FRCFOAMIES SU-37 MK1

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

vitricida likes this.
  2. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

The time has come, The oat field should be harvested soon ... Finally, 28 degrees, no wind, and the field provides good shock absorption if the landing gets hard. 40.5 Oz thrust and the plane weighs 42 Oz ...

Short clip from the launch.

[​IMG]

Kiko12 and e3_Scott like this.
  3. MacLarry

MacLarry Airman

Ah... It's private. Can you fix it?
    ---------------------------

Now it's good - Thanks!

Airflow likes this.
  4. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Sure, Thanks!! Not much to see, The flight itself will come later,maybe tomorrow...

e3_Scott, apklug and MacLarry like this.
  5. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

OOO! You looked up after the launch so that's a good sign right? ;)

MacLarry likes this.
  6. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Yes. and I'm still waiting to get a glimpse of it, :rolleyes: I think it went to russia ... HaHa!
    Well done Jay!!, it flies with style, this size gives a completely different feeling (the right feeling) than the smaller Mk2 versions. But I need to replace the NTM 2700 for a more powerful engine.:D

Kiko12 likes this.
  7. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Looks awesome, Airflow. I have watched the guys videos over at RC Foam Fighters, they get their planes going some pretty ridiculous speeds, but the motors they use are good for 1500-1800 g planes and according to HK they use a 7x5 prop, since you have a tail push setup, prop size isn't as much of an issue as the mid mount size.

Here is a link to the setup they use for a 1600 Watt setup, they are using a 5S battery to get insane speed, but the motor can use anywhere from 3-6S.

http://rcfoamfighters.com/blog/?cat=9

This is the motor they use from HK

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8485&aff=46214

Not sure if this helps, but it should give you a bit more power I should think than the NTM.

Cheers,

Scott

Airflow likes this.
  8. Kiko12

Kiko12 Ace Pilot

Maybe the best park jet outlook i ever seen!Beautiful shapes,almost sexy :) What is the plane weight ,without electronics ?

Airflow likes this.
  9. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Thank you, yes this is my favorite aircraft of the SU family. I like the clean design of the Su-34 Strike flanker.
    "the plane weight ,without electronics ?" Honestly, forgotten... However,approximately 27 to 30 Oz.
    The Volvo Car paint was heavy ...

Kiko12 likes this.
  10. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Thanks for your motor recommendation Scott!

RC Foam Fighters, Yeah:) I bought that one (3648/1450) a few months ago. will use it for my big SAAB J35 Dragon
    I have 5S batteries, which I think is enough. Will try with 7x4 and 7x5 propellers. My SU-34 Tv motor mount, can not take that heavy (7,4 Oz) motor, unfortunately ....

[​IMG]

...But my tests showed that the NTM 2200KV will provide approximately 8-10 OZ more than the current 2700kv motor. So I will go for the NTM 2200kv setup in my Su-34.

11. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Glad you found something that should work, Airflow, look forward to seeing that beauty in the air! That Turnigy motor is definitely a beast, but it sure moves those planes that the guys from RC Foam Fighters build! I would love to build one of their designs one day, but the field where I fly is not really big enough to allow me to get something going that fast, the Mig 29 V3 at 110 was enough of a challenge to keep within the flying boundaries of our field and keep the neighbors happy!

Good luck with the NTM 2200 setup!

Cheers,

Scott

Airflow likes this.
  12. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Scott.. Err,,,What! Mig V3 Maiden, already done! I've missed it ... Congratulations!!:)
    Wow! 110 is not a bad speed .. I'll take a look in the MIG 29 thread!
    Thanks! Will try the 2200kv, and see how it works..

I will grab my Dragon projet this fall. Hopefully flight ready in time for spring.

13. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

Thanks Airflow! I have two Mig29 V3 videos on my youtube channel, the maiden with the SMJV2 and then another with the NTM Prop Drive. I think in the NTM Prop Drive video the plane is actually going too fast for the camera to keep up...:cool: It is definitely the fastest parkjet I have ever built and flown, but I build it purposely to go fast, so no real aerobatics, just a stripped down dragster! After I finish my F18 V3, I will build another Mig29 V3 with full controls and what I think will be an amazing paint job...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Scott

14. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

:) Alright I'll check your channel!:)

15. MohanSharma

MohanSharma Rookie

Hello Members,
    Here is the mine SU 37 with 36 Inch wing Span. Thanks FRC foamy for the plan of wonderful model.

Attached Files:

Airflow likes this.
  16. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

17. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Brilliant! landing gear too! Have you flown it yet?

18. MohanSharma

MohanSharma Rookie

Thanks JAY for this wonderfull model. Ihave maidened this , but prop sucks all smal stone from ground and brocken.
    Here is the link of maiden on you tube.

I need suggestions, wing span – 36 inch , AUW 900 Gms, motor- Turnigy 2826- 2350 Kv , Bat – 2200 mah , 3 cell.
    This setup is ok?

19. hb9801

hb9801 Cadet

Hi guys. After losing my beloved RCP F-18 v3 due to pilot error.... I finished boxermad84 SU37. Thanks again for the beautiful design.
    Because I do not want to start repairing it so soon again, I reinforced the whole fuselage with a 6 mm carbon rod. Starting in the nose until the motormount. Due to my misunderstanding how HobbyKing ships the ntm 2700kv motor I had to build my own motor mount. I forgot to order the prop adapter. So my engine is mounted backwards and hanging below the CG. also I reinforced my vertical stabilators with dual sheet of depron. Somehow it was too flimsy and I had a lot of fishtailing during maiden flight.
    Additionally the esc is outside between the engine nacelles, for cooling purposes.
    Setup is conventional. Dual flaperons with spoiler function and rudder plus normal dual elevator. Slight mixing for flaps and spoiler.
    I am using the hobbyking 6 channel orange rx with build in 3 axis stabilator. Using stabilisation only on rudder channel with 40%.
    Video to follow. Any suggestions for a paint job?

Total weight with 2600mah 3c Battery around 29 ounces org 820 grams.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cheers. Helge

Airflow likes this.
  20. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Hb9801357, that's a nice build! May I suggest that you turn off the stabilizer until the plane is dialed in? Or not use it on rudder? That strange fish tailing is the stabilizer fighting your inputs or oscillating like they tend to do. Once it's dialed in without the stabilizer, then you can start adding some gain on the channels. In the su, if I did use a stabilizer it would be on roll. Pitch is extremely stable due to the length, and yaw is extremely stable due to the size of the Billboard sized stabilizer. The roll is the least stable feature of the su37. Still, the properly set up su doesn't need the stabilizer, and because it's so aerobatic, the stabilizer actually makes it feel lethargic or a little spastic. It fights your quick inputs. For cruising around flat and level it's OK, but once you start the aerobatics it can get nasty.
    For highly maneuverable planes I like good contrast on top with an arrow design pointing forward and a white bottom like this FRC f18:
    [​IMG]
    The colored bottom doesn't work for me because the bottom is mostly dark shadows. And in a roll my brain has trained itself to count the flickers - white, blue, white, blue-as the plane rolls a so that I now come out of rolls right side up (almost) 100 percent of the time.
    Good luck!

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Airflow likes this.