do not spend too much energy on your first one. Better to crash and learn before starting up an advanced construction ... The important thing is that the plane is sufficiently straight built, wings Hor/Vert stabilizers etc ... otherwise the whole thing is just a waste of time ...

Good luck with the Maiden!

bogusbandit56 and Slingshot like this.
  18. dangermouse650

dangermouse650 Ace Pilot

That seems to be the hardest part with everything i have built thus far. I follow all the plans but somehow i mess up a cut here or there and parts don't fit. I do my best to keep them all straight and hope for the best at maiden. While everything that i have made has flown :), not all of them have been a good distance :oops:

bogusbandit56 likes this.
  19. Fz1Fazer

Fz1Fazer Ace Pilot

Yep, the Shumate F-14 "Tomcat" is a really nice and scale bird and it's on my wishlist too but the SUs from Airflow are looking that way too.
    I love this perfect blended shapes but I think before I fly something like that I wanna learn better to fly, so that these beauties are a bit more longlasting ;)

20. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

the Shumate F-14!!:cool: I did not know about this until now! something I would like to build!