FRCFOAMIES SU-37 MK1

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Sep 15, 2012.

1. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

The problem is the lag. By the time it reacts you are already on to the next input. I've seen vide of the plane on a table and the diff thrust works great, but with the plane airborne or in high alpha any delay can be critical. You probably saw this, but on the control test you see the diff thrust in action and you may notice the delay.

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

2. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Okay, all painted up. Couldn't hide the spackle but with paint, so I did what I had to. Just have to make a few control rods and glue the tails on and she'll be ready for maiden. Still don't know why my FlySky 8ch Rx is only hearing the first 6 channels. Just have to skip the airbrakes for now. Oh, and I'm a stickler for canopies, so I shaped it a bit with the paint. More true-to-life that way. IMG_20130329_182553.jpg
    IMG_20130329_182604.jpg
    IMG_20130329_182430.jpg
    IMG_20130329_182321.jpg

Boxermad84 and Airflow like this.
  3. asimmetrico

asimmetrico Cadet

WOW, Awesome. Please record the maiden!

Al

4. asimmetrico

asimmetrico Cadet

Very nice indeed.
    I think that most of the delay is introduced by ESC. Usually in their program some delay s added.
    I would suggest using a multirotor ESC or an ESC flashed with Simonk firmware.
    I tested it on a multicopter and the difference is huge. From not flyable to perfectly stable.

Al

5. very nice work man. I too like the idea of the canopy. just might have to do the same to mine.. great Idea

6. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

Awesome dtribby Looks really good!
    Good luck!

7. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

The back seam of the canopy is a pretty good guide. Not the perfect angle, but in Dave's words: "scale enough"!

Sent from my R5-D4 astromech droid - for as long as its motivator keeps working.

8. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

how much is the weight (ready to fly) without battery?

9. gm3

gm3 Top Gun

hey a.s.d. how quiet is the twin prop setup as compared to and other planes.

10. David123

David123 Cadet

Im jealous! Guess I'll have to order some more foam soon. Half a sheet left!

11. David123

David123 Cadet

Im jealous! Guess I'll have to order some more foam soon. Half a sheet left!

12. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Beautiful dtribby! Looks really polished- Good contrast too!
    Do you have the aux channels set to on in the mix menus? Or, are they set on a switch that you may not be flipping? Sometimes I go through the mixing and exit out without pressing the menu button first and it doesn't save the settings.

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

13. Just tooling around its very quiet but anything over half stick and it SCREAMS!!! Very loud. I am working on a video my wife shot with a normal video cam and I'll try to get it some good sound for ya
    Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

14. ok heres the video I said I was going to post from today. you can hear how loud it is. and I am learning to flat spin without thrust differential. looks like its going to work just gotta get some stick time in...

HiFlite, f4mnect and e3_Scott like this.
  15. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

I've (I believe) activated Ch7 by putting a mix on the channel, slaved to the other rudder channel, and also to the RUD. Nothing seems to work. I've got everything I "need" right now with 6 channels, so I'll dig in more after getting her in the air. Right now is Elevons only on ID0, elevons and ailerons on ID1, and spoilerons and elevons on ID3. Rudders full time. Ch7 would have given me airbrakes, but that was just for funsies. It's funny that 7 AND 8 won't respond, so maybe I AM messing something up. I can post screenshots in the ER9X thread later when I get back to it. Got two other planes to repair and setup through the business day. This one is almost done - just finalizing the throws.

16. yes pics of your mix screen would help. I have no issues what so ever with mine and this new yellow bird uses all 8 channels

17. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

thanks for the video assouls that plane is amazing, great flying

18. thank you very much!!

19. gm3

gm3 Top Gun

WOW, i never realized how big the plane is, unless your wife is tiny.

20. gm3

gm3 Top Gun

do you think it would be quieter with twin microjets and a 22003s battery insted of a 4s battery and 2700kv motors.