FRCFOAMIES SU-37 MK1

Discussion in 'FRCFoamies Plans' started by Boxermad84, Sep 15, 2012.

1. yup when the canopy can off it hit the puller prop and when it did that it unscrewed the prophub, but luckily headsuphobby.com has them in stock. I went to buy some more batteries from them today but their out of stock and wont be getting any in till next week.. :( oh well I have enuff for one flight then I have to charge them. but we have a charge station at the club so I can get a couple of flights in

2. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

crazy, that plane is amazing

ASD likes this.
  3. yes it is, and it will only get better, as Dave says it, "i have to train one more computer, the one in my head"

4. Boxermad84

Boxermad84 Administrator

ASD likes this.
  5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

ASD likes this.
  6. Airflow

Airflow Top Gun

ASD, Simply incredible! how it behaves in the air, SU is king ...:cool: Seems to be time to consider building a bigger one too. 80% 100% and ... I held my breath and felt exactly what you felt in that moment, fortunately it went well! congratulations!. Was a little worried about your friend's fingers when he threw it ...

ASD likes this.
  7. e3_Scott

e3_Scott Top Gun

f4mnect -

I did a detailed walkaround/build video after I finished my Su37. There may be some stuff there that might be of use to you.

Cheers,

Scott

8. f4mnect

f4mnect Airman

thank you so much, have 2 pieces left to cut out then build time, but need to eat dinner and walk my dog, so i'll finish cutting it up later tonight. lol there are pieces that when i got done cutting them out i just help them up and thought to myself i have no idea what this does or where it goes

9. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

10. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

Oh, and a partial triangle piece (with flat top) glues into the front of cockpit area and the triangular piece with square hole in it is the rear of the cockpit area.

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

11. me too but hes be doining this for a LONG TIME!!!!!

12. yes I was thinkin about trying kf's on this plane but I think it would have been a waste. this wing are one layer of FFF laminated with de-papered DT foam on top. so putting kf4's would have made the wings almost an inch thick, or around 24mm. WAY TOO thick but glad I didn't it floats very well for a plane that weighs almost 62oz....

13. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

14. FatherAndSons

FatherAndSons Top Gun

Loved your video above AsSoulsDream! One of the best landings I've seen! Nice job! Great video!

I'm going to have to build one of these too :cool:.

15. asimmetrico

asimmetrico Cadet

Very nice video and amazing flat spin and landing at the end ;)

Did you ever think to control the two esc indipendently so you have the option to repeat and control the spin? Unscrew a prop during flight is not so practical :)

Al

16. actually Jay and I were talking about that. I may have to get a servo reverser so I can hook the canards up on a single channel. right now I have 8 servos plus the throttle channel on a 8 channel rx. so I need to find another channel since the only servos that are Y'ed are the rudders. if I could reversr one of the canard servos and y connect them That would free up a channel and allow me to seperate the Esc's from the Y that they are on. then yes, with the er9x Tx It would be pretty easy. I too thought that it was preety frickin awesome to be able to flat spin like that. I'm going to go back out to the club here in about an hour when the sun comes up and give it another try today!!!!

FatherAndSons likes this.
  17. asimmetrico

asimmetrico Cadet

Another option could be to eliminate the rudder and use the diiferential on the motors.
    I think you wouldn't feel the need of a rudder in that config.

Record your flight so we can dream again

Al

18. F1wanabe

F1wanabe Administrator

I know whatmovesyou says he has a good set up for diff thrust, but Shumate (the man himself) says he has not had good enough response from diff thrust. I also read that the higher the kv the worse control since the motors need more time to spool up than with lower kv motors. But give it a try!

www.youtube.com/gstrysky
    www.frcfoamies.com

19. dtribby

dtribby Top Gun

Gotta get pics of mine all painted up in here today. Spent an hour yesterday trying to figure out why my 8ch Rx won't let me run anything on CHs 7 or 8. May have cracked the problem last night researching ER9X, but we'll see once I git-r all plugged back in in a couple of minutes.

Newt likes this.
  20. well if it flat spins like it did with only one motor running I could easily program that into the er9x and it would be crazy control ability